Dealership + Cosmetics

Sammi

Over the past month or so, or however long it has been. I (as a dealership worker for 4 months or so now) have grown to have no issue with the tuner shop stricly having upgrades.

But my main issue at the moment is that due to this, the customer buys the vehicle at the dealership, gets it resprayed and windows tinted, and just goes to the tuner shop to get the upgrades AS WELL AS cosmetic stuff done. This pulls even more money away from us that originally people were saying we still have. Out of 5 vehicle sales the past couple days, nearly all have said "all good, I'll get it done at the tuner shop" or such.

Also (I don't know if it's just a bug at LSC), customers can't access the cosmetic menu. So that means they don't even have the option to scroll through the cosmetics we offer and see if they like it, so they just say screw it, get it resprayed, and leave. 

I don't work at the dealership too often anymore, but I have seen many others sort of irritated by the same thing. Not upset, just does suck a bit.

In no way do I expect others to agree, just was curious on others thoughts who work at dealerships or have recently bought new vehicles :)

Regards,

Sammi AKA Tucker Turnt

• Like 3

In my honest opinion, I think at the dealership you should be able to do paint, windows and cosmetics. The tuner shop can handle everything else. Because if you kinda think about it in a real life situation, dealers can do cosmetic things to your vehicle IRL and you would take your vehicle to a performance shop for performance mods. Honestly I think the tuner shop should be able to do performance upgrades ONLY. Such as engine, trans, brakes, turbo tuning, and suspension. I think we should allow the dealers to be able to do paint, windows, and other cosmetic items. That way it can be somewhat of a 50/50 split of money making. Just my opinion, if anyone has any thoughts on that feel free to input.

• Like 1

I do agree with these statements. and can confirm it easier for people to Just go tuners now and get everything done at 1 spot. 

Tho i cant say ive heard "ill get it done at tunershop", but i have sold cars that i have 10 min later be cosmeticly diffrent, that beeing paying the extra at bennies or going Tuners i cant guarantee. Tho in my belife, with further thinking i belive that we should take more time on car sales and therefor going trough the cosmetics for them should not be to bad! Does it feel wierd that they cant go in there and look what they want? yes, but imo that is to promote communication rather then chatalog purchasing, something that then would also increase the ammount of RP posibilites. 

tried keeping it short and simple

Edited by Tobegande
gramatic changes
  • Like 1

I mean tbf, very few car dealerships sell performance modifications and it makes more sense to take to a shop specifically catered to that sort of thing, that being said I think car dealerships should have a little more leeway when it comes to making profit on cars and also dealerships should set their own “sticker price” rather then everyone having universal prices. 

• Like 1

I appreciate all y'alls responses! 

7 hours ago, Tobegande said:

therefor going trough the cosmetics for them should not be to bad! Does it feel wierd that they cant go in there and look what they want? yes, but imo that is to promote communication rather then chatalog purchasing, something that then would also increase the ammount of RP posibilites. 

That is a very fair statement and after rethinking, I do agree with you. At times of course will it get tedious with 10,000 wheel combinations ahaha, yes, but it's part of the job :)

As someone who works at the Tuner Shop if I do let's say about 8 cars of vehicle upgrades I will probably  modify 1 out of those 8 vehicles with cosmetics. I really don't mind if dealerships do cosmetics I'm just saying everyone new and old knows they need to go to a dealership to buy a car not everyone knows they need to go to a tuner shop for upgrades or cosmetics. They will most likely just go to a Benny's.  That's just how the cookie crumbles.

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve always looked at it like dealerships are salesman. I don’t want a salesman putting upgrades and such on my car. I want people who specialize on working on vehicles to do those things. If dealerships had a “specialize tech/body shop tech” on the clock it would make more sense for me to have him do cosmetics and such for me. 

• Like 1