Adding all cars to Second Chance Auto

HwRusty

Instead of waiting around for PDM / LSC / Boathouse workers, I genuinely think all cars should be accessible at the second chance autos.

I understand that all car dealerships allows you to get a discount, but I’m trying to buy a 50K car and I just can’t get it. 

plus it allows everyone, anytime to get access to a car. I don’t see any negatives with adding this in. 

The only negative I see from this, is it takes the RP aspect out of getting a car. This is an RP and we promote RP, so by moving all cars to be able to accessed to Second Chance it kills all RP. If a dealer you need to go to isn't open, get someone's number that works from that dealership or put something out on Twitter. There's plenty of ways to go about it. So for those reasons I'm -1 to this idea. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, CrackyMcDoogal said:

The only negative I see from this, is it takes the RP aspect out of getting a car. This is an RP and we promote RP, so by moving all cars to be able to accessed to Second Chance it kills all RP. If a dealer you need to go to isn't open, get someone's number that works from that dealership or put something out on Twitter. There's plenty of ways to go about it. So for those reasons I'm -1 to this idea. 

i mean, there's a lack of RP there iff you ask me. You go to PDM "what car would you like - enjoy the car" i personally think no one really does much car RP. Like I've never been upsold a car before. 

27 minutes ago, HwRusty said:

i mean, there's a lack of RP there iff you ask me. You go to PDM "what car would you like - enjoy the car" i personally think no one really does much car RP. Like I've never been upsold a car before. 

That may be the case at PDM, but I tell you what I went to buy a car at the boat house and I'll shout him out, @Darrel Bobby is phenomenal at selling cars and the RP he puts out is great. It's all based upon who you get to sell you a car and what dealership you go to. Each dealership has certain cars that only that dealership has. By putting all the cars at second chance, there's no niche dealership aspect. Personally I like the way its setup now, second chance was really designed in my opinion for starter vehicles, if you wanted a nicer vehicle that's when you would go to a dealership and RP.

• Like 2

So a problem with putting all cars into Second Chance Auto. 

As someone noted, it would crush dealership RP. There are very few reasons or incentives for a legal citizen who doesn't want to be a cop, ems, or doj to stay legal. Dealerships are a A Class business and one of the few incentives for those players to keep their character legal. Dealerships are already a stuggle with RP but thats due to alot of changes that have happened over the course of the last year. That is a whole other topic of conversation. One of the things I've noticed is there are certain people playing as a dealer that love certain types of cars. Not everyone loves supercar A,B,C, or Sports Car X, Y , and Z. There are alot of great cars out there that go under everyones radar. Now I wont point out specific people, but go talk to a dealership and talk to the different sales people to find out their interests and you might find a gem of a car along the way.

• Like 3