Helicopter and airplane guidelines

Harold Gray

I was just wondering is there a section for any of that. I know when you get your pilots license it gives you some info but there are still a lot of unanswered questions I have like does there have to be a helipad to land a helicopter and some other questions. If there is not a section for this there may need to be one. 

Just don’t use a helicopter in a way it wouldn’t be used in real life. No crazy maneuvering, land in reasonable spots (that would be not in the middle of roads or the roof of buildings that aren’t typically designed for such thing, if there are air conditioning units on that roof, don’t land on that roof.)

If im not mistaken you can only and are only supposed to land your helicopter at Helipads, everything is a reason for PD to take away your license. EX: The beach, the middle of a hill/mountain, an island.  Not 100% sure but I believe that you are only allowed to land at helipads. Hope this helps. ❤️ :) 

No where inside the server, or outside the server have I found the Aviation laws. Unless, I am blind. (Sorry, if so Staff then please remove post)

But as a PD member, these are the requirements that I learned as a civilian to keep you're license before becoming a PD Aviation officer.

Aircraft must be kept above 200M (600 FT) during flight.

Aircraft may not be used maliciously towards other citizens, including obtaining obscure positions.

Aircraft may not be used to facilitate or assist in criminal activities. This includes evading police, robberies, drug trafficking, lookout, etc.

Aircraft may not be landed in populated areas (lower half of the city, excluding designated landing areas or high buildings).

Abuse of these turns will result in your license being revoked. (This requires action from a server Admin)

There is really no laws from what I know and what's been stated above, but use common sense and the above as a rule of thumb.
I could have 100% SWORN there was stuff in the server rules,
Regarding the use of Aircraft and ETC towards gameplay, nor a set list in civilian rights.

Regarding the use of Aircraft and ETC towards gameplay, nor a set list in civilian rights. These requirements, as i state was on the forums but I'm unable to find it for you nor in-game either.

It may have been accidentally removed, :shrug:

Edited by Amberlyn Noelle-Amos
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

City limits is going to be the main city, the districts, and the residential areas around it. Here's a pretty good map showing the city and its districts:

D9GIPHx.jpeg

I'd recommend that you avoid landing in any of those zones except designated airports and airfields (+helipads for helicopters). You might be able to land on the beaches as long as it's safe and clear, but don't quote me on that! You're going to struggle finding a clear enough space to land anywhere else in the city.

Also 'iirc' means "If I remember correctly." ?

On 11/23/2021 at 3:38 PM, Yama said:

City limits is going to be the main city, the districts, and the residential areas around it. Here's a pretty good map showing the city and its districts:

D9GIPHx.jpeg

I'd recommend that you avoid landing in any of those zones except designated airports and airfields (+helipads for helicopters). You might be able to land on the beaches as long as it's safe and clear, but don't quote me on that! You're going to struggle finding a clear enough space to land anywhere else in the city.

Also 'iirc' means "If I remember correctly." ?

Thank you for the information. I’ll print out that map.