Car Finance and Repoing

Hi,

From my time working at the Dealership I have done several finance deals which have resulted in the car having to be repoed via the Goverment.

A suggestion I have is for an app on our phone or tablet that we can have all our current ongoing fiance deals listed where they can login and make payments as they have the money etc. 

An addition to this would be an option that when they have not made payment within the specified timeframe we can mark said vehicle for repo where anyone who is or logs on to Tow will receive a text with a list of the current cars that are up for repo. Possibly this even alerts them if the car is retrieved from a garage and is seen in the streets etc.

If a tow driver is able to tow the car back to the dealership they receive an award something like 5% of the vehicles MSRP price.

We at the dealership can then have an option to store the car until the finance is paid or it is put back in our name come the end of their weeks grace period.

I think this would open up a lot of RP possibilites with Dealerships possibly hiring full time repo men and other repo companies competing to get the tow etc.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Morphiushell said:

Hi,

From my time working at the Dealership I have done several finance deals which have resulted in the car having to be repoed via the Goverment.

A suggestion I have is for an app on our phone or tablet that we can have all our current ongoing fiance deals listed where they can login and make payments as they have the money etc. 

An addition to this would be an option that when they have not made payment within the specified timeframe we can mark said vehicle for repo where anyone who is or logs on to Tow will receive a text with a list of the current cars that are up for repo. Possibly this even alerts them if the car is retrieved from a garage and is seen in the streets etc.

If a tow driver is able to tow the car back to the dealership they receive an award something like 5% of the vehicles MSRP price.

We at the dealership can then have an option to store the car until the finance is paid or it is put back in our name come the end of their weeks grace period.

I think this would open up a lot of RP possibilites with Dealerships possibly hiring full time repo men and other repo companies competing to get the tow etc.

Love it, as a tow guy in city, who is constantly trying to expand my business, and this being ONE of the things I have considered trying to work out, I'm all for it. Stoner Towing and Recovery, where anything to do with towing or recovering cars is possible.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nigel Barrington said:

+1 think this is an amazing idea and will revitalize the towing industry.

Not only revitalize, it will expand it. Towing isn't necessarily dead, it's just difficult when not a lot of people are calling for tows, or when they are, there's only one tow on duty, and the calls come in fast and furious. 

You don't really need mechanics for this. Just an imagination. The lost was doing this for Mosleys for months awhile back, After putting the effort and time into attempting to reach out to a few dealerships about this face to face in game. One of them actually took a chance on the idea. It was pretty engaging having to legit find and hunt these people and the cars down all in RP without a mechanic aiding it. Just going by descriptions of the people and the car. We stopped doing it mostly due to the move to Paleto, But honestly the times when someone actually defaulted on their payments and we was needed to repo was very rare. 

That said. If mechanics were to be put into a repo system. A one major thing I would say that would help at the very least is the ability for a dealership to reclaim ownership of a vehicle if brought back. As long as a contract is wrote up and receipts of payments are all documented for legality sake. Cuz to be honest that aspect will open up more DOJ RP. 

But I am not a fan of a mechanic that takes away the roleplay of walking into a dealership and having a conversation and getting information on people and vehicles and then actually hunting the car down in favor of something that just makes it a notification on your phone to go to this spot and get this car and bring it back. 

Edited by Kota Taylor
  • Like 6

47 minutes ago, Kota Taylor said:

You don't really need mechanics for this. Just an imagination. The lost was doing this for Mosleys for months awhile back, After putting the effort and time into attempting to reach out to a few dealerships about this face to face in game. One of them actually took a chance on the idea. It was pretty engaging having to legit find and hunt these people and the cars down all in RP without a mechanic aiding it. Just going by descriptions of the people and the car. We stopped doing it mostly due to the move to Paleto, But honestly the times when someone actually defaulted on their payments and we was needed to repo was very rare. 

That said. If mechanics were to be put into a repo system. A couple things I would say that would help at the very least is the ability for a dealership to reclaim ownership of a vehicle if brought back but that would require mechanics to prove payments were made otherwise how do you legally prove said person missed a payment without a receipt system that could be taken to court? How do you legally know the person that financed the car is lying or if the dealership is lying? That would at least open up more RP with DOJ. 

But I am not a fan of a mechanic that takes away the roleplay of walking into a dealership and having a conversation and getting information on people and vehicles and then actually hunting the car down in favor of something that just makes it a notification on your phone to go to this spot and get this car and bring it back. 

Actually, contracts in the tablet could double as receipts.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Kota Taylor said:

I was actually editing my post I forgot about contracts. 

I have actually loaned people money and as they make payments, i type up receipts. I appreciate the creativity reminder, ive been so creative with what i can on towing, that i forgot the idea of making it happen without an in game mechanic, gonna be pushing hard on a couple things thanks to it. Hope some business owners are ready for some mail, or visits from this tow guy lol.

• Like 1

Big plus 1, as someone who dishes out contract loans for people in order to buys assets. House Car etc. I would love the idea on an app to keep track of and make payments on money owed would be amazing as I like many am a busy man and can't always meet to get it in cash. I think the practical use for something like this is endless.

+1 to bank payment system for loans, or really any banking system to directly pay people

The repo part, while I love the idea, I'm not sure how much use tow drivers will get out of it. The vast majority of these state repod cars come from players who dont play in the server regularly or at all, so one wouldn't get a ping of them pulling the car out for months or ever. This would greatly extend the amount of time lenders are waiting to get the collateral back. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mia said:

+1 to bank payment system for loans, or really any banking system to directly pay people

The repo part, while I love the idea, I'm not sure how much use tow drivers will get out of it. The vast majority of these state repod cars come from players who dont play in the server regularly or at all, so one wouldn't get a ping of them pulling the car out for months or ever. This would greatly extend the amount of time lenders are waiting to get the collateral back. 

We could have a system of if within so many days/ months, it goes to tows for collection, and if the debtor isn't in city for so many weeks after that, the state gets involved? Not sure, just ideas I can think of

• Like 1