Any musicians in BLRP?

trycomb

NO im not talking about IN GAME obviously.

But if you make any sort of music in real life. I feel this could be a place where you could share it with the community.

MUSIC THAT YOU HAVE MADE YOURSELF!

dont just come in here to post a music video or song of someone thats already famous. I have youtube for that.

ANY GENRES are welcome

lets make this a place to talk about our process ,or inspiration, or just the tools we use to produce the sounds that we do. 

I look forward to hearing from you all 

I will kick this off by posting some of my own. 

It may not be everyones taste in music, and that is okay.

GENRES: Dubstep/trap/other

Inspiration: The exorcist

Tools/instruments/software used: Fl studios, Native instruments: Massive ,Numerous drum samples  

Edited by bolosantos
  • Like 4

YO this topic is taking off 

10 hours ago, Don Goselink said:

Myself and taint have rap single on the way

Let me see some of this . i also rap as a side project. 

21 hours ago, Shush said:

I dont necessarily make music, but I do play the trombone.

that is indeed a instrument :) i cant play instruments to save my life unless its a guitar . in that case i can only play smoke on the water lol

7 hours ago, Fat Stacks said:

Me and @Gambino used to run a popular radio station.

a real life radio station? or in gta 5?

what kind of radio station was it ? like a podcast ? or an actual ,listen to in your car radio?

what music did you guys used to spin?

thats pretty cool man , me and a friend of mine wanted to do somthing like this but between everything else going on it was just simply too much work for us just diving in not knowing what we were doing. 

What city did you guys set up shop in ? was advertising any good?

this is very interesting to say the least

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm an aspiring sound technician studying music technology in college at the moment. One day I hope to be a free-lancing mixing engineer, recorder, sound tech etc., and maybe write my own music. My dream is to own my own recording studio with a studio and a live room. That would be awesome. I also play the piano and the bass guitar.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is what happens if I play Oblivion or Skyrim to much. 

I was given a Organ (music) as a child and learned silent night and a few other classics. In grade 7 I learned stand up bass and Viola, the next year I tackled Cello and Violin. I wouldn't say i was great at any of them but I hated the pedo teacher that felt up the girls and decided to make his life hell when i was around. (He was fired btw) I was no means a prodigy or anything even close to that but I think was the first to play those 4 in 2 years at the time. I wish I had spent more time learning to read music is all I have to say but being so young and being able to pick up and mimic sounds was far easier.

Going into high school I really wanted nothing to do with music classes, I wanted to learn METAL!!! I still signed up for grade 9 classical guitar for an easy credit and met a friend that had more credentials than the actual music teacher. The class was the semi circle thing facing the teacher and were sitting across from each other in the front row. He watched and giggled as i struggled through yankee doodle with a red face. When it was his turn he played what I call a Liona Boyd version and i was blown away.  Class ends we meet in the hall i say how awesome he played blah blah, we go our separate ways. Turns out we were both skipping our next class and we didn't tell each other and met face to face 20 mins later outside. I ask him where he is going and he says going to wake a friend up that has guitars and amps. I spend the next decade learning how to play Metallica, Slayer, Gwar, Sepultura etc. Good times!

Nowadays I prefer soundtrack kinda music. When I was 8 years old I saw Conan The Barbarian and that soundtrack changed my life, I still listen to it actually! I've since learned how to produce, make videos and to be honest i don't even need an instrument to make music. Cheers to all the inspired, I'm rarely one of them.

Edited by Nero
Liona Boyd not Lyana or whatever