Better durability/health on vehicles

GK47_

In my opinion I think cars should not break down as easy as they do. There's times where I might literally tap something at 1 MPH (no exaggeration) and my vehicle will start smoking. I understand that my vehicle body/engine health might have been low prior to that, however, I still feel like they do total too easily. I got some clips below to show. 

It be great if there was a stall mechanic. Crooks almost have 0 room for error when escaping cops and if there is any room for error it'll probably be one crash and after that the car is done. Don't get me confused, I'm not asking for the cars to be indestructible, it's important for there to be some realism on it obviously, but a sly boost on them I think is and can be important. 

I've been playing on this server since 2019... before the server went down for a while and I know vehicles were like this even then so I feel like the chances of this changing is low but it's something I can try to recommend at least. If this isn't an option and there's no chance for the durability on vehicles to change, it would be great for us to see the vehicle damage stats when accessing the Garage menu, so we know how damaged the car we're pulling out is. 

• Like 2

+1 depending on the vehicle. I'm terrible with car names so excuse me but there are a couple vehicles crims use a LOT, maybe the kuruma or CTSV? But they can crash out so many times and still be able to get away fine. I definitely think motorcycles need a buff for damage as I've experienced what you're saying about hitting one thing and the whole thing shuts down. Sometimes with cars it is a case of physics screwing you over and you've just had an unfortunate collision that the game's decided was the end. I would like it if my sheriff vehicle didn't blow it's headlights so easily since I can literally tap something at like 2mph and boom, gotta go get a repair cause my lights are dead. 

Edit: I also don't think supercars need a buff. It's a risk you take when you pick a car for an escape that can go such crazy speeds, you have a VERY high chance of getting away if your car accelerates fast, so having a lower durability enables cops to have a chance against cars that frankly can be very unfair sometimes. Especially if you're in a sheriff vehicle or a ranger SUV, you have next to no chance, and the raptors and other quicker vehicles aren't always out when you need them. 

Edited by Kathryn Davies

8 hours ago, Kathryn Davies said:

+1 depending on the vehicle. I'm terrible with car names so excuse me but there are a couple vehicles crims use a LOT, maybe the kuruma or CTSV? But they can crash out so many times and still be able to get away fine. I definitely think motorcycles need a buff for damage as I've experienced what you're saying about hitting one thing and the whole thing shuts down. Sometimes with cars it is a case of physics screwing you over and you've just had an unfortunate collision that the game's decided was the end. I would like it if my sheriff vehicle didn't blow it's headlights so easily since I can literally tap something at like 2mph and boom, gotta go get a repair cause my lights are dead. 

Edit: I also don't think supercars need a buff. It's a risk you take when you pick a car for an escape that can go such crazy speeds, you have a VERY high chance of getting away if your car accelerates fast, so having a lower durability enables cops to have a chance against cars that frankly can be very unfair sometimes. Especially if you're in a sheriff vehicle or a ranger SUV, you have next to no chance, and the raptors and other quicker vehicles aren't always out when you need them. 

Yea I agree with you, I don't know, you don't know, none of us really know the best way to go about it, but I definitely believe that there has to be a change/tweak with it for sure. Like I said, whether they add a stall system or change the durability depending on each car... an example is the Pantos durability should be TRASH, no need to really go into why, I think that's self explanatory.

Again, I feel like a stall system or something depending on how hard a crash is would be good. This change could mean less love to the mechanics as people won't need to go as often but another thing that can battle that is if someone damages the body of their car, it stays damaged even if put into a garage and the car gets pulled out later on so that way if someone wants to get their body fixed they HAVE to go to a mechanic.

• Like 1

I think by buffing motorcycles it would at the same time make motorbikes even more meta for ratty crims to abuse. Its basically the only chance the cops get to catch bikes that they break easily because they can't pit or keep up with them in legit any cop vehicle if the motorbike drive is half decent.

As for cars I think its a big +1 to see the average damage on your vehicle at the time you pull it out of the garage especially considering they reset back to your garage after tsunami in whatever state they were last in.

