Patch 2.6

Serpico

1 minute ago, Victor said:

I endorse idea of locking seatbelt as you enter into car but once exiting you dont need to unstrap yourself. I feel it would give more natural feel too gameplay wise.

This. It's more practical to remember to use your seat belt, rather than having to remember to "also" take it off upon exiting. plus, as i've stated, the delay is the real bothersome part that will interfere with how certain situations are handled. (The ones where every second counts.) And makes it more challenging for EVERYONE. Not just LSPD, But even to those who need to react quickly to violence / threats. Some may argue that an extra second or two isn't much, But imagine being EMS and watching somebody go to the light as soon as you make it to them because of that extra delay.

1 minute ago, Kassad31 said:

As someone who had to spend around a million finding a bike that I like and drives correctly, I honestly feel like I'm being screwed with on a personal level... I had a bobber that would turn or brake for anything, so I sold it and bought the gargoyle for 3 times the price, and now I got roughly the same handling as the aforementionned bobber. Why punish everyone when obviously this is due to a very small percentage of people? Not to mention that I bet both hands and knees that said people only use the Carbon RS because it's OP for the price it's sold at. This is a public server, there will ALWAYS be griefers because of it being unrestricted access. Nerfing everything that sticks out won't stop any of the griefing, but with time it sure will push away regulars that will eventually get tired of having things stripped from them just because of a few ppl that most likely won't stay for long anyway.

+ if I recall correctly, cops have cars that go well over 180 (while our cars simply don't unless you have a supercar), helicopters and bikes that go well over 160 (while our bikes go 140 max) as well, it should be more than enough to catch anyone on  any bike. This coupled to the fact that bikes can barely go 5mn full speed without running dry on gas (and spikes, cops have spikes too...).

TL;DR: suppressing more and more stuff won't solve anything, it will just push the good people away and we'll be left only with the griefers and shitlords.

Thank you for reading my 2 cents.

Kassad /Kurt Ziegler.

As i can honestly say - Cop cars do not do that speed as far as i know, i am merely an officer. I've driven UC's, i've driven chargers, and the CVPI. They don't do 180 (Unless you hit speedbumps going back into the city from the main highway.) And there is plenty of cars that can challenge cop cars in the 150k+ area. It's just personal preference after that. Some adjustments need to be made on certain cars. But for the most part, the majority of "popular" cars can give the cops a challenge.

As i can honestly say - Cop cars do not do that speed as far as i know, i am merely an officer

I'm 99.999% sure I've seen the charger close to 200MPH on more than one cop stream. not to mention it accelerates like an RL bullet, and turn and brake like they're almost weightless. Seriously, cop units are beasts in this town, I believe there's absolutely nothing even remotely close to those perfs in the civilian garage. as far as I know the ONLY way to escape a cop was out-turning him in the city, which is now rendered almost impossible due to turning/braking nerf on bikes.

1 minute ago, Kassad31 said:

I'm 99.999% sure I've seen the charger close to 200MPH on more than one cop stream. not to mention it accelerates like an RL bullet, and turn and brake like they're almost weightless. Seriously, cop units are beasts in this town, I believe there's absolutely nothing even remotely close to those perfs in the civilian garage. as far as I know the ONLY way to escape a cop was out-turning him in the city, which is now rendered almost impossible due to turning/braking nerf on bikes.

I can honestly prove it if needed. 

While I greatly appreciate the staffs attempts to make things a more level playing field.. I feel that these latest changes hurts the community as a whole a heck of a lot more then it helps it out.  LSPD has motor units for a reason.  Why nerf all the motorcycles if only 1 brand is the culprit and punish the community as a whole?  On the note of the seatbelts.. I already get to hit U, G, F and now K how many more steps are going to be added for me to get out of my car in the future?  Seems to be getting kind of silly to get out of a vehicle imo and with passengers just falling through the vehicles.. it's obviously flawed at this point.

4 hours ago, Gambino said:

police hav to win m8 what you on about?

