Taxi is a hopeless job

Kavin K

Drive around looking for customer!! 
No any NPC around sometime not respawn and when i turn my POV npc gone so i just keep driving taxi because it say Drive around looking for customer!! 
Sometime i went to NPC area and keep parking then the pop up comes again Drive around looking for customer!! 
Honestly, there is a customer in 15-30-45 and go on depends on luck for 30-100-200 dollar 

(Any new player who read this don't ever try Taxi its cost you 10k for a taxi car waste of time not good earning) so buggy I would say.

Edited by Kavin K

I can tell as a long time employee of big hawks taxi the taxi job needs a major overhaul not everyone wants to be a criminal and there are major downtimes saying you should not rely on NPCs for this job is like saying do not rely on NPCs for drug dealing or animals for hunting it's a major part of the job, the fact is the company of big hawk taxi should have a higher pay because you have to roleplay to get the job and be vetted by staff, plus we have to be creative just to get people to call taxis this is a major problem... It's embarrassing how little the job pays and I can safely say for me and the rest of big hawks taxi we want more for our workers because as of now it's painful.

14 hours ago, Kavin K said:

Drive around looking for customer!! 
No any NPC around sometime not respawn and when i turn my POV npc gone so i just keep driving taxi because it say Drive around looking for customer!! 
Sometime i went to NPC area and keep parking then the pop up comes again Drive around looking for customer!! 
Honestly, there is a customer in 15-30-45 and go on depends on luck for 30-100-200 dollar 

(Any new player who read this don't ever try Taxi its cost you 10k for a taxi car waste of time not good earning) so buggy I would say.

Hi Kavin - I hear your issue loud and clear. As someone who is part of the biggest Taxi company in the city (And when I mean big, it's damn near the only one because of how uninteresting the job is) it's understandable why you feel the payout as a Civ driver is underwhelming - I feel the same way! An average of $150/30mins isn't much to brag about while hoping to get a Civ as a client, but that's even after you've payed $10k to drive the taxi!

8 hours ago, Nadiya said:

Taxi in my eyes is not a waste, their is plenty of RP opportunity to earn money through that source. Lay out a base plan and possible prices, elusive deals and etc and you'd be doing just fine.

Local's have been broken for some time, so don't count on that to make your way through life.

While I agree that the RP can be amazing when you pick up Civs but that's only if you get Civs. This is GTA afterall and anyone who knows anyone will have cars at multiple garages or have a crew they can call for pick up - so good luck getting those clients. I also can't brush off the comment of "Local's have been broken" so deal with it type thing. There's plenty of other legal jobs that do rely on locals/NPCs - so yes it should be addressed if it is. But personally I haven't had too many issues with Local clients but they can defiantly improved!

Example; Perhaps the city can implement a "Better Clientele" system for those who are employed at an established Taxi business. Where if you are clocked in and employed at a Taxi shop, you get better clients calling for a Taxi and they pay a higher percentage than normal for the accredited service? It would be good for both Civ and business - Civs gets a better payout and business can get employees who WANT to work there.

4 hours ago, Nesbit said:

You should also try possibly joining a current Taxi Company, make your own, or something. Put yourself out there. Make sure you're doing advertisements and such.

As part of a Taxi gig, there is 0 incentive for a Civ to *want* to be apart of a business to make a living other an they can say they work there. A Civ make no more or less than an Employee at a business - seriously! So why be apart of a Taxi business if a Free-Lancer can get as much just the same? Even if you're employed at a Taxi shop at best the owner can give you a sign-on bonus and buy you a taxi.

Possible Solution: As I said above; I think a "Better Clientele" system help alleviate that problem. If you are employed at a business and clocked in - you get a better % for the accredited service! Especially since getting actual Civs can be sparse. 

3 hours ago, Billryethejewishguy said:

I can tell as a long time employee of big hawks taxi the taxi job needs a major overhaul not everyone wants to be a criminal and there are major downtimes saying you should not rely on NPCs for this job is like saying do not rely on NPCs for drug dealing or animals for hunting it's a major part of the job, the fact is the company of big hawk taxi should have a higher pay because you have to roleplay to get the job and be vetted by staff, plus we have to be creative just to get people to call taxis this is a major problem... It's embarrassing how little the job pays and I can safely say for me and the rest of big hawks taxi we want more for our workers because as of now it's painful.

