Do away with public mechanic shops

When it comes to cops repairing for free I can see that but Ems can do it also and I have seen people say they are gov vehicles and they wouldn’t let just anyone work on them it should be the same for Taxi most taxi companies do a lot of their own maintenance on vehicles but coming from a loud long mechanic with over 20 years I have works on all kinds of gov vehicles they do take them to local shops the gov shops can’t always do the work and it’s the same with Taxis they send them out to get fixed. If your a tow truck driver you can fix your truck for free. I don’t agree with taking away public mechanic shops because if people don’t like them they can choose to avoid them and also give it a month and the group will filter out and another one will be there. I started out at Elgin and was able to make a lot of connections there and had a blast doing it. There are a lot of options when it comes to mechanic shops and you do have the choice to go to wherever one you want when they are open but getting rid of it completely I feel will hurt the city in a way. I could keep going on this topic but I feel I have typed enough. 

6 minutes ago, shotbykilo said:

Lol this is ridiculous. Y'all try to "do away" with everything. Soon there won't be anything.

Wym? Like I've been apart of this community for close to a year and haven't seen very many things be taken away. I applaud the idea to get rid of the only public mechanic shop left aka Elgin. Everytime you go there it's a shit show. I'm not quite understanding your statement how there won't be anything? I'm not seeing it. Trust me there will always be something. The possibilities of things you can do in the city are endless, you just need to explore.

3 minutes ago, CrackyMcDoogal said:

Wym? Like I've been apart of this community for close to a year and haven't seen very many things be taken away. I applaud the idea to get rid of the only public mechanic shop left aka Elgin. Everytime you go there it's a shit show. I'm not quite understanding your statement how there won't be anything? I'm not seeing it. Trust me there will always be something. The possibilities of things you can do in the city are endless, you just need to explore.

I was saying that people are trying to get everything taken out it seems like lol. Not that it will be taken out.

On 9/8/2022 at 2:25 PM, shotbykilo said:

Lol this is ridiculous. Y'all try to "do away" with everything. Soon there won't be anything.

when people act up and dont rp thats when shit gets taken away elgin mech is nothing but a bunch of grinding groupies that dont rp that are just toxic shit lords and trust me i use to be a toxic shit lord until i learned the hard way grinding for money isnt rp 

On 9/7/2022 at 6:27 PM, Someguy said:

When it comes to cops repairing for free I can see that but Ems can do it also and I have seen people say they are gov vehicles and they wouldn’t let just anyone work on them it should be the same for Taxi most taxi companies do a lot of their own maintenance on vehicles but coming from a loud long mechanic with over 20 years I have works on all kinds of gov vehicles they do take them to local shops the gov shops can’t always do the work and it’s the same with Taxis they send them out to get fixed. If your a tow truck driver you can fix your truck for free. I don’t agree with taking away public mechanic shops because if people don’t like them they can choose to avoid them and also give it a month and the group will filter out and another one will be there. I started out at Elgin and was able to make a lot of connections there and had a blast doing it. There are a lot of options when it comes to mechanic shops and you do have the choice to go to wherever one you want when they are open but getting rid of it completely I feel will hurt the city in a way. I could keep going on this topic but I feel I have typed enough. 

so what you are saying is keep elgin open to keep rewarding people for no rp that just come up to a car and say need a repair?
there needs to be more effort into rp we are rewarding people that robo mech and just grind money trust me elgin isnt what it use to be when i worked at elgin it was never a free for all for everyone to start a shoot out over one person calling another a bitch we actually had converstaions with people theres shops in the city that deserve more love than elgin elgin is a shit show 

