Phone Number for Tow, Taxi, and Other Calls

G33smeagz

Tired of working a job like above and accepting a job only to find that the player has gotten antsy and left already, or that they would not agree to the price but I had to drive out there.

I would love if on the job that pops up for the service there was the phone number of who requested the job in order to tell them you are almost there, how much it would be, complications, etc. Would be even better if there was a button to call them but beggars can't be choosers.

1 hour ago, Brendan Thomson said:

add anonymous option like 911? (for calls to taxi) and then automatic anonymous call on the outbound

That works the other way around from what you're thinking, I am not sure if the phone can support what's needed for that to happen. The person would have to be calling that made the request for it to be anom, which also might require some pretty heavy changes on the dispatch notifications. 

6 minutes ago, Rizz said:

That works the other way around from what you're thinking, I am not sure if the phone can support what's needed for that to happen. The person would have to be calling that made the request for it to be anom, which also might require some pretty heavy changes on the dispatch notifications. 

Well it depends who's anonymity we are trying to protect.  If someone put in an anon taxi request it just wouldn't have the 'call' option on the dispatch notification, which I believe is how the 911 anon thing works, making them uncontactable.  Taxis could choose not to attend these calls. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brendan Thomson said:

Well it depends who's anonymity we are trying to protect.  If someone put in an anon taxi request it just wouldn't have the 'call' option on the dispatch notification, which I believe is how the 911 anon thing works, making them uncontactable.  Taxis could choose not to attend these calls. 

Ohhh! You mean giving the option to call anon or non anon. That's a fantastic idea. +1. 

HUGE +1.

Working as an original part of Marshall Towing, one thing we've always desired is to have the person who requested it's phone number. We many times show up to a civ called tow and they aren't there, so it'd be nice to just be able to give them a quick call to make sure they are all set and that we just aren't missing where their vehicle is.

And also +1 to not being able to see their phone number just incase of it being abused, an anonymous call.