How should some unique hostile/gunplay events be handled

ArtemKing

I noticed something while doing my training today for the BCSO. A couple of things actually, but I want to start of by saying it was a tense and fun first hostile interaction as a police officer.

To set the scene, some Vagos had an Officer surrounded with class 3's openly carried and one thing led to another where the was an exchange and then a pursuit and eventually a gunfight. In this gunfight I noticed two weird interactions that I want to know the communities opinion on how it should be handled.

1. One of the "Criminals" firing upon us would feign being downed by using an emote to make the lay down. They would then wait for LEO to stop firing on them and then get up and fire back. Personally this makes me a little upset because as an LEO it doesn't seem right to mag dump someone on the ground in case they want to rp being heavily injured without being "downed". Turning your back on individual who does this is almost certain death if they get up, but its technically within realistic standards to happen. For further context the suspect was on a rooftop and couldn't be handcuffed.

Is this something I just have to get better at analyzing? I feel like waiting till the "downed" animation happens is meta gaming that I don't like to utilize.

2. One of the LEO responding walked up with his hands up and was able to have a civil conversation with the "Criminals" to safely evacuate the downed LEO's and get everyone out. It was honestly a pretty good ending to the conflict because it seemed to smooth over the panic of what was happening. Once I hobbled off there lead to a moment where I passed the "Criminals" because I just happened to be picked up in a hot area. I just went on to use the injured emote and hobble off without noticing them trying to get back to the FTO who was training me.

What should I have done to elevate this RP or since the scenario was over would I just stay on the ground where I was picked up and request help?

Is this something I just have to get better at analyzing? I feel like waiting till the "downed" animation happens is meta gaming that I don't like to utilize.

For me, this is a hard call because it's a borderline.

Playing dead/injured is a tactic that someone can use in a real life sort of situation and isn't unrealistic. The particular instance you are talking about, for me, feels a bit powergamey, as they clearly had the advantage of the rooftop, whereas if they are on the ground and visible to the opposing side and gives that opportunity for reaction seems more of a fair shot.

I am not an LEO, so I'm not sure if there are SOPs regarding this so whatever those state would 100% be the way to go about it, and, naturally, if you feel this was a rule break, report it so that the staff can look into it.

What should I have done to elevate this RP or since the scenario was over would I just stay on the ground where I was picked up and request help?

Depends on the scenario. If the other LEOs picked you up from the scene, and/or EMS cleared you to get up, things should be fine as you played it off.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ArtemKing said:

1. One of the "Criminals" firing upon us would feign being downed by using an emote to make the lay down.

For this section i would strongly think of what emote should be used for what.. ANY passout emote, i belive should be used as INJURY emotes. Thereby /e prone i would see as a decent fit for someone "taking cover" in a gun fight, as human nature is to get low and break LOS, also as Emma sais Dependant on the use of the emote it could be Powergaming. tho in retaliation... ANYONE that is ready and willing to do the injured RP shouldent be afraid to have to be downed, if they are inteded to be injured before they go down, there are Verbal ways to communicate this (i am awear some class 3 fights can be quiet long distance)  perhaps even better emotes to use. /e crawl, raise hands. in the longer part of things, beeing Downed contra not downed dosent change their abillity to do injured RP, this one could argue it could prevent the RP of someone trying to rescue someone that police have cuffed

5 hours ago, ArtemKing said:

2. One of the LEO responding walked up with his hands up and was able to have a civil conversation with the "Criminals" to safely evacuate the downed LEO's and get everyone out. It was honestly a pretty good ending to the conflict because it seemed to smooth over the panic of what was happening. Once I hobbled off there lead to a moment where I passed the "Criminals" because I just happened to be picked up in a hot area. I just went on to use the injured emote and hobble off without noticing them trying to get back to the FTO who was training me

when it comes to this. i feel like this is a "Read the Room" type deal, i see no issue with you hobbeling past the crims, this opens of for more RP small interaction with comments beeing said etc eventualy this could lead to longer lasting story between your character and said group if these small interactions keep accuring. As you state the sceen seemed calmer and with that judgement i feel like that is Fair. is it propper prosedure for LEO to do so? i wouldent know, does it seem to improve chanse of RP? i would say yes, one could easly go on radio and walk away a diffrent way and ask for pickup sure. but the way you did it imo seems to be a Rp driven desition and therefor, a good assesment of the sceen, Practicaly putting the ball back in the crims yard, giving them a new set of options to prolong the RP, do they let you keep hobbeling? do they tripp you over making you look a fool? it could turn out a bigger thing, smooth out even more,or trigger something for your characters to keep in mind for the next interactions, if you were tripped, thats puts the ball back in your playground. and this way it could keep on going for alonger time.

Would also like to add that i am also not an LEO or Crim, but felt i could bring an opinion (im totaly open to be told what people think of my statement aswell as i might be totaly wrong in my assesment)

Edited by Tobegande
  • Like 1