Green zone rule enforcement

Please enforce the green zone rules..

I feel like kidnapping a cop to force them to release your friends in MRPD is unnecessary, and kind of cheesy. Kidnapping an LEO still provides RP of course, just at the expense of possible lawyer RP. The rule blatantly states the purpose of the green zones is to promote RP between the criminals, LSPD, and DOJ. Kidnapping or holding up LEO's to force them to free your friend in the cells seems like it just wipes out the RP the DOJ has in the cells. This tactic could, and is, abused and a blatant rule break. 

DOC and prison transports are another point. If the criminals get released due to hostages and they get away, there's no transport or prison RP for them. 

Prison Transports.. There is already an established way for you to break your friends out of custody. Every break out I have seen at MRPD has ended in a shoot out, so skip the extra step, make a plan, and break your friends out on route to Bollingbroke.

The purpose of these zones are to promote and foster RP between potential criminals, the LSPD and DOJ. No external attacks or breakouts from these locations are allowed. For example, if you are detained in MRPD, your group cannot storm MRPD to free you.

• Like 3

I don't know about the event in question, but I do think PD should be on alert, from the second they take custody of a suspect until the convict is safe behind bars at Bollingbroke, of the possibility someone may attempt to retrieve there comrade. I do, however, think that PD should be greenlighted to go 110% at the scenario once an attempt is made at MRPD.

Of course not knowing what crazy scenario happened in the case that brings up this subject, I think this allows the criminals a broader canvas on which to be creative in their RP. There's plenty of DOJ RP to go around. A breakout attempt or two, every now and then, post jail hearing, shouldn't hurt things.

It's kind of fun to see PD squirm considering all the five cop car 24/7s, Air 1 injected two-man Fleecas, serving warrants on people never seen or interacted with at a scene because you just "assumed" they were involved, 100+ MPH prison transports, and more. Makes you feel like nowhere is safe doesn't it?

+1 to the creative criminal mind!

Edited by lords8n
  • Like 1

I agree but disagree. I hate the idea of rules that create limitations, such as the greenzones. I think however, instead of forcing rules like this, make the penalty much harsher. I am not sure what type of charge it would fit, but you could go straight to high numbers like 150-200 months for an attempted breakout via another officer from MRPD.

• Like 1

In an ideal world, there would be many less rule and mechanical restrictions, and stricter IC consequences of behavior we want to discourage.

The reality right now tho is that this is a public server. Additionally, we are struggling with on duty faction numbers especially relative to an increased player population. When these type of hold MRPD hostage externally scenarios happen, they shut down any other opportunity players outside the scenario have for police interaction. This means 911 calls not responded to, unanswered bank robberies, lawyer rp suspended due to the threat, no backup for ems and on and on. All for the one group trying. These scenarios are usually very lengthy, especially given that there was already a scenario leading to the arrest.

There is also no 'timer' for these scenarios. They can happen when there's two cops on duty or 20. They can happen back to back with different groups. Compare this to a Pacific Bank robbery which has a huge cooldown and requires enough police to be on duty to deal with it. There is no balance to be had for everyone's time and want to interact with a variety of people.

It also REALLY does not help when groups are specifically kidnapping cops further reducing the available number of officers to deal with it. Especially from regular players who already know or have experienced the above issues from the pd perspective. 

• Like 3

Personally I think the rule should be enforced BUT I do find it personally frustrating ICly sometimes when I cant go press someone without it being awkward in Pillbox or MRPD. I feel like if it makes sense IC it should be allowed. Obv no exceptions should be made for the monke firefights in greenzones but i feel like if it makes sense in RP it should be allowed

all in all +1