New to RP and Los Santos

SkinnyBob

Greetings all, I'm SkinnyBob 

I joined the city a couple days ago and I'm new to RP and the city. Needless to say, my character (Tom Paris) is struggling to learn his way around the city and he's a little overwhelmed. Tom is middle aged and  moved to Los Santos from a small town. He was tired of the small town life and wanted a change, but he may have bitten off more than he can chew. He's learning very quickly that city life is going to be harder than he anticipated, but he's no quitter!  Wondering if anyone would be interested in taking some time to show him around and help him become more familiar with his surroundings and other aspects of the city life. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. TIA :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SkinnyBob said:

Greetings all, I'm SkinnyBob 

I joined the city a couple days ago and I'm new to RP and the city. Needless to say, my character (Tom Paris) is struggling to learn his way around the city and he's a little overwhelmed. Tom is middle aged and  moved to Los Santos from a small town. He was tired of the small town life and wanted a change, but he may have bitten off more than he can chew. He's learning very quickly that city life is going to be harder than he anticipated, but he's no quitter!  Wondering if anyone would be interested in taking some time to show him around and help him become more familiar with his surroundings and other aspects of the city life. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. TIA :)

Welcome to the City!

When I first joined Badlands I came from a very small city, so it was a bit overwhelming at first. But the more I got out and started to meet people the easier it got, so all I can suggest is just make friends and you will see that it gets easier for sure. Badlands is a great community to be part of and has some AMAZING people as well. So just get out of your comfort zone a little.

Edited by Pinky McPinkerson
  • Like 1

Pinky hit the nail on the head. 
Best thing you can do is reach out in character. Let people know you're new to the city and feeling a bit overwhelmed. I'm sure you'll find people who will help out.
This is my first and only RP server and I don't care to try any others. This community is awesome and very helpful. Keep at it! Welcome to BadlandsRP!
Keep an eye on in game twitter and ads in the city. It'll be a good indication of where people are.
Depending on how you want your character to go you may want to be careful on what you're asking others for; build trust first.
Have fun! Best of luck! Lookin' forward to having one of my characters meet you sometime!
Maybe you'll get Rhys, maybe you'll get Ashley.. ?
Only fate will decide...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the city.

There is a lot to see and do in the city and don't be afraid to reach out and ask for any help.

I know it can be hard to break out of your shell and meet new people but everyone within this awesome community are willing to help.

We have a great Dev and staff team also who put a lot of their spare time into the community to help it grow and get better each day.

I look forward to crossing paths one day.