Tablet Feedback & Suggestions

Rizz

• Rizz changed the title to Tablet Feedback & Suggestions
  • Knox pinned this topic
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/15/2022 at 4:33 PM, Atryus said:

could it be possible for the rights and laws section of it work without a phone for when we cant have a lawyer so people can figure out the definitions of what they are charged with? dirty road pirates always steal my phone and tablet does not work

Sadly this is probably a no, from a development perspective that starts getting pretty nitty about offline/online/arrested actions. 

On 11/12/2022 at 10:44 PM, darncomputer said:

I know this is an old post the biggest thing I wish was in the tablet was the location of the car in the car garage app.

This is on the list! The problem is our garage names are not in Plain English, so we need to map them in the tablet like we do in-game. 

On 12/2/2022 at 8:14 AM, Zethnos said:

Would it be possible to add maybe a job center app or something so that you can clock in and out of jobs from the tablet anywhere instead of having to drive to the location every time?

We like to push people towards going places, rather then simply switching a job in a house and starting it. RP chances!

• Like 1

Thought of something that might be helpful:
An app for restaurant/business owners(possibly everyone) on their tablets that allow them to charge people similar to a register that can apply taxes. This mainly would be helpful for food delivery or any business that is delivery based. It could also be helpful if everyone had access to it as well for exchange of goods for cash so that taxes could be applied.

Could faction leadership get the ability to remove persons from incidents? Accidentally adding someone as a Suspect to a Medical Report is really easy to do. It's also so minor that I just ignore the error, since I feel like I'm a burden to an admin by asking for it to be fixed. Except when it comes to restricting access to a report, then it becomes important that leadership has access and can add/remove people from those sensitive reports.

(I know I asked in Discord, but I'm adding it here too since it's been a while)

Edited by Yama

• 4 weeks later...

I tried looking for other people that posted something about this before I made this post, but I couldn't find anything.. is there anyway we could possibly get a way to be able to backspace when you're typing on twitter...typing out a simple message and mispelling one word trying to backspace and it closes the tweet is so infuriating lol.

Love the tablets functionality, however could it be restricted to an item like phones? Could help promote a new business in the city with different products or extend pawn shops functionality from Digital Den robberies.  (Even remove phones from 24/7 stores)

On 12/5/2022 at 5:04 PM, darncomputer said:

Thought of something that might be helpful:
An app for restaurant/business owners(possibly everyone) on their tablets that allow them to charge people similar to a register that can apply taxes. This mainly would be helpful for food delivery or any business that is delivery based. It could also be helpful if everyone had access to it as well for exchange of goods for cash so that taxes could be applied.

A POS system would be awesome, I agree. I want to do it, but there's so much other stuff.  Maybe one day. 

On 12/8/2022 at 5:17 PM, Yama said:

Could faction leadership get the ability to remove persons from incidents? Accidentally adding someone as a Suspect to a Medical Report is really easy to do. It's also so minor that I just ignore the error, since I feel like I'm a burden to an admin by asking for it to be fixed. Except when it comes to restricting access to a report, then it becomes important that leadership has access and can add/remove people from those sensitive reports.

(I know I asked in Discord, but I'm adding it here too since it's been a while)

Hmm, faction leadership should be able to. DM me about this as a note. 

On 1/3/2023 at 4:01 PM, John Longson said:

I tried looking for other people that posted something about this before I made this post, but I couldn't find anything.. is there anyway we could possibly get a way to be able to backspace when you're typing on twitter...typing out a simple message and mispelling one word trying to backspace and it closes the tweet is so infuriating lol.

This problem will be solved with a new phone that is being released. 

10 hours ago, CyrusW said:

Love the tablets functionality, however could it be restricted to an item like phones? Could help promote a new business in the city with different products or extend pawn shops functionality from Digital Den robberies.  (Even remove phones from 24/7 stores)

A thought that has crossed my mind, we don't want to add a crazy amount of must have items, but a fun thought. I'll bring this up in a meeting. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Loving the phone. Wasn't the biggest fan when it first released but I appreciate the feedback you've taken to improve it so much already in such a short space of time. I'm excited as it's already very good and can only get better. +1 for doing it from scratch as we'll be able to adjust the phone and with however the server adapts and adjusts in the future!

• Like 1

Over past 5 years of the old phone. This new phone to many its a love/hate relationship, but for myself and those who been here long appreciate the new phone and how its operates with parts linking to tablet to increase productivity. I know I spoke to you (Rizz) about other things. The biggest thing I appreciate is multi-tasking from maintain calls during getting cars, going through doors, realtor side of things, and various tasks. All helps productivity and flow of work. Using the phone has been nice but as I explained to you with badeats being a separate UI and still able to /badeats it does confuse me on why its an app on the phone as the time between is only milliseconds, but I can see for being new to city its straight forward. I'd say in that sense to remove the "/badeats" and either use the phone as the pop-up for badeats or merge the UI together to create a flow. With it being merged we could see the processing of our order/delivery. From being accepted, prepping order, ready for pickup or out for delivery. Giving it a ubereats/doordash style ordering system. Plus also allow those in meetings whom are ordering food to see when deliveries arrive so no confusing. Otherwise, from what I've read above the roadmap you have laid out seems to be working out well with your plans. 

