Home cooking/grilling

Kilroy9970

Since you can cook on Cayo Perico at camp fires, is it possible for us to get that sort of thing added for cooking in a house kitchen or on a property BBQ? I know it's possible in other servers, so the scripting must be available. I realize a concern can exist about restaurants being replaced, but I don't see that being an issue considering how much we use them. And it would be great if there are no open places to buy food from!

i understand that this sounds amazing etc, but i think it would fast become something people use to stack up food to not have to wait for food places to open.. hence when they do open the person opening it wont be as Rewarded for opening it. ( when opening a food joint after it beeing closed people tend to be generous about tipping and buying food). As annnoying it migh be seeing people complain on twitter "im tired of these sanwiches and water" "its never open" and then have home cooking option.  i feel having food buiss as the only way to get propper food that fill you decently makes the buiss valued both for catering and counter sales. i see the value in rp that it might be able to bring "friends over for bbq". but for the buissness stuff it will just be a negative. id on the otherhand want to see a place where food trucks from buissnesses can have portable grills etc and accualy make the food on location.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Tobegande said:

i understand that this sounds amazing etc, but i think it would fast become something people use to stack up food to not have to wait for food places to open.. hence when they do open the person opening it wont be as Rewarded for opening it. ( when opening a food joint after it beeing closed people tend to be generous about tipping and buying food). As annnoying it migh be seeing people complain on twitter "im tired of these sanwiches and water" "its never open" and then have home cooking option.  i feel having food buiss as the only way to get propper food that fill you decently makes the buiss valued both for catering and counter sales. i see the value in rp that it might be able to bring "friends over for bbq". but for the buissness stuff it will just be a negative. id on the otherhand want to see a place where food trucks from buissnesses can have portable grills etc and accualy make the food on location.

Food stashing will always remain an issue for as long as people need to eat, that's just going to be unavoidable. I think that the RP value of having the ability to cook remotely with friends has too much potential to ignore. Rather than nix the idea, or limit it to just the food industry, maybe to address this concern right from the get-go: Food you can cook at home can only be purchased from restaurants and businesses.

For example, a burger kit from Burgershot, hot dog kit from Chihuahua, chicken wings from Homebrew, cupcake mix from Cool Beans, etc. Then for the times that restaurants are closed, something simple from the grocery store in Sandy. Raw food also doesn't keep, so you can enforce the same spoiling mechanic to help counteract hoarding.

I just don't see why RP needs to take a backseat to a business' profits.

Edited by Yama
  • Like 3

Cooking at home will open more possibilities to houses and the RP they can actually hold, rather than being a place that we barely use.

It agregates value to the real estate business (since ideally you would only be able to cook in a owned house and not at Downbad or the Public Housing at Sandy Shores), whilst also adding a bit more value to the civilian owned 24/7's, where we would ideally buy food from. That means that a good investment would need to be made prior to someone being able to cook.

Maybe restaurants can actually start selling frozen meals and still benefit from the whole thing. 

Not only that, it'll open avenues for civilians to start selling food that they made themselves. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Razec said:

Cooking at home will open more possibilities to houses and the RP they can actually hold, rather than being a place that we barely use.

It agregates value to the real estate business (since ideally you would only be able to cook in a owned house and not at Downbad or the Public Housing at Sandy Shores), whilst also adding a bit more value to the civilian owned 24/7's, where we would ideally buy food from. That means that a good investment would need to be made prior to someone being able to cook.

Maybe restaurants can actually start selling frozen meals and still benefit from the whole thing. 

Not only that, it'll open avenues for civilians to start selling food that they made themselves. 

I love the Idea of pre-prepared/frozen meals that degrade after a week and HAVE to be purchased from restaurants and will promote RP instead of take away. Perhaps the restaurants limit the meals? or server side the prepared frozen meals get limited per restaurant per day? idk how difficult that would be to code. but I like the idea of it all

• Like 1

And on top of that let's get working fridges that could perhaps prolong the time of how quickly food spoiled. Again it will cause food hoarding but as Jay said that will always be an issue.

Another thing you could do was add the cooking equipment to b a one time but expensive purchase that way not everyone could just do it. But once you do you can make your own meals. It would not only add a lot of RP potential but also create new mechanics to work with.

17 hours ago, Yama said:

Food stashing will always remain an issue for as long as people need to eat, that's just going to be unavoidable. I think that the RP value of having the ability to cook remotely with friends has too much potential to ignore. Rather than nix the idea, or limit it to just the food industry, maybe to address this concern right from the get-go: Food you can cook at home can only be purchased from restaurants and businesses.

For example, a burger kit from Burgershot, hot dog kit from Chihuahua, chicken wings from Homebrew, cupcake mix from Cool Beans, etc. Then for the times that restaurants are closed, something simple from the grocery store in Sandy. Raw food also doesn't keep, so you can enforce the same spoiling mechanic to help counteract hoarding.

I just don't see why RP needs to take a backseat to a business' profits.

As one of the owners of Homebrew, I +1 this. 

A fix for those who are worried that food businesses would go out of business too could be that the food doesn't feed you that much. Not getting too much into details because of meta, but atm Ye is stuck in Cayo and obviously he's stuck to eating Mahi Mahi and drinking coconut water. He's loved this side of not worrying if a restaurant is open or whatever, he can just go catch his own food, cook it, eat it, and move on. Maybe a little mini game too when cooking the food so there's the risk of burning it?