Suggestion - Chloroform

Dorkyartist

You’ve seen it before in action movies- the chemical used to knock people out—Chloroform. 

The idea is that chloroform could be used on someone to knock them “unconcious” (they can’t see or hear) for about a minute. The user would have to successfully complete a mini game to successfully knock out their target with Chloroform. To prevent Chloroform from being abused, there should be a cool down timer after every time someone successfully knocks someone out with Chloroform. 
Another way we might be able to prevent chloroform from being overpowered is by having the victim do a perception check (kind of like what you do in dead by daylight while fixing generators) where they have to react and press a button at the right time to avoid being successfully knocked out by it.

I feel like adding chloroform could bring in more unique ways to spice up roleplay, such as used in kidnappings, or maybe the FBI will use chloroform to knock someone out and take them in for questioning. 

overall, I’d love to hear some feedback on the idea!

• Like 7

Also agree with @ShesElectrick. This suggestion sounds like Power Gaming to me. 

Within the Power Gaming section of the rules, it says: "There are no predictive outcomes in RP and your actions should not attempt to control the narrative of other players."

You can always suggest via RP that some kind of chemical was used to knock the person out, but that doesn't mean it'll work, since the other person can always deny it. 

Edited by Razec

4 hours ago, smellslikebaka said:

Hmm, I don't think it specifically adds much especially if there is a drug that can take away vision. Maybe an option on that drug of forcing someone to take it? But they have to be on the ground, ziptied, or whatever first.

That’s what I was suggesting. You can force them to take it. You can’t force them to take ficus. ficus and peyote really don’t take away vision that well in the first place and pPeople can build up immunity to it.

6 hours ago, NewportReb said:

I think it could be interesting. That said I also think it should be rare/expensive as the ability to abuse it seems high. Maybe make it a highly controlled substance that is difficult and/or costly to produce.

I like what you said. +1. 

• Like 1