I'm so tired over these statements... how about you become a cop and see how much we have to win.

Statements like this just add to a level of toxicity that in no way helps encourage a balance.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, TiLLeR said:

I'm so tired over these statements... how about you become a cop and see how much we have to win.

Used to be, not really my thing. Comparing the losses of PD to criminals is laughable, so much more is lost as criminal.

Edited by Gambino
  • Like 1

2 simple solutions. Remove the need to take seatbelt off to get out, and also make it so that certain bikes (carbon RS) has been nerfed..Done. Then fix the falling out of cars issue. That's all i ask, and im sure many here would agree. the other motorcycles arent an issue. If they paid 250k for a decent one to be able to outrun us, So be it - if we get them we can revoke their license... I mean honestly. It's not "that" big of a deal and i dont know how many people complained about it.. Maybe a simple 1/1 ratio for bikes to be useful would help. meaning 1 car can be out and someone can use their bike. it's a huge step in the right direction.

As a cop myself im just trying to keep things as fair as possible, I know theres a crisis with bike abusers. But we don't need to hurt EVERYONE for that. :/ I feel like it could be fixed in other ways and im more than willing to share my opinions obviously..I really do want to become part of the test team because i'm pretty good at determining what is broken and what isn't..

But that argument to the side for a minute... I'm all for just removing motorcycles.  I'm tired of seeing them used by criminals who want to avoid RP and those that feel that legion square is your personal motorcycle stunt show.  They were being abused and they were nerfed as a result.  I do not like to punish people who did not break rules, but they were not being used to promote RP the way they were so I have no problem with the nerf.

2 minutes ago, Nerus said:

There's so much room for improvement on both sides, legal and illegal. But it seems like most of the updates are infavor for the LSPD. We have to remember this is just a game. 

Have you read the release notes now that you are back?  All updates for LSPD - what?

2 minutes ago, TiLLeR said:

Show me data then... oh wait you have none.  You are stating an opinion with out fact.  As someone who plays a lot of cop and also has the perspective of the civilian/criminal side of the server - you are way off. 

How so, how do you lose more as a cop? Prison time, siezure of weapon/vehicle licenses,fines and restitution, all out of your own pocket doing jobs that dont pay amazingly. How do cops lose more than this?

The problem there is that bikes are genuinely just fun for some people. I'm a hobbyist and i enjoy riding sometimes just to find new locations i've not been to before, it's a pleasurable experience. I dont run from cops if i'm on a motorcycle, and i know most do - but..As i've said, a simple fix for that would be to allow there to be a 1/1 ratio of cars to bikes for LSPD, i feel like it'd be a huge step in the right direction of combatting the fools who abuse it, because we could keep up with them and eventually make them run out of fuel or crash.. I like the idea of motorcycles a lot, and i love this city a ton. I just feel like some parts about this update weren't very well thought through. Not to be rude or say that i know better. I'm just trying to imply that things could've been handled in a different way, that maybe would've helped and atleast given you guys a heads up on what to proceed with..

• Like 1

Just now, Gambino said:

How so, how do you lose more as a cop? Prison time, siezure of weapon/vehicle licenses,fines and restitution, all out of your own pocket doing jobs that dont pay amazingly. How do cops lose more than this?

Cops ocassionaly carry money on them to buy new vests, etc. When held hostage / when you are on your own, (No EMS) and you die...you could be losing as much as 20k. The only real problem here is vehicle seizures, and that comes with an obvious risk>reward scenario...It's really not like you're planning on not losing it.. if you can't do without it, then don't do it to begin with..or just be smart about it. Don't drive like a moron and have your licenses suspended. Restitution only really follows if you refuse/cant pay the ticket and it's a punishment even to those who are using "i'm broke" as an example to get out of the ticket.. Cops do lose money. Especially on death, but also on the fact that cops do ocassionaly hand out free things, like meds, repair kits, so on. Just to help others in need. We also sometimes have to take over when there are no EMS on, our job is NOT easy when dealing with a lot of things at once..

