Storages

GK47_

Without going into specifics as I'm sure some people don't have an issue with storage, I feel like there's a bunch of us out there that do. 

What things can be available so people don't have to hoard things in vans and offroad vehicles? A simple answer will be "Don't be a grinder" but that's an ignorant statement so yeah. As someone who roleplays a dude in a group, we find it tough to have a shared storage with our group where we can leave essentials like equipment for certain things, armor, guns? etc. Relying on someone who's HOLDING stuff personally for that group is a big risk, because if things are needed, and that person isn't awake, well that's not ideal.

Once again, without getting into specific because of meta, my group struggles to keep everything that is needed in the storages we have available to us that's shared. 

Let me know what people think, it could just be a personally problem, or a problem for a small side of the server, but I do think either shared self storages or just more storages available to individuals/groups in their respective hideouts or being able to purchase legal warehouses that are sold by realtors and can be tracked by police could be options. More storages = more RP for SWAT/GTF etc.

Thank you!

• Like 5

Personaly dont know much about the storage for groups etc as ive never been in an "established" group. so without having numbers on storage etc it get rough to comment but ill leave my initial thinking.

-Having the abillity to store more/plenty full of suplies for gangs might make RP between gangs/people and supliers less regular making it a loss for the side of RP.

-Part of me also feel like when it comes to diffrent members having diffrent suplies and having to cordinate who has what, makes for more of a "TEAM" feeling, rather then "Hey i restocked the storage with "X" amount of "Y", this ofc might still come in agreeing who gets what but it could fast get to the point a person is known to get just the same thing every week etc making it a one time conversation, then its somewhat automated.

-would say im all for seeing more RP come to the "speciality" groups of Law Enforcement. but this would probably only come with a "group" storage unit at selfstorage,tho if they could have "co-owners" on a selfstorage unit, that would have to make it inavailable to be "main-owner" on another unit on the same sets of units.

-if groups currently have 0 shared storage i do belive they should have Some. not ALOT but some, in regards to having Group "items" that they hold presious, Throphies from previous wars etc.

-Maybe there is a possibility for a "WAR" storage? wich there will be a function for gangs that Are accualy at WAR to be able to use extra storage for this duration? this ofc to be monitored so its not missused? as this is a time where things are sorely needed? im thinking suplies for robbing stuff is a diffrent story.

Again wanna end of with the fact that i have no "Gang" experience and therefor my input might be far fetched. but maybe something is good brainfood for people more involced in the Topic?

i 100% agree, even with my group being new, it seems like storage to have everything we need for our things and for the gang without people holding them is almost impossible, either not enough storage room, or opitions, or things weigh to much.

having warehouses or even shared storage units would be great, or a warehouse within your hideout would be good too.

+1

+1. I actually see an option here for something Devs may enjoy. We all know when you buy a house there are multiple tiers, and these tiers come with better storage. One major issue in the community is Economy, we have a lot of money income and not much to get rid of  said money. SO, what if there is an option where a gang/business could pay IG cash, to get more, or upgrade their gang/business storage. like even at the rate of 100k for 100 more storage.

On 9/26/2022 at 7:02 PM, Tobegande said:

Personaly dont know much about the storage for groups etc as ive never been in an "established" group. so without having numbers on storage etc it get rough to comment but ill leave my initial thinking.

-Having the abillity to store more/plenty full of suplies for gangs might make RP between gangs/people and supliers less regular making it a loss for the side of RP.

-Part of me also feel like when it comes to diffrent members having diffrent suplies and having to cordinate who has what, makes for more of a "TEAM" feeling, rather then "Hey i restocked the storage with "X" amount of "Y", this ofc might still come in agreeing who gets what but it could fast get to the point a person is known to get just the same thing every week etc making it a one time conversation, then its somewhat automated.

-would say im all for seeing more RP come to the "speciality" groups of Law Enforcement. but this would probably only come with a "group" storage unit at selfstorage,tho if they could have "co-owners" on a selfstorage unit, that would have to make it inavailable to be "main-owner" on another unit on the same sets of units.

-if groups currently have 0 shared storage i do belive they should have Some. not ALOT but some, in regards to having Group "items" that they hold presious, Throphies from previous wars etc.

-Maybe there is a possibility for a "WAR" storage? wich there will be a function for gangs that Are accualy at WAR to be able to use extra storage for this duration? this ofc to be monitored so its not missused? as this is a time where things are sorely needed? im thinking suplies for robbing stuff is a diffrent story.

Again wanna end of with the fact that i have no "Gang" experience and therefor my input might be far fetched. but maybe something is good brainfood for people more involced in the Topic?