Overall, I am highly loving the phone and tablet you brought into our hands for everyday use. But js I want more than 5 minutes on a call... give us 10? I get limited bandwidth but 5G aint that deadly. #NoSignalInCertainAreas #SurvivalInstincts 

Edited by Iann Hall

14 minutes ago, Iann Hall said:

Over past 5 years of the old phone. This new phone to many its a love/hate relationship, but for myself and those who been here long appreciate the new phone and how its operates with parts linking to tablet to increase productivity. I know I spoke to you (Rizz) about other things. The biggest thing I appreciate is multi-tasking from maintain calls during getting cars, going through doors, realtor side of things, and various tasks. All helps productivity and flow of work. Using the phone has been nice but as I explained to you with badeats being a separate UI and still able to /badeats it does confuse me on why its an app on the phone as the time between is only milliseconds, but I can see for being new to city its straight forward. I'd say in that sense to remove the "/badeats" and either use the phone as the pop-up for badeats or merge the UI together to create a flow. With it being merged we could see the processing of our order/delivery. From being accepted, prepping order, ready for pickup or out for delivery. Giving it a ubereats/doordash style ordering system. Plus also allow those in meetings whom are ordering food to see when deliveries arrive so no confusing. Otherwise, from what I've read above the roadmap you have laid out seems to be working out well with your plans. 

Overall, I am highly loving the phone and tablet you brought into our hands for everyday use. But js I want more than 5 minutes on a call... give us 10? I get limited bandwidth but 5G aint that deadly. #NoSignalInCertainAreas #SurvivalInstincts 

Hah there is a programmatic reason behind that. But maybe you can get an upgraded plan for more minutes #nottFree. Thanks for the feedback. Badeats is a tough one because it's working right? And it's a lot. Maybe someday though. 

• Like 1

My only feedback is include a "Top reacted to" leaderboard to lifeinvader, top tweets was great for catching highlights of what gets buried or missed.

And also moving the end call button to the top of the interface because of how incoming calls only show top half of the phone.

Love the new phone! Thank you for all the hard work! 😍

As a lawyer in the DOJ, being able to have a basic record lookup, that will get us the information we need to know for paperwork, like number of felony arrests, last arrest, age and more, would be really nice, without all the details obviously. I kind of have to go on the hunt now, to find an officer to lookup the information, and most the time they might be busy with something, so id rather not tie them up looking up records. Just a thought.

I have a suggestion for the yellow pages app.

What if, instead of having each post be saved, bumped, and edited constantly, they all delete at reset & when the posting user logs off?
This will make it so that each ad is fresh and if you see an ad, you know it was just recently posted and the person posting it is more than likely available for contact. This could also be integrated with Crews/Life Invader so that you can post them as a crew and add your GPS & Contact details with the checkbox as well.

This change would cut down on the amount of spam on life invader, give people a reliable place to look for ads being posted instead of waiting on "sky ads", and there won't be the frustration of "Is this person online, do they check their missed calls and messages, etc." and eliminate some of the feeling that you can't ever get ahold of anyone. I would absolutely pay $1,000 or more to post an ad like this.

Another suggestion to go along with that, would be allowing crew profiles or possibly just bad biz profiles to display when a business is open/closed. This would also help prevent people from asking "Is X business open?" all the time in ads and on life invader.

If this change is made, could we also see it brought to the phone like the bad eats app?

----------------

One unrelated suggestion for the GPS app on the phone. Can we please have the ability to mark and save locations on the GPS? Something like where we can click on it to add a pin icon or something and can name the location and it will save it until we delete it? It would also be cool if we can share those locations with our contacts, but I can see how that part would be asking too much.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Please let us label and organize Doodly Docs, It's sooo good, but feels a tad forgotten about sometimes.
Instead of showing "Citizen Contract" under name, show the actual contract name, or put it next to it, instead of putting the same "type" over and over again, make that the experation date. and then finally allow us to categorize the tablet. As I am signing multiple contracts a day. Cash loans, Car loans, Truck rentals, and more.

11 hours ago, Ariel Azure said:

Please let us label and organize Doodly Docs, It's sooo good, but feels a tad forgotten about sometimes.
Instead of showing "Citizen Contract" under name, show the actual contract name, or put it next to it, instead of putting the same "type" over and over again, make that the experation date. and then finally allow us to categorize the tablet. As I am signing multiple contracts a day. Cash loans, Car loans, Truck rentals, and more.

This entire system needs a rewrite, sadly it's fairly messy and limited. I'll throw it on the "maybe one day" list. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I think it would be SICK to have an iFrame based web-browser in the tablet.
https://github.com/arnevdaele/FiveM-Laptop-UI

This resource acts as proof of concept, this would be cool as it would allow players to develop their own stuff and integrate it into their RP. 

Use cases: 
Access google docs and edit them from within the tablet. 
Players could make their own web apps and use them in game (ie. encrypted chat, order system or even all the Discord based request systems [Real estate, DOJ]) 

+ as a bonus, the work within the web browser wouldn't be yours to deal with.. it would be on the players to ensure it works via https://iframetester.com/

I know a lot of MDTs operate like this, where the whole application is hosted externally and accessed within game via a tablet based iFrame.

Edited by Yeti