List of IC OOC terms (useful for new players)

Denver

Term:

Thinking about something

Description:

When people say they are thinking about something they are referring to doing something away from their keyboard aka AFK, some people may also say they are "going in their head", try to refrain from using this term as it's a weird thing to say.

It's also preferred by server staff to come up with more in character terms based on the situation yourself, as well as choosing a correct place to go AFK at. Instead of saying you're gonna go pee, and just stand there you could look for a toilet or a bush to go sit in/on.

Example:

"I'm gonna think about grabbing a drink in my car over there, I will be right back"

Term:

muscle(s)

Description:

When people are referring to keyboard or mouse keys they would call them muscles

Example:

"Flex your k muscle to put on your seatbelt"

Term:

Government Website

Description:

When people refer to the government website, they mean badlandsrp.com aka our main website and forum.

Example:

"If you want to apply for the LSPD, you can go to the government website, look for the topic Los Santos Police Department and click on recruitment"

Term:

Eyes

Description:

When people refer to your eyes, in most cases they are talking about your screen, this being your main monitor on which you see the game.

Example:

"If you look at the top of your eyes you can see the government website"

Term:

Brain

Description:

When people refer to your or their brain, in most cases they are talking about your or their desktop PC or laptop.

Example:

"My brain is over heating, I'm starting to get some headaches*, I may have to lay down and take a nap*"

Term:

Headache(s)

Description:

When people refer to headaches they are usually referring to lag or stutters, this is usually when they'll refly / reconnect to the server.

Example:

"I'm experiencing some headaches, I need to take a nap"

Term:

Nap

Taking a nap

Description:

When people refer to a nap or taking a nap, it means they are reflying / reconnecting to the server, if you are currently roleplaying with this individual you're supposed to wait for them to come back. If it takes too long you can contact a moderator in the BadlandsRP Discord.

Example:

"I am taking a nap I will be right back"

These are all the terms for now, more could be added later, in the meantime you can familiarize yourself with the server rules so that you are fully at home.

https://badlandsrp.com/topic/7311-badlandsrp-server-rules/

Welcome to BadlandsRP, enjoy your stay and happy roleplaying!

Edited by Lion_Luke
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I've been collecting those too; So far I've gotten

Citizen: Real player
Local: AI, probably smoking crack & driving into people, fences, or you
Storm: Server crash, scheduled restart
I appreciate you, or variants: Thank you for putting effort in

[Edit: Now YOU get to keep it up to date, and word it, lol ^^]

Edited by Frank Frost
Trolling

• Denver pinned this topic