I agree with most of your points but the things I mentioned don’t bring less RP. People can already hoard stuff with/without shared storages. 

The main point is, groups should have storages accordingly. There’s some groups that need to have a lot of storage and they do. 

On 9/26/2022 at 5:35 AM, GK47_ said:

Without going into specifics as I'm sure some people don't have an issue with storage, I feel like there's a bunch of us out there that do. 

What things can be available so people don't have to hoard things in vans and offroad vehicles? A simple answer will be "Don't be a grinder" but that's an ignorant statement so yeah. As someone who roleplays a dude in a group, we find it tough to have a shared storage with our group where we can leave essentials like equipment for certain things, armor, guns? etc. Relying on someone who's HOLDING stuff personally for that group is a big risk, because if things are needed, and that person isn't awake, well that's not ideal.

Once again, without getting into specific because of meta, my group struggles to keep everything that is needed in the storages we have available to us that's shared. 

Let me know what people think, it could just be a personally problem, or a problem for a small side of the server, but I do think either shared self storages or just more storages available to individuals/groups in their respective hideouts or being able to purchase legal warehouses that are sold by realtors and can be tracked by police could be options. More storages = more RP for SWAT/GTF etc.

Thank you!

I understand the struggle from a business perspective. There are plenty of different opportunities for businesses on the server and I am sure that storage is a HUGE reason ppl struggle with those things. I do not know how trojan has it, but I would assume they have a decent amount of storage given that armor weighs a lot. From a gang perspective, I think having an illegal storage unit accessible by the "gangs who know" will provide the type of SWAT/GTF RP you are mentioning. Someone also mentioned needing a money sink. Perfect opportunity for it. For instance, like the illegal locations drugs, guns, things like that, this too will be hidden. Once found the Gang Leader will be able to purchase a unit for a large sum monthly, or even weekly if a money sink is warranted. With this being restricted to a gang leader specifically, they would then have access to a computer that allows them to give specific gang members access to the unit. This will help with the heirarchy of who knows what in an org, and it is controlled by the high end leaders. Why? Now lets get to the GTF/SWAT/Detective side. This will allow the LEO's a chance to do proper investigations, stake outs, follow suspects, and interrogations. Perhaps even get a CI inside an org to find this warehouse location. I am thinking a ranking structure in orgs, a recruit wont know what a full member knows, but the full member may not know what a senior ranking officer in the gang does, BUT, the recruit knows they have to get a specific resource, deliver it to a certain member, that member knows who they report to and so on. 

I am going off military ranking structures, things from movies and such. I DO NOT know how gangs are run on the server as I am not in one. Once the LEO's get what they need to raid this specific storage area aka the Illegal warehouse, perhaps a "local" inside will have the full list of the storage units used inside. Allowing GTF/SWAT to know which containers/storage units to hit? or perhaps it is guesswork to what units are being used... OR, given they need search warrants, the paperwork put forward will be the access they need. MEANING, Rascals, BD, AOD, Lost, OTF, Vagos, Ballas, FDF, MCF, Exiled, Cartel, and Rugrats are all using the storage. However, through detective work, the LEO's find that MCF is using the storage but they cannot find out who else uses the warehouse. When they raid, since they only have a warrant for MCF, they would only be able to clean out the storage for MCF. 

That being said, All the other groups using the warehouse would have a certain time frame, 24 hours, 72? 1 week? What ever is fair, to clean out before it disappears and they lose everything! Meaning, they will need to search again for the illegal warehouse. The reason? If LEO's use the detectives to search for leaks, and find moles to stake out the place and find who is all using it, the larger the sting. With all of this comes that some groups are not large enough to defend and will need help. Should the raid succeed and different gangs assist in defending, perhaps that would lead to probable cause for an additional warrant? Adding more risk. another Idea with this is during the time period of ppl needing to clear out storage, Detectives could do groundwork to watch and see who is coming in and out to clear their affects giving a chance for raids on hideouts etc. 

I say this to state that keeping this location an EXTREMELY closely guarded secret would be pivotal. I understand that there will always be that random person who stumbles onto something and they become a liability. That would give the gangs the chance to say pay them off, or find a non aggressive way to help them keep their mouth shut. 

