Suggestion - Cooking Hobby

Dorkyartist

I think it would be unique to make more hobbies available to rp in the server, one of them being cooking. 

Basically, the idea was that you could use an oven (purchased at the furniture store) to cook certain foods. The foods would be cooked with ingredients gathered by different jobs throughout the city. (Ex: sliced white fish from fishing, eggs from the market, veggies grown like jute is, deer meat from hunting, etc.) 

This could add the option to rp that you have the hobby of cooking. You could also take that experience of cooking and use it to help you get a job at a restaurant in a city.

Some might argue that this would negatively impact the restaurants in the city, however, I disagree for a few reasons. 
1. not everyone is willing to do multiple jobs around the city just to cook a meal when they could save time and just buy a ready-cooked meal from one of the restaurants

2. You wouldn’t be able to cook any dish that can be made in a restaurant, so you’d still have to buy those dishes from the restaurants

3. Restaurants have an easier way to get their ingredients.

I feel like this idea is a cute way to incorporate a cooking hobby. The cute girl next door might make cupcakes for people, or maybe you just have a barbecue outside with friends. Either way, I thought the idea would be cute to incorporate.

• Like 5

+1! I would love to be able to cook my own on the go meals and it would be something I could do when I'm not clocked in as it's hard as a cop to really spend time off duty. I like the idea of having to go to places around the map, utilise neglected systems such as fishing, and it'd be a great way to get people going to new locations.

I also would like to say that Kate would love to grow vegetables in her free time considering she grew up a farmer. It would be awesome if we could have things like cows in the world in farm locations that you could interact with to milk (if you had a milk pail) or having chickens you can interact with to get eggs (I know there is a chicken catching script somewhere but I don't think processing chicken meat would make sense if you're just a hobbyist).

It'd be cool as well to be able to make soups by combining various different veggies/etc so that if you have leftovers you can make it into something where it wouldn't be that filling but it'd still be a meal.

• Like 1

For this to work without hindering restaurants I feel a couple things would need to happen in my opinion. 

1. The food would need to spoil pretty quickly faster than restaurant food. 

2. It can't compare at all to filling hunger like restaurant food otherwise people will ult find a way to cheese it and just make this stuff at home. Killing the restaurants purpose. It should be more for RP than it should about filling your hunger. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Kota said:

For this to work without hindering restaurants I feel a couple things would need to happen in my opinion. 

2. It can't compare at all to filling hunger like restaurant food otherwise people will ult find a way to cheese it and just make this stuff at home. Killing the restaurants purpose. It should be more for RP than it should about filling your hunger. 

Of course! I completely agree!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Kota said:

Oh yeah, basically it would be the equivalent of the 24/7 sandwich.

If you want a filling meal, go get it from one of the great restaurants. 

I'm 100% down with homemade meals spoiling quickly. 

Gardening/ Farming could even work with restaurants for those places that love the idea of farm to table ingredients. 

• Like 1