Locks on Houses/Apartments

CrackyMcDoogal

So I wanted to throw this out there to see what the community thought. I feel like there should be a way to lock your house/apartment from the inside when you are in it. I have had countless of times where I would go in my house to go "in my head" and someone would randomly walk in. There was also a time when someone who was running from the cops decided to run inside my house. Which yes led for some interesting RP lol, but if I'm in my head I feel as if there should be some way to lock your house from the inside. Also I know if you fly out inside your house it does not lock your house automatically but when you fly back in you fly in outside of it and the door is still unlocked, I feel like once you fly out it should automatically lock as well. Just a thought I had, wanted to see everyone's take on it.

32 minutes ago, Noble said:

+1. Also if you are going to bed and you prefer logging out in your house it makes no sense for that house to be unlocked. 

Guess another thing is to wake up in your house would also be a nice.

I agree one hundred percent, it would be nice to wake up in your locked house. My character has an apartment in Harmony and has got more populated with neighbors. I can't tell you how many times I've flown in and I have someone waiting for me saying, "hey man", and I haven't even fully flown in yet. 

+1 For this but I believe some mechanics with housing hinder this from being possible...

Devs reading this feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe when you "enter" your house or apt, you are actually being TP'd to an invisible interior that sits above that location. That's why if you log out in your house people have issues with being dropped from the sky when they log back in. 

As much as I hope this is possible I believe this potential mechanic is restricted by how the housing works on a technical level. It's been brought up before the idea of locking your house from the inside and hasn't happened.

• Thanks 1