Just now, Gambino said:

I'm really not sure what you are getting at.  If you want to be a criminal then there are consequences... It's your choice. 

We have maximum fines and sentences that are way more lenient than any server I have played on before.   And if you RP your scenario most times tickets are much lower.  If you have an example where you provided great RP and were still given a full ticket then please take the time to report it and we'll address it.  My experience is that most fines I give out are under 5k and most of the major criminals who put an ounce of RP into their experience get a fine that is the equivalent of about an hours worth of work on the server.  Seems balanced to me.

We make approx 15k an hour on duty. Excluding pick ups, which is the EMS job. We make less money than others, and need to carry some money around on us at all times to repair vests, etc.. So there's always that chance we lose it if we die and there are no EMS around. 15K/HR isn't very much man. Especially when trucking can net you 4x the amount. It's just about responsibilities and being recognized in the city. Not to be rude to people or anything. We do the job because we want to. Because the city needs law enforcement otherwise it wouldn't even be interesting for those people doing illegal things. The adrenaline rush is why people do illegal things to begin with..

Bottom line, it can be a stressful job. There are many things you need to keep in mind as a cop. it's not simple. we have rules that we must follow unlike civs. Thats why we have a decent check. To top it off - It's not an easy one. I've been killed for being a cop before, i've had my booty cheeks branded by Liam, and yeah. honestly, it's just about the RP man. There shouldn't be any hard feelings at the end of it all as long as it was done properly.. Criminals will eventually be caught and punished. that's our job. just like medics jobs are to get you guys back up on your feet again. We're actually needed to be here. And for an example - cops don't always win. I've only been caught by cops twice. (Chased about a dozen times) And i was in a CAR. Not a bike, Not even a super car. it's just about knowing how to confuse them and taking advantages..Think of it as if it was real life, and be a decent driver. That's all that's needed.

Edited by Jeffrey Will

4 minutes ago, ImVexal said:

If you enrolled in the PD for cash sorry to disappoint but you are in the wrong line of work. 80% of the people who hold such places in the PD are here for the roleplay. That's it.

Exactly my point. It's a hell of an experience, sometimes frustrating as hell. But it pays off because it's really really fun.

Edit; I'm going to be going to sleep. I'm glad others see this the same way i do. Thanks for your comment Vexal.

Edited by Jeffrey Will

2 minutes ago, TiLLeR said:

I'm really not sure what you are getting at.  If you want to be a criminal then there are consequences... It's your choice.  

The reward for being a criminal is pathetic, so much so I dont even play as a criminal. Its out of balance, and here comes another advantage for the PD.

This is something that is just not acknowledged and its baffling. I know this server has a heavy focus on the PD, but wouldnt it be more enjoyable for cops if criminals had more significant organisation, more in depth scenarios etc... encouraging that sort of bhaviour seems much more effective for satisying both the PD and criminal rp experience. I hear cops all the time complain about the pursuits that start from illegal parking etc, the chaos at legion. Not really much depth. So why not encourage the criminals in the right direction to help both sides out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gambino said:

The reward for being a criminal is pathetic, so much so I dont even play as a criminal. Its out of balance, and here comes another advantage for the PD.

This is something that is just not acknowledged and its baffling. I know this server has a heavy focus on the PD, but wouldnt it be more enjoyable for cops if criminals had more significant organisation, more in depth scenarios etc... encouraging that sort of bhaviour seems much more effective for satisying both the PD and criminal rp experience. I hear cops all the time complain about the pursuits that start from illegal parking etc, the chaos at legion. Not really much depth. So why not encourage the criminals in the right direction to help both sides out.

Personally, i'd like to see a heist option on certain banks - Because that'd be a really interesting play out. Maybe if it required at least (3) cops around for it to happen, and paid a large amount of money -  it could be enticing, exciting and also really fun. (30-50k payout) It'd have a longer timer than gas stations, and also have a unique alert. That would be really damn interesting. ; Going to sleep now. Night ladies and gentlemen!