Escaping Cuffs.

HwRusty

I feel like there needs to be whole rework on escaping cuffs. When you have to hit Q in the square, sometimes it just scuffs out and it doesn’t register. 

Maybe we could change it so it’s like the lock-picking animation? So when you are about to be put in cuffs the wheel comes up and you have to press a randomly generated number / Letter. I feel like there’s skill to that, and make it so you can only break cuffs 3 times in like 15mins before you can’t do it anymore? 

• Like 2

Personally feel like the bug that makes it not register should be figured out. More skill is put into hitting Q then there is to lock picking TBH almost anyone can do the lock picking even when the letters & numbers change on you. Unless if you didn't hit it in the first 2 go around it cancels would be a good alternative but I do agree to a extent it needs to be fixed.

6 minutes ago, Higuys said:

Personally feel like the bug that makes it not register should be figured out. More skill is put into hitting Q then there is to lock picking TBH almost anyone can do the lock picking even when the letters & numbers change on you. Unless if you didn't hit it in the first 2 go around it cancels would be a good alternative but I do agree to a extent it needs to be fixed.

Yeah i just think the whole system needs to be changed, it feels super outdated to me. But i understand Admins, Mods, Contributors, all do this for free.

150% agree. I think that you should still be able to resist while you're being tazed as well. Someone being tazed is extremely difficult to get under control from my experience at work.

It is still a game though and there needs to be a way for cops to actually end a situation for good, so maybe there is a middle ground somewhere.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Vega said:

150% agree. I think that you should still be able to resist while you're being tazed as well. Someone being tazed is extremely difficult to get under control from my experience at work.

It is still a game though and there needs to be a way for cops to actually end a situation for good, so maybe there is a middle ground somewhere.

So with the being tazed. I believe more RP needs to come from that the type of tazers used by cops would in reality leave prongs in the skin so EMS IMO need to be given more RP to it. but that is a whole different forum post all together I don't personally have a cop but from a lawyer perspective I've seen too many people who would take advantage of breaking cuffs after being tazed & continue a chase that wouldn't need to be continued. with it being a public server unfortunately I don't believe breaking cuffs after being tazed is a viable option sadly.

2 hours ago, Higuys said:

So with the being tazed. I believe more RP needs to come from that the type of tazers used by cops would in reality leave prongs in the skin so EMS IMO need to be given more RP to it. but that is a whole different forum post all together I don't personally have a cop but from a lawyer perspective I've seen too many people who would take advantage of breaking cuffs after being tazed & continue a chase that wouldn't need to be continued. with it being a public server unfortunately I don't believe breaking cuffs after being tazed is a viable option sadly.

but that's when you play cop and you get to know the people that would take advantage of it. and Instead of tazing them, you baton them down. 

Plus i can be quick as well, you just need a fair chance to hit that sweet spot one / two times. Because as soon as you're in cuffs you can't do anything and it's all over.

There needs to be a possible chance to break out of cuffs while being tazed because there are cops that are insta tazing without saying anything still. There is no RP behind that if they are going to get out of their vehicle and blast a tazer at you.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, SONIC said:

There needs to be a possible chance to break out of cuffs while being tazed because there are cops that are insta tazing without saying anything still. There is no RP behind that if they are going to get out of their vehicle and blast a tazer at you.

Player report please. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rizz said:

The skill check is a percentage on the second line. The green area is a build up. The more green you have, the more room you have for hitting. I might change the coloring to better reflect this. 

Yeah maybe changing the colour would help, or make it so there is a background colour to the skill check? So it’s a green Box instead of lines?

16 hours ago, SONIC said:

Agreed! I’d rather have a smaller percentage of escaping when being tazed than none at all. 

But I also think people shouldn’t be able to keep escaping cuffs. Maybe, make it a 2/3 chance to break cuffs and then you can’t escape handcuffs anymore