Adding the ThompsonSubmachine Gun

camowen09

As you may have noticed, the mafia presence within the city has grown quite significantly recently with multiple mafias now existing in the city. However, outside of pistols, there aren't weapons that are the kind you would see used by mafia style organisations. My suggestion is to make the Thompson SMG (gusenberg sweeper in gta) available somehow to use. It would not need to be added since it is already available in the base game.

In terms of balance within the city, the sweeper has very similar stats to the AK which is already in the city. It uses .45 acp ammunition which already exists within the city.

If you look up images of mafias and mafia depictions they almost always have a Thompson. It is signature to their style as much as the suits and fedora hats.

This would add variety to the weapons used in city as most gunfights are pistol mk2s or AKs. With another competitor to the AK’s status there will be more interesting gunfights with more variety.

26048-16645510075832.pngsWCJwEQCEbQZbUtu2CHNQE-1200-80.png.webp

• Like 5

Why? So these wanna be mafias can get it that don’t actually rp as a mafia? I think guns are perfectly fine in the city we have a perfect amount so there’s not a lot every joe smoe having a automatic weapon if they add guns they need to make where you gotta do a certain job to get it and make it rare as shit not make it where it’s controlled if that makes since 

3 hours ago, Mike Lowrey said:

Why? So these wanna be mafias can get it that don’t actually rp as a mafia? I think guns are perfectly fine in the city we have a perfect amount so there’s not a lot every joe smoe having a automatic weapon if they add guns they need to make where you gotta do a certain job to get it and make it rare as shit not make it where it’s controlled if that makes since 

I agree that we have a lot but how often do you see anything but a pistol or AK being used?

27 minutes ago, Mike Lowrey said:

Just bc it’s the meta doesn’t mean you have to use it there’s plenty of guns you can use that aren’t those weapons 

You mention the mafias don't RP as mafias but I argue it is difficult to do so within the city. Mafias run gambling businesses, bribe officials, extort money from businesses, tax fraud and stock manipulation.

We don't own any gambling businesses, officials will never take bribes as they will lose their job and will just respond with more jail time or by making a mockery of it, we cannot extort money from businesses when gangs run them. They claim to be disassociated until something threatens the business then suddenly the gang is involved. There is no way to commit tax fraud, there are no stocks.

As for the meta argument, yes I can use other guns but others wont and the reason they're meta is a balance issue. Good games create balance by changing stats or introducing a competitor. I am proposing for the latter.

You say the devs would need to add a new way to get the weapon in city which is work but I can argue that isn't necessary since the scripts for the method that other weapons are obtained can be edited to add it to the pool of loot. There is never harm in introducing more variety and I ask you why another weapon is a problem, what harm it causes.

• Like 1

It’s not a meta issue you don’t always have to use what other people are using  and there is something in city that allows you get things in city without having to buy them from people you earn them im not gonna go into too much more detail because I’m not gonna meta everyone is so keen on using the best guns ic there are a lot other guns to use ic besides aks 

Edited by Mike Lowrey

11 hours ago, Mike Lowrey said:

Also what I mean as acting like a mafia is dressing like one every “mafia” that has been ic for a year always dress very “gangsta” and doesn’t dress the part or act the part of a mafia they just use a Italian name in there gang name and don’t fit the part but what do I know

I feel that and we are pushing to change that ad the standard. It was an issue we had to overcome.

3 hours ago, camowen09 said:

I feel that and we are pushing to change that ad the standard. It was an issue we had to overcome.

I mean a lot of these “mafias” I still in street clothes and call there leader “01” if you are a mafia you are supposed dress the part and rp a mafia culture yeah you may not be able to do the illegal stuff a mafia would do it’s not about t what you can and cannot do it’s about how you rp drive old ass mafia cars like a mafia would do have slick back hair yeah if you do a bank or do something illegal and wanna get away have a fast car able to do so but when you are just going to get food or something ic drive a old time gangster car like a Roosevelt 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mike Lowrey said:

I mean a lot of these “mafias” I still in street clothes and call there leader “01” if you are a mafia you are supposed dress the part and rp a mafia culture yeah you may not be able to do the illegal stuff a mafia would do it’s not about t what you can and cannot do it’s about how you rp drive old ass mafia cars like a mafia would do have slick back hair yeah if you do a bank or do something illegal and wanna get away have a fast car able to do so but when you are just going to get food or something ic drive a old time gangster car like a Roosevelt 

So I agree with wearing the clothing but a modern day mafia wouldn't drive the old school cars for example my family mainly drives Italian brand cars. Being a leader of one of these "Mafias" (It doesn't exist LOL LOL in RP I say this) A lot of Families do dress like gang bangers & it is annoying should be in suits 99% of the time UNLESS you are doing a robbery should be blacked out like a mafia keep that front of being legal. It is like Example Aztecas or Vagos they keep a certain culture & so should a mafia if you wanna be that way. I don't think you should HAVE to be the old time style but keep that style of suits slick backed hair & professionalism. The culture is a big thing just need to stick to the roots you create & needs to make sense. A lot of current families don't stick to those roots I can agree with that.

• Thanks 1

Going on to the Thompson it is a Submachine gun. I would love to see it as a leader of a family. But we 1. already have too many guns in city crews especially mafias should try bringing in something different every gang/crew tries to own a gun & doesn't provide RP for their whole crew just number 1 & number 2. 2. If we DO get a new gun IMO it should be a AR as the only we have RN is the AK but again that should suffice for everyone. 3. Guns are not what make you mafia like I said in my last post the culture is what makes you a mafia. just play your role correctly & it will be recognized.

• Thanks 1

Modern day mafias do not use Tommy Guns, but this would still give weight to the idea of a "Mafia". As far as balancing I'm not a dev so idk.

I'm not too sure what all this talk in here about "mafias" dressing like gangbangers, none of my guys dress this way and we enforce this code, you may see us in bullet proof vest but that's it really.

In most modern mafia settings suits are used mostly by "Made men" its not seen this is not 1930, suits are still around but only in formal settings, modern mafias still wear business casual clothing most times(i.e Sopranos). 

image.png(Pavano Crime family in GTA4)

5aa1827765c6e6224b8b45e4?width=700(Sopranos casual)

I'm speaking for my family mostly, but to defend a crew like Gambinos who dress in street attire, the have an RP reason behind it.

So I'm not sure where these sentiments of "mafia" culture not existing comes from, but best believe we out here and we doing it the best way we can do it in a MODERN way.

All in all the TommyGun SHOULD be something rare that can be accessed, and would give more weight to the idea of mafias even existing. 

• Like 2