Personal Trailers for Semi-Trucks

rustyred

I own the Hauler AND the Phantom Custom, and don't get me wrong, I could spend HOURS just grinding the Semi job just to make money, but I don't like the idea of that. I feel like trucking and transport have a lot of RP to be squeezed out of it. I feel like a "trailer" store and garage could easily provide ALOT of RP for different walks of life. Once someone has a CDL and owns a truck of their own, they could work and save up enough to purchase a trailer, to then stop working for the State and the County truck depots, and start their own trucking outfit. Then you could advertise to move peoples inventories for them (materials, collectables, drugs, etc.) or if someone had a huge business deal and needed a truck, they would know who to call. 

Then you could get into the legal and ILLEGAL side of trucking. The thrill of hauling a semi trailer packed full of dope flying up the Senora Fwy going to the drop location seems like a thrill and a half, and adds a new factor of realism to trucking, because not only legal, law abiding citizens make money from trucking. 

I don't know shit about coding, or how the game engine works, but I feel like if you can make a car spawn, and able to make it have an inventory (trunk and glovebox), that it should be easy enough to implement it on a trailer. 

• Like 2

I was JUST thinking about this last night while we were hauling as mule full of coke. Thinking about all the steps they had to go through to hide that stuff in the Son's of Anarchy show, and here we are, free to just drive it around and no one has any reason to stop us.

I think it would be awesome to be able to store stuff in a semi trailer, granted, what people would probably end up doing is just using it as a big storage locker. You'd probably have to limit it's capacity to not that much.

• Like 1

On 4/20/2022 at 11:09 AM, MrBigRed said:

I was JUST thinking about this last night while we were hauling as mule full of coke. Thinking about all the steps they had to go through to hide that stuff in the Son's of Anarchy show, and here we are, free to just drive it around and no one has any reason to stop us.

I think it would be awesome to be able to store stuff in a semi trailer, granted, what people would probably end up doing is just using it as a big storage locker. You'd probably have to limit it's capacity to not that much.

I like the OP Idea of this, and perhaps add it to where it is literally a temp storage? You rent the trailer, get say 500KG of storage, but its searchable, can be broken into, and will last until storm? Perhaps allow only a certain amount of trailers on the server at a time so that we don't have 300+ of them just laying around? This could add potential RP to an area as a storage yard for trailers? (potentially getting into a new business Idea involving rental of trailers and providing security to rented trailers in that area?) Perhaps also allowing existing businesses like Marshall Towing, Mike's Sporting Goods, ANY of the 3 dealerships (probably more likely to have the dealerships rent out trailers, like the Boat House having them there to rent out, and then the other 2 giving vouchers to redeem at a trailer storage place.) Before I get too far down the rabbit hole, just wanted to finish with adding the ability to own/rent trailers can potentially add a large amount of RP. I do see the potential for abuse, or cheesing in a way, however, I know other thoughts from others can help refine this idea OP by Rusty! Kudos man. +10 from me!

• Like 1