As for buffing the strength its a hard one because I believe your average citizen deserves to have their cars buffed considering you can hit the smallest of posts and see massive reductions in your cars performance + its basically a city wide locked price of $500 no matter how broken your car is which is frustrating when you have minor damage.

As for criminals I believe it may end up just making the experienced criminals even harder to catch. The better criminals have adapted their driving style to work with the damage mechanics in this city and still from what I see have good success in evading so if they get a buff on the tankyness of the cars then I see cops possibly getting more aggro with PIT maneuvers which can just cause issues in itself, cops currently do not abuse pitting whatsoever in my opinion and when looking at how aggro some other cities are I think its best it stays that way.

However the newer criminals definitely struggle finding success when it comes to the steep learning curve of managing your vehicle in a pursuit which may deter them from sticking around in badlands when they're just spending lots of time in jail.

Hard one to balance in my opinion.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, iRyaaannn said:

I think by buffing motorcycles it would at the same time make motorbikes even more meta for ratty crims to abuse. Its basically the only chance the cops get to catch bikes that they break easily because they can't pit or keep up with them in legit any cop vehicle if the motorbike drive is half decent.

As for cars I think its a big +1 to see the average damage on your vehicle at the time you pull it out of the garage especially considering they reset back to your garage after tsunami in whatever state they were last in.

As for buffing the strength its a hard one because I believe your average citizen deserves to have their cars buffed considering you can hit the smallest of posts and see massive reductions in your cars performance + its basically a city wide locked price of $500 no matter how broken your car is which is frustrating when you have minor damage.

As for criminals I believe it may end up just making the experienced criminals even harder to catch. The better criminals have adapted their driving style to work with the damage mechanics in this city and still from what I see have good success in evading so if they get a buff on the tankyness of the cars then I see cops possibly getting more aggro with PIT maneuvers which can just cause issues in itself, cops currently do not abuse pitting whatsoever in my opinion and when looking at how aggro some other cities are I think its best it stays that way.

However the newer criminals definitely struggle finding success when it comes to the steep learning curve of managing your vehicle in a pursuit which may deter them from sticking around in badlands when they're just spending lots of time in jail.

Hard one to balance in my opinion.

For the most part yeh I agree with you, I definitely don't think it needs like a huge overhaul so to say where a complete 180 is done on how the damage system works, but I do think it's important for something to change at least. Like I said, from the clips I provided, my bike MAY have been low durability at the time but regardless me rubbing my bike onto a cardbox box shouldn't have caused it to smoke up.

From the crim perspective yes you're right, if you're a good criminal, you'll have a good chance to get away whether the vehicle breaks down easy or not, in short, that's the skill gap. You can't drive without crashing and causing your car to smoke? Find a driver. 

I think one thing EVERYONE will agree with is what I also suggested about having a potential stats panel on our garage UI. If I played for 8 hours straight one day, then don't log back in for a few days foe whatever reason, I don't think I or anyone else will really be able to remember what one of your vehicles went through during that 8 hour session. A simple diagnostic at the mechanic can fix that but it's tedious in my opinion going there back and fourth with each car. 

This definitely removes the "Hey boss, can you run a diagnostic on my car, see how it's doing?" RP but I don't think it's a BIG miss. If coding in a stat panel into the garage UI is too much work, just a simple option for players to diagnose their vehicle using the M menu could do aswell.. for example M > Vehicle > Diagnose.

There was one point in BL where cars are durable af. It went really bad.  cops were not having fun chasing crims and people doing some x games jumps. The good side of it tho racing scene was more fun since cars dont smoke after hitting a pebble. Maybe this time will be different, I'd love to see that. 

Edited by Leeroy Denkins

I personally would like to see a vehicle damage overall. I would agree that its off putting right now. Ya'll think your vehicles get F'd. PD vehicles, most can be seen to be 1 and done. 

- Jumps, high impact on tires, possible chance for popping.
- High Impact, vehicle in motion, BUT vehicle stalls for a moment

That's all I got tbh. lol. But I'm +1 for all vehicles to get some love, just not SPORT motorcycles. Just those types, because I'm a jerk lol

• Like 2

• 5 months later...