My character is a legal Civ with 0 records of any criminal activity (nor is part of any whitelisted factions) I can say with confidence that a Taxi gig is tough to make a living. The RP is amazing when you can interact with other Civs while on the clock but this is GTA (grand theft AUTO) meaning anyone that is very knowledgeable in the city will more than likely have their own vehicle or have a crew that they call for a pick up and you will probably never interact with them through the job - but maybe storm hits any they are stranded (We can only hope!)

Solution: I agree with you on the Locals pay better if you're employed at an established taxi business as you can see in the above suggested solutions.

---

On another Note; Suggestion on RP
Now that Civs have a better reason to want to join a taxi business, maybe we'll see more Taxi service business pop up and create competition on who gets the client. (there's multiple food places/dealerships/garages - why not taxi business? Because it's not profitable and RP is 1on1 not really a group activity like the other businesses.) Of course Taxi is a completely legal gig but wouldn't you want to get to the client first because of the pay? Or heck, why not put a timer on locals after picking them up to go to their destination. Racing to get to the client would make for a more interesting RP because now you have cops trying to chase crazy taxi drivers too (We all know you crazy truck drivers be haulin' ass too lol) But hey, it's all in the name of "We are the fastest service in town."

I understand that reworking the whole Locals thing would be a whole job and a half - but perhaps just the first part of the "Better pay when employed at a taxi company" would be within reach!

Edited by Sug
I can't spell lol
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 12/19/2021 at 9:44 PM, Sug said:

Hi Kavin - I hear your issue loud and clear. As someone who is part of the biggest Taxi company in the city (And when I mean big, it's damn near the only one because of how uninteresting the job is) it's understandable why you feel the payout as a Civ driver is underwhelming - I feel the same way! An average of $150/30mins isn't much to brag about while hoping to get a Civ as a client, but that's even after you've payed $10k to drive the taxi!

While I agree that the RP can be amazing when you pick up Civs but that's only if you get Civs. This is GTA afterall and anyone who knows anyone will have cars at multiple garages or have a crew they can call for pick up - so good luck getting those clients. I also can't brush off the comment of "Local's have been broken" so deal with it type thing. There's plenty of other legal jobs that do rely on locals/NPCs - so yes it should be addressed if it is. But personally I haven't had too many issues with Local clients but they can defiantly improved!

Example; Perhaps the city can implement a "Better Clientele" system for those who are employed at an established Taxi business. Where if you are clocked in and employed at a Taxi shop, you get better clients calling for a Taxi and they pay a higher percentage than normal for the accredited service? It would be good for both Civ and business - Civs gets a better payout and business can get employees who WANT to work there.

As part of a Taxi gig, there is 0 incentive for a Civ to *want* to be apart of a business to make a living other an they can say they work there. A Civ make no more or less than an Employee at a business - seriously! So why be apart of a Taxi business if a Free-Lancer can get as much just the same? Even if you're employed at a Taxi shop at best the owner can give you a sign-on bonus and buy you a taxi.

Possible Solution: As I said above; I think a "Better Clientele" system help alleviate that problem. If you are employed at a business and clocked in - you get a better % for the accredited service! Especially since getting actual Civs can be sparse. 

My character is a legal Civ with 0 records of any criminal activity (nor is part of any whitelisted factions) I can say with confidence that a Taxi gig is tough to make a living. The RP is amazing when you can interact with other Civs while on the clock but this is GTA (grand theft AUTO) meaning anyone that is very knowledgeable in the city will more than likely have their own vehicle or have a crew that they call for a pick up and you will probably never interact with them through the job - but maybe storm hits any they are stranded (We can only hope!)

Solution: I agree with you on the Locals pay better if you're employed at an established taxi business as you can see in the above suggested solutions.

---

On another Note; Suggestion on RP
Now that Civs have a better reason to want to join a taxi business, maybe we'll see more Taxi service business pop up and create competition on who gets the client. (there's multiple food places/dealerships/garages - why not taxi business? Because it's not profitable and RP is 1on1 not really a group activity like the other businesses.) Of course Taxi is a completely legal gig but wouldn't you want to get to the client first because of the pay? Or heck, why not put a timer on locals after picking them up to go to their destination. Racing to get to the client would make for a more interesting RP because now you have cops trying to chase crazy taxi drivers too (We all know you crazy truck drivers be haulin' ass too lol) But hey, it's all in the name of "We are the fastest service in town."

I understand that reworking the whole Locals thing would be a whole job and a half - but perhaps just the first part of the "Better pay when employed at a taxi company" would be within reach!

Literal legend who summed up everything wrong and to be improved for taxi cab drivers.

• Like 2