Melee Weapons

Mefcy

people shouldn't be charging from afar at you with a knife if you've already got a gun on them. I've been told that falls under the rules of valuing your life. 

A legal knife can't be drawn quick enough to defend yourself even if you are standing right next to the person with a gun on you. There are also dodging techniques that can be used against someone with a melee weapon, especially those with a knife since the animation holds you in place and vulnerable while you are stabbing. 

• 3 months later...

I agree the fact that guns take 5-10 shouts to down someone but a knife or a melee weapon is one to two hit with a stumbling when hit. All they have to do is ran at you and left click, boom fights over your down. I find it to take me out of RP when someone is getting shot over and over and over but me having full health and vest gets one tapped by a pull queue

Whilst i understand the pain of being hit with a pool que,, in a real life situation, it is unlikely that they would hit you in the vest, they would be going for an unprotected head shot, or stabbing of the leg ,head or neck with a knife. having a vest should not mean that you should survive longer. i agree that the damage inflicted is perhaps too high and should be given a reduction, or a chance  to inflict damage , in a range of hits from small to large or not hit .

Edited by Carl Berg
more ideas

God damn it, Pool Cue. Lol 

Anyways, I'm 50/50 on this. 

One, as an officer, or even as a criminal, my ultimate goal is to never be with in melee range, and I'm going to put the threat down way before they get to me. At least that's going to be my goal anytime I think its going to happen. 

Two, The lunge is what kills it for me. On land, okay, but it happens in the water too because of the lock on. 

I will say this, not sure why he is blaming the pool cue dmg, he was shot 9 times by a Deagle before he was hit by the pool cue, neglecting to mention that is crazy... 

that like me saying ohh i survived bridge fall but not mention i had armor on..... setting everyone up for failure, because you took an L shouldn't be a thing.

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Removal of melee lock would undoubtedly create unintended consequences. There's a reason why games like "Fight Night" or "UFC" have an automatic melee lock (and yes, those are melee ONLY games, I know).

Having played SCUM, having hosted fight nights in that game (as a server Admin) I see the gigantic difference between melee lock and unlocked.

Locked melee is realistic, your natural human instinct in a melee encounter is to square up to your opponent, without even thinking about it. It's a natural human response to do so, instinct. Fight or flight.

Unlocked melee (in a GAME, not in RL) is absolutely horrid and unrealistic. 10-20 punches go flailing off to the point that it looks absolutely ridiculous. Seriously. It looks like a slap-fight where nobody actually gets a hit in.

Do I agree that someone should be able to take 9 bullets? No. But that's not a problem with melee, that's a problem with gun damage and armor coverage. Headshots should automatically take down your opponent, 1 shot. In other games (like SCUM) you could wear the heaviest armor, but if someone shoots you in the face, that's it you're done.

The way I figure this could get addressed is if there was a way to adjust the knockback of a bullet, that 1 shot into a vest would stop the advancing "melee" fighter in his tracks, and take a second to regain any kind of forward momentum. Probably not doable, but changing a setting like melee lock is absolutely NOT the answer, I can assure you from a 1000's of hours of experience in the matter.