Shot, its not that people here want to "take things out," but they do want to see quality RP when they visit a place. My character Neil visits alot of mech shops cause quite frankly, with the lack of cases and jail calls in the city, its really the only thing to do for a lawyer. Neil never visits Elgin anymore cause quite frankly, the quality of RP there is just poor. Now I understand that alot of new players use it. Elgin can be an amazing place. Neil started there and learned a ton there. However, that was because characters like Connor O Shea, Phil Long, Lee Malone, Mickey and Vinny (Big Hawk Taxi), Shawn, and a long list of great RP'ers visited there and taught me how to adapt to badlands. It was a different era so to speak. Now if there were veteran RP'ers teaching the new players how things worked in Badlands , that would be fine. Id say keep the place open. However the times Ive visited with Neil, I can barely get 6 words out of the mechanic except, "Need a repair? I got it."  With all the +1's here, Im guessing alot of players are feeling the same way. Its rare in the badlands community that so many people agree on 1 topic. I think everyone wants to see more businesses and places to visit, so the fact that so many people have commented and want to shut down Elgin, speaks volumes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I get the quality rp and I have been in badlands for a while now and started out there before Mosleys was the first dealership and over the years I have seen it go back and forth everyone wants the quality rp but not everyone knows how to do that when I worked there I played off the customer. Elgin will always be a revolving door of people but I still like working as a mechanic from time to time because that’s what I do for a real job and Elgin gives me a spot I can do that. Matter of fact worked there when Mickey and Vinny and some others I have seen named on here was there and most of them were affiliated with Big Hawk Taxi as I am. Plus the city can be daunting for new people trying to find their way and places like Elgin can be the guidance and a way for them to meet people and get the swing of things. There is not a whole lot of jobs that new people can just walk into that gives anymore rp or less and with the way the city is structured now you can’t hardly drive around with out some gang or gangs just coming up and pulling guns on you for being on their block so being at Elgin can help build relationships. I don’t like how Elgin is right now so I just don’t go unless no other shop is open and everyone has that choice but if they are the only ones open I will go there so I don’t pay more to fix a vehicle by going somewhere not open. Plus I do know staff has shut groups out of working because it was just turning into a hangout spot why not have that happen again but I don’t see where shutting it down will help anything because if you do that you would have to shut down mirror park which is the only other open to the public if no one is working there. 

On 9/14/2022 at 2:53 PM, Someguy said:

I get the quality rp and I have been in badlands for a while now and started out there before Mosleys was the first dealership and over the years I have seen it go back and forth everyone wants the quality rp but not everyone knows how to do that when I worked there I played off the customer. Elgin will always be a revolving door of people but I still like working as a mechanic from time to time because that’s what I do for a real job and Elgin gives me a spot I can do that. Matter of fact worked there when Mickey and Vinny and some others I have seen named on here was there and most of them were affiliated with Big Hawk Taxi as I am. Plus the city can be daunting for new people trying to find their way and places like Elgin can be the guidance and a way for them to meet people and get the swing of things. There is not a whole lot of jobs that new people can just walk into that gives anymore rp or less and with the way the city is structured now you can’t hardly drive around with out some gang or gangs just coming up and pulling guns on you for being on their block so being at Elgin can help build relationships. I don’t like how Elgin is right now so I just don’t go unless no other shop is open and everyone has that choice but if they are the only ones open I will go there so I don’t pay more to fix a vehicle by going somewhere not open. Plus I do know staff has shut groups out of working because it was just turning into a hangout spot why not have that happen again but I don’t see where shutting it down will help anything because if you do that you would have to shut down mirror park which is the only other open to the public if no one is working there. 

That’s the point to stop open mechanic shops like Elgin and mirror park

2 hours ago, Koarpse said:

Yeah man you definitely did it. Killed the most unique thing in any city I've been part of in the last 5 years. All for personal benefit. 

How did he do it for his personal benefit? I'm quite confused by that. It was a consensus taken by the majority to shut down Elgin. It was a breeding ground for poor RP. It needed to go. Wouldn't say Elgin was unique by any stretch of the imagination. If you still wanna be a mechanic then apply for a shop and expand your mechanic rp.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Koarpse said:

Yeah man you definitely did it. Killed the most unique thing in any city I've been part of in the last 5 years. All for personal benefit. 

"Killed the most unique thing in any city I've been part of in the last 5 years. All for personal benefit."  i sure did i must have the power of admins in the city because im LSPD #LSPDonTopbaby we out here taking elgin down like i got other important shit to do 

5 hours ago, Mike Lowrey said:

"Killed the most unique thing in any city I've been part of in the last 5 years. All for personal benefit."  i sure did i must have the power of admins in the city because im LSPD #LSPDonTopbaby we out here taking elgin down like i got other important shit to do 

BCSO ON TOP

• Like 2