Question on Optimization

Ascendancism

Hey there (Apologies in advance if this is in the wrong spot, I have had difficulty navigating forums) I've noticed especially recently that the amount of 'headpop's' or screen freezing has dramatically increased for myself and other players. This is extremely persistent when traveling at high rates of speed through specific areas. EG: Pillbox | Legion | MRPD. I'm wondering how I can if possible lower the frequency of this happening after I've already turned my settings down. I was also looking for more people to shed some light on the topic as well as get some possible staff feedback in regards to optimizing server scripts.

Honestly I think a lot of it is just FiveM and while admins do their best to keep lag & crashes down in highly populated areas, I imagine it's a constant work in progress in getting that down to a manageable level. Some people would suggest that specs, internet speed & location in the world can contribute, which definitely being a Brit for example on a US server can cause a lot more issues with desync and connectivity in general, but we've still had people who meet all of the right criteria struggling. I can imagine it uses a lot of resources to update not only the server but also every client on information that is constantly changing, not to mention assets such as clothing, cars and interiors can put a lot of strain on CPU/GPU which combined with that constant sharing of information could cause freezing or headpops. Especially in highly populated areas you are trying to load a lot of assets at once which is probably why areas such as Pillbox and Legion struggle. It's a hard balance giving people new awesome things while also trying to keep load under control. Having better specs will obviously help reduce this but not to a point where it never happens at all.

Obviously I'm not an expert on the dev side and the admins & devs probably have more information!