Another suggestion with this, are the same ideas above, but instead of a large warehouse location that all gangs go to, have say 3-5 locations where only 1 gang can control, allowing for wars to be had over these locations allowing for a gang to shut the place down, raid it themselves and the place moves. Example: Condemned goes to war with Sinister Sons because Sinisters found where the Condemned have a warehouse, IF sinisters WIN, they raid the storage, and then that storage is no longer useable. In order to access the storage, during the duration of the war, the items each gang possesses can be used. I know some have chains, flags, patches etc... These can be used to give a specific amount of access in order to clear the place out. and 24 hours after the first access, the warehouse is removed. Just a random Idea.

so, that is an extremely risky operation for just 500KG of weight. I am thikning something equal to the storage capacity of ALL vans, mules, and the 3? Off roads that do 100KG. Perhaps its a weekly pay of 50K to 500K? Or like it is with the reg storage, there are different levels of storage and each has a higher price. Now this could be weekly, monthly? Daily? idk. Yes, there will be risk, yes there will be shitters, yes it will be a money sink, However, I feel that properly balancing the sink may be worth it, and in the end will allow for some decent RP all around for MANY people!

Parting thoughts, I know I do not currently run a crim fully here, but I have had one. I know that this would require a lot of dev work, so I do not know how difficult it would be. I just feel the work into it would facilitate more RP, possibly coordination with gangs and the Hunting Gangsters will have a place to store all their meat and hides (I am joking).  so for me, Ye, I agree with the direction you are thinking on this. Also, if anyone reads this far, thank you for reading this fully. I look forward to seeing everyone elses thoughts because I believe he has a great Idea here!

23 hours ago, Koarpse said:

Every person has access to 3 storage locations that all hold 500, a office, and two mules. Instead of having one person hold everything for your group did you consider having everyone become self sufficient and stock their own supplies or weapons? 

Feel like this comment comes from a highly ignorant stand point. At no point in my thread did I state we want to place EVERYTHING in shared storages. We all have our own storages with our own supplies 😹 all I’m saying is when it comes to having a gang storage, where if someone eventually runs low on their stock, they can go grab something they might need. 

There should be more efficient ways of doing things than hoarding stuff in vans, AS WELL as all the storages you mentioned. 🤷🏻‍♂️

You don't have to attack me by calling me ignorant because I did not agree with your feedback. You also just somewhat contradict your self because you just said your people have their own storages with their own supplies, but still need to take supplies from a shared storage? To paraphrase so you might understand my other post better. There are a lot of storage options at a persons disposal to where they should be able to keep their own supplies without having to depend on a group storage. As a side note maybe my city knowledge is limited but I can't think of a reason you would need so much space to begin with where everything is just stuffed full. 

Edited by Koarpse
  • Sad 1

I don't play a crim here (yet), but I have on other servers, and having to pull out vehicles for "club/gang" stuff can be a right pain in the rear end. Especially if you have members holding important things that don't wake up when you need them. Having a central place to pull things from is helpful, so I can see the benefit. Mostly because I'm usually the one in the odd timezone. So if my group needs something that I have,say, in my vehicle, they are out that when they need it. Whereas if there's a group storage spot, I can put anything they may potentially need there.

My own supply has nothing to do with that. Those are my weapons/supplies and have no bearing on any potential war that happens.

There's also the side of having the empty storage to move things around, not necessarily to stock full.

If I'm completely off base with this, feel free to ignore my comment. I just woke up and read through this and I can see both sides of this. But I think the initial idea isn't a bad one, may just need some finessing to fit the server dynamics.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Emma Valentino said:

I don't play a crim here (yet), but I have on other servers, and having to pull out vehicles for "club/gang" stuff can be a right pain in the rear end. Especially if you have members holding important things that don't wake up when you need them. Having a central place to pull things from is helpful, so I can see the benefit. Mostly because I'm usually the one in the odd timezone. So if my group needs something that I have,say, in my vehicle, they are out that when they need it. Whereas if there's a group storage spot, I can put anything they may potentially need there.

My own supply has nothing to do with that. Those are my weapons/supplies and have no bearing on any potential war that happens.

There's also the side of having the empty storage to move things around, not necessarily to stock full.

If I'm completely off base with this, feel free to ignore my comment. I just woke up and read through this and I can see both sides of this. But I think the initial idea isn't a bad one, may just need some finessing to fit the server dynamics.

You’re spot on. Like I said, I’m not going to get into specifics due to meta but yeh, you hit it on the head

On 9/26/2022 at 4:35 AM, GK47_ said:

Thank you!

+1 Would love to see share storages, rather then waiting on people to fly in you can just share one and split the cost !  Hope to see this !

This recent change with storages in homes has been amazing, I can't stress that enough, still feel like something which people can share could be great. I haven't thought too deep on negatives with shared storages but yeah, if anyone has any feel free to put them down!

• Like 1