Jail Time Limit Break

Desolaris

I personally feel there needs to be a change with the current Jail time cap ( 60 Months / mins ).  IMO there shouldn't be a cap like there is now. For example, If I go do a Paleto savings bank, shoot a cop and down him/her, then Kidnap another cop, My jail time should reflect that, prolly looking at 60+, Essentially I can do as many crimes as I want and I'm only gonna get 60months, so why not go for broke. This would make Criminals more hesitant to do a job, and potentially force them to come up with an actual plan for each job instead Out driving an officer a game of who crashes first. When I'm chasing a Criminal, I want to see a plan that you have made for the job, instead of just out driving cops. I'm not saying I haven't just "Out driven" cops, but I feel this will be a turn for the better, when criminals are just farming Fleeca's left and right, and doing it all over again when they're out of jail in a short/brisk 60mins. This will also give Department of Corrections AN ACTUAL JOB, a chance to create some good scenes with inmates that have a longer sentence. 
Keep in mind, I'm not trying to give cops a " W " but I personally just want some planning done into robberies            ( Fleeca+ jobs )

Please, any feedback / Alterations to my initial suggestion is very much appreciated.

Let me know your thoughts below there are no "good/bad" opinions :) 

• Like 4

I feel like longer sentences should be determined by the courts. The police can give you jail time, up to a certain length of time in order to allow for a trial, which then a judge could sentence longer prison times. It would be a lot of work, but it could potentially extend the RP.

I know there's a lot of strong feelings when it comes to Court and Prison RP, so it will be nigh impossible to please everyone either way...

I resigned from BCSO as a CPL/FTO, and did LEO on the server for almost 10 months. No matter, what you do the criminals will only fear for a little while with this change. I remember people begging myself and others to reduce their time and etc for stuff they did, because it was just another 15 minutes. But then they just didn't care after a month or two, it's just how people are.

Personally I would like to see a cap but no more then 120, if someone is doing that sort of stuff wouldn't they be charged with the following? I may be wrong as this literally came out the day after I resigned, but wouldn't this grant you the ability to hit them for 120 and 25k?

D6VrD6z.png

Edited by Nikki Delores

I'm all for more jail time, on a crim stand point there needs to be changes to prison though. I would like to see automated jobs that reduce jail time little by little just to give you some way to reduce the jail time. When we get to the point of having big jail times then I feel like you should be able to serve your full sentence offline/ on a another character, or maybe just 80% of your sentence. DOC is cool when they are around but there needs to be something in place that can help off set the huge amount of time. If not then it'll get to a point each day that we as PD will have nothing to do because every crim will be setting in Bolingbroke AFK for 2+ hours. 

Edited by Randy Jones
  • Like 4

I think the cap should be lifted to $30,000, 90 and $20,000 personally.

We do currently have a system in place where we can request a higher time/fine/etc if something very serious has occured, for example in the case of a bunch of guys who tried to take down the airport communications tower, as it was an act of terrorism and they put multiple civilian and officer lives at risk, we didn't believe the 60 months and the fine/restitution max represented the severity of the crimes. In that case a judge was brought in and the cap was lifted for that incident. This is for specific isolated cases so I feel that a general cap should be raised to reflect the severity of incidents, as sometimes a robbery & evasion can equate to the same as an attempted murder, aggravated crime incident, etc which in my opinion is crazy.

I also agree there should be ways to reduce the sentence, perhaps by working in the cafeteria, cleaning the yard or other activities. I would also like there to be more in depth RP in the prison, for example different phases of the day managed by DOC, criminals in jail at the same time forming alliances and fights that DOC/PD can come and handle, so on. A lot can be done in the prison but it requires work from all sides and we would need more active DOC, possibly some lifers to show people the ropes, and commitment from gangs more than just "let me sit here AFK until I'm ready to go". It would also be cool if there was a way for visitors to give inmates items that would have to be checked by DOC, and depending on how crafty you are / if DOC overlook something, contraband like alcohol, drugs, weapons etc could be snuck in.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

As DOC id say jail has some of the highest potential for RP in the server currently, but it involves a delicate balance of Lifers/Gen Pop/DOC. There are a lot of features at prison and personally I dont belive prisoners should be able to farm a job to get out of prison quickly. You did the crime, now you must do the time. I do agree on longer sentences tho. 

