Yes ladies we are all beautiful special little delicate flowers...

I may be speaking for myself here...

I appreciate the admins being so willing to protect us against harassment, I really do. Being female in a gaming community is difficult at times and can result in a lot of sexual harassment. It's absolutely amazing to have community leaders who are ready and willing to have our backs. 

That being said. I honestly feel like it gets abused. I feel like there are members of the community, and I've done it too, that take it too far and are ready to report anything someone says they dislike as harassment. If it's in character and not a consistent occurrence, Let me be clear, IT'S NOT FUCKING HARASSMENT. With some exception, but in general, being called a cunt, whore, slut, bitch, slag, twat or whatever its just simply an insult. Be a big girl you don't need the admins cuddling you for someone calling you that. 

The admins are busy as fuck. Stop overloading them with whiny bullshit. We are big girls and can survive it and handle it like a big girl... tell him he has a small dick XD

But honestly are we really so fragile that we need admins to protect us from mean words said in character? Especially when we personally engage in hostile RP?

Whatever, it might just be me but I'm really tired of nonsense cry baby reports. Stop reporting just cuz RP doesn't go your way. 

Again, let's be good to each other. Part of that is communicating effectively about the things that we didn't enjoy in roleplay experiences so that people have a chance to change a one-time behavior. Communication makes us a stronger more positive community. 

• Like 4

I totally agree with this, some women (Not nearly all.) say they want to be treated equally, but when they get that equal treatment, both the good, and the bad, they cry about it. People are assholes to one another online, and that's not going to change. I don't -want- that to change, it gives us that freedom. You have to take the good with the bad, and learn how to deal with the bad in your own way.

(If you're actually being harassed, that should be dealt with in a meaningful way. By harassed, I mean someone following you around, trying to get under your skin, constant threats or vulgarity toward you, things that are actually harassment. Not just an insult or two, or trash talk.)

• Like 1

My thoughts:

I wrote out a long thing but I'm going to shorten it to simply saying... let RP be RP. If you feel someone is breaching the line and calling YOU behind the character a slut, hoe, whatever, then let the admins decide and give them your piece. But be an adult and to you behind the screen: don't instantly take it personally. 

• Like 1

I agree, i feel like sometimes it's used way too much in terms of RP though. And people need to be a bit more careful with what they say, and how they go about saying it. People do get offended quite easily, but at the same time, there's a clear line between what's right and wrong. there's a time and place for everything and it's a huge grey area. (aside from racism/homophobic comments.)

I wish everyone would lighten up a bit more, and with that being said. that means the people saying such things as well, even if it fits the context of RP others can take it more seriously - so it needs to be made apparent that it's within RP, Which is a hard thing to do - so i think until ruling is revisited by higher ups, people should try their best to refrain from potentially getting themselves in trouble, even if it's within RP. People do get offended, as do their characters.

(And within the context of RP, Racism is not allowed, And other things shouldn't be either.) Unless specifically directed by a higher up. People in general need to have thicker skin so they can handle themselves better, but at the same time - people need to stop using language that can be taken too personally, so it'd be a good balance on both sides of the spectrum if everybody lightened up.

• Like 1

I agree. This is why communication OOC about Role-play limits with people is important. If you are going to be doing a long-term RP with someone or a story arch of some sort, this can come and handy. Knowing what do's and don'ts from both parties is important so there is no problems is the future. Being considerate of peoples feelings and emotions still applies in or out of RP. At the end of the day, it's meant to be fun in a good way. I think many of us are grown enough to understand what is being considerate and not and also not being a shit lord. Treat others how you want to be treated still applies both ways. 

Just have fun with your RP and don't get too easily offended. If you feel uncomfortable just reach out to them first before sending a report. Communication is still key! :) 

• Like 4

Honestly, there have been a few that like to run around and claim harassment at every inconvenience to them and get away with it time and time again... Whom in my honest opinion is nothing but toxic to our community as a whole... That sorta behavior when not justified ruins personal images and how others perceive the falsy accused within RP and OOC on badlands... So I ask that we all just try to be better and not be dicks towards each other... 

Edited by KotaJon91
  • Like 6

Let's just all hug.

But yea there is issues with RP scenarios being taken into ooc and leaving people offended. I also agree there is issues of RP scenarios being taken to far, to almost intentionally cause offense or hurt ooc. We just have to find a balance between one another, and respect the lines of what is perceived as acceptable between other groups and inviduals.

Just spread to love xxx

Hmmm...I'm just trying to think of anything I do thats crappy so I can accuse others of the same thing, then make a forum thread or 2 about it. This hypocritical virtue signalling needs to stop.

Force others to be the change you want to see in the world - Not Gandhi

• Like 2