Compass and Street names (For better visibility and callouts)

Ksx

Wanted to know if there's a possibility to add this on the server: https://forum.cfx.re/t/release-compass-and-street-name-hud/5525

It'll be a great help for callouts and visibility. I know it doesn't have the neighborhoods in there but I think it's possible to add the code in there manually. It does say "You are free to alter and re-publish, or copy bits of it to use in your own project. Shoutouts are always appreciated, though."

I'm unsure if I'm supposed to post it here, if not, please do move the thread where it's supposed to go.

• Like 1

Everyone does, it's beside the Minimap.

Personally I have no issue with how it is currently, I just don't want my screen cluttered with bigger objects when I already need to focus on the ones within PD;

EX: Notifications/Calls, etc. Then again, I'm acustomed to the current one as I've been doing PD for 8 months now; so once you are set with something and you can do it by heart then your golden for it to stay.

12 hours ago, OnlyHarper said:

Everyone does, it's beside the Minimap.

Personally I have no issue with how it is currently, I just don't want my screen cluttered with bigger objects when I already need to focus on the ones within PD;

EX: Notifications/Calls, etc. Then again, I'm acustomed to the current one as I've been doing PD for 8 months now; so once you are set with something and you can do it by heart then your golden for it to stay.

Yeah, I get what you mean, I just thought it could be easier to read while driving solo for example since it's centered and at the top. The size and all of it is customizable, so it's possible to make it smaller to reduce the clutter. 

It's just a thought, though.

• Like 2

• 11 months later...
16 hours ago, vDrop said:

Overtime, you get super nerdy and just know the streets and directions lol

Most people don't really know all the streets and directions, it's more for newcomers and old as well. As @wets1ckle stated, this will help beginners with an easier learning curve. Instead of peaking at the bottom left corner, it'd be easier take a quick peak up and do your callouts. Plus, the compass itself is customizable and free so it won't look exactly the same as in the picture once it's tweaked an tuned.

It comes down to personal preference in the end of course, personally I like the way it would look, and I don't feel like it would clutter the screen with a good customization. 

9 hours ago, Richie Jax said:

a more noticable compass would be nice, i never know what direction im going during callouts i just say right and left and towards the direction of the closest landmart, usually pillbox lol

That's the point to be honest with you, sometimes even looking at the bottom left corner makes me lose perception of what's in front of me. I feel like a top middle position would be perfect to keep your eyes on the road and at the same time know where you're at exactly. 

• Like 1

I'd love better navigation tools. I've spent like maybe a month total in the city, including GTA5 time. Never finished the storyline there. Extra fun here now, lol

I get lost like every 10 minutes, or if in the city, every 5 seconds. Literally can't pursue a vehicle with xbox muscles, except if I am getting directions from a spotter/navigator. I can do it with other muscles, but switchin on the fly is.. iffy.. lol

Wouldn't be able to do spotter/navigator since I have only had a short time to learn the land and glancing down on the fly just to see which road to take next is enough to get me to crash, so trying to read road names while driving is a total no-go.

Edited by Trevor Bingley

• 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Skolly717 said:

I think a compass item you can quick use like the GPS would be cool… you f5 and it pops up quickly. Would be cool during police chases, foot chase and you can call your accurate direction of travel would be useful. But we can all figure these things out using the minimap as well

Could be even used as a toggle, so that the players who're used to the old one can still use it and new players can swap it out. It's always nice to have options.