We are currently training a fair amount of DOC and the goal is to be around more. The issue with trying to enforce a schedule are a few reasons. The first one is that the sentences are very short so if we want any interesting rp besides lockdown its hard to follow. The second is that we have a schedule for lifers but there are never any awake. In my honest oppinion this is our biggest issue with bowlingbroke right now. Gen pop is not around long enough so lifers have no incentive to stay awake. Lifers have a lot more to do now but the issue remains of waiting around just to have a 20 min interaction ever hour or so. 

Personally I have always thought on my criminal that the sentences felt very short especially if I commited somthing crazy like multi agg murder + class 3. Bowlingbroke has a lot of resources it can offer but I feel no one realizes this with lifers always asleep. This is somthing I think about a lot, I believe that more people SHOULD be getting sentenced to life and be forced to battle it out in court as they wait in jail.

I've been waiting to have this discussion but I know things are in place and they are changing for the better. My best moments are in that damn prison. 

• Like 3

Ideally, I'd like to see the sentence cap removed entirely.  It never really made sense to me that you could kill 5 cops but only be charged for one, and if you kill a civ in the process that life literally does not matter in the penalty phase.  Remove the cap, give people something to do while they're in there (that doesn't involve lowering their time), and give them the ability to serve a part of the sentence while either offline or on another character (removes the offending character for the specified time without actually punishing the player for playing a criminal character).  More time leads to more DOC interaction as well, which opens up the possibility that DOC provides good RP experience in prison and people would rather serve a larger portion of their sentence.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, tRaShCaN05 said:

Ideally, I'd like to see the sentence cap removed entirely.  It never really made sense to me that you could kill 5 cops but only be charged for one, and if you kill a civ in the process that life literally does not matter in the penalty phase.  Remove the cap, give people something to do while they're in there (that doesn't involve lowering their time), and give them the ability to serve a part of the sentence while either offline or on another character (removes the offending character for the specified time without actually punishing the player for playing a criminal character).  More time leads to more DOC interaction as well, which opens up the possibility that DOC provides good RP experience in prison and people would rather serve a larger portion of their sentence.

+1 To all of this.

1 hour ago, Johnny Knuckles said:

I would like to say this out of all the times that I have been in prison I seen DOC 1 time while I was in prison and that is since they added them

"If you build it they will come." This is going to take time to build. DOC exsisted but only recently have we gotten some major QOL updates (The farm, Lifers) People have to interact and even learn that this stuff exsists. I try to give tours to let people check it out and get very good feedback about people thinking about joining. I have been working as hard as I can to try to promote Jail RP but the basic issue is I can't commit the hours Id like. DOC is working hard to get more people trained with the hopes that we can up those on duty numbers and the new meme can be "Remember before DOC?"

I do think that some type of work at the prison could be useful while doing long sentences. Say working in the mess hall making food gets 5 months off, making license plates, laundry, etc..... This could constitute "good behavior" and maybe reduce a prison stretch by say 20% or whatever feels right. Also would give crims something to do other than just pick fights or go to the visitor area.

More consequences for actions is what's needed to break the monotony of low quality criminal roleplay that's been seen by everyone except for the ones doing it. If people actually face the charges for what they've committed, maybe they'll think twice about pulling that trigger in the first place.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Storrent said:

More consequences for actions is what's needed to break the monotony of low quality criminal roleplay that's been seen by everyone except for the ones doing it. If people actually face the charges for what they've committed, maybe they'll think twice about pulling that trigger in the first place.

There has to be some type of balance, though.  The idea is to encourage new avenues of RP, not to discourage crim RP altogether.  All that does is leave LEO and DOC with absolutely nothing to do and no reason to be clocked in.

• Like 2

On 10/28/2021 at 9:57 AM, tRaShCaN05 said:

I agree, the only thing with this is that are you really gonna have players in prison for like 5 hours?? That is the only issue I see. I completely disagree with having the opportunity to serve the sentence offline, it defeats the purpose of raising or removing the cap and will only drive players away from the server.