Patch 2.6

Serpico

Why would anyone want to be a criminal when you can just join PD. You get cool cars that handle better off-road than a trophy-truck, cool weapons that no criminal can ever have, if you win, you successfully trolled a person and took away their stuff, if you lose, nothing happens, you still get to catch them later. The benefit of being a criminal is literally zero, as a medic i earn way more than a criminal can make and i do it without the risk of losing it. So i too fail to see that so called balance when it comes to criminal vs. Police

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gambino said:

The reward for being a criminal is pathetic, so much so I dont even play as a criminal. Its out of balance, and here comes another advantage for the PD.

This is something that is just not acknowledged and its baffling. I know this server has a heavy focus on the PD, but wouldnt it be more enjoyable for cops if criminals had more significant organisation, more in depth scenarios etc... encouraging that sort of bhaviour seems much more effective for satisying both the PD and criminal rp experience. I hear cops all the time complain about the pursuits that start from illegal parking etc, the chaos at legion. Not really much depth. So why not encourage the criminals in the right direction to help both sides out.

The only thing stopping criminals from having more in depth scenarios is their own imagination.  They are too quick to pull a gun and shoot.  I can't code a feature for that.

• Like 2

Valid points Gambino.. but with the "Statue of limitations" on crimes.. why should everyone else have in depth backstories and characters?  On a daily basis I take statements from people of crimes knowing full well I'll not be able to investigate nor catch the criminal due to the above limitations.  Now.. agree'd the server is completely unbalanced as far as the risk vs. rewards.. Drugs don't pay enough, store robbery's don't pay anywhere near enough and to be fair.. the economy just basically sucks and promotes grinding to get tools that would be useful to RP.

1 minute ago, Grimmfang13 said:

why should everyone else have in depth backstories and characters?

Nobody should have to have this, but I think for the sake of quality RP, from my experice that both criminals and cops want, I think it should be encouraged.

4 minutes ago, TiLLeR said:

The only thing stopping criminals from having more in depth scenarios is their own imagination.

No. I have tried criminal rp many times. Own discord, ranks, training sessions on puruits with cops, driving cars that suck because they suit the character. The financial reward was non existant. The people involved also made no money, even though they were paid. Now its RP to a point, but you need money to facilitate the experiences.

The satisfaction of having good RP scenarios eventually depletes when you get financially ruined.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, TiLLeR said:

The only thing stopping criminals from having more in depth scenarios is their own imagination.  They are too quