Crim Characters

Slothyyy

Personally, I feel there needs to be some sort of regulation on the amount of crim characters one can have. I feel having more than 1 crim character instantly opens the door for someone to meta game it from character to character.  A new character (crim) should have no knowledge when they fly in, but I feel recently there has been instances where we can easily see this knowledge seeking through from people that have new crim characters as well as previous crim characters. It may be hard to stop this but overall limiting someone to only 1 crim/gang character would lead to a path of success for the city of Badlands. Just my thought on this, thanks.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I don't agree with limiting at all, as example I have multiple criminal characters my self, but keep good track of which character knows what information and tend to not do the crim stuff another crim of mine does.
If you believe someone is meta gaming you can report them on the forums and staff can look into it.

• Thanks 3

While I understand what you are getting at, I do not agree with this. I am one for trying to limit myself as much as possible. I have crims, hardly play them due to my main as a civ, but you can have a focus RP and stick with that. Most people from what I have seen, focus on the money and how to get rich quick. Not someone who wants to focus on dealing drugs with some petty theft, or someone who focuses on Petty theft then upgrades to bank robberies. There are many different options to run your RP and your Character(s). Having the ability to make multiple characters allows someone to change it up a bit and NOT be a self-sufficient machine. That being said, Doing things with a different focus, can help you from using knowledge between characters. My civ main does a lot, but that is just a fraction of what I could do. 

• Like 1

Personally I dont think that we should need to regulate something like that. i think we should j keep everyone in check. I think that rly shouldn't be a concern and if it is, then they get dealt with just like everyone else that breaks a rule. At the end of the day if they r doin good RP and keep their characters seperate, we shouldn't stress over it and focus more on the people that take advantage of the system.

• Like 2

On 12/2/2022 at 2:33 PM, Koarpse said:

You should not need more than one crim imo. 

some of the best RPers in the server have multiple crims. Take Alpha for an example, he has a BD, Rascals, Lux character. It makes things fun imo, you RP with people you don’t RP with at all and maybe didn’t even know existed. It stops you from getting burnt out / bored on one character! 

• Like 5

21 hours ago, HwRusty said:

some of the best RPers in the server have multiple crims. Take Alpha for an example, he has a BD, Rascals, Lux character. It makes things fun imo, you RP with people you don’t RP with at all and maybe didn’t even know existed. It stops you from getting burnt out / bored on one character! 

+1

• Like 1

-1 for a few reasons. one is that same meta is a problem when a crim makes a cop, a cop is not meant to know things but suddenly they have a cop who as the player knows where many illegal things are, and even if you dont use the info it puts you in an odd situation where as your driving by you look that way out of curiosity, it also makes it difficult if your the officer who finds it because everyone will claim you metaing it with crim info, so imo thats more problematic than a established crim making a new crim and knowing locations. not saying that should change but just my stance on it.

second, prison times be wack man, sometimes on one crim when your looking at that 200+ prison time you just wanna say fuck it and go to another character. on top of that most gangs are not as buddy buddy as people think, many barely interact with other gangs. with that it does not mean i dont think they are good people or fun to rp with, just some stories have developed that have driven groups apart. some people make a new character to be around other people. Believe it or not, shit gets repetitive as a crim, its like an MMO, Devs work hard to implement new things but most people the moment it comes out grind the fuck out of it since its the new fun thing, then it goes back to ok what do we want to do now? you can only sell so many drugs before you want to do something else, or hit so many banks, or chop so many cars, or anything else. Sometimes making a new character gives you a different light on things and allows you to experience things you did not know or do before.

• Like 2

On 12/4/2022 at 6:40 AM, HwRusty said:

I think choices matter, and consequences for those choices matter also good or bad. You also don't have to be a member of a different gang or group to rp with them. I feel like I hear the term "realistically" a lot when people try to make comparisons to actions people do in game vs. real life. In real life you don't get do overs for most if not all choices. The exception in my opinion are wacky one-off characters that some how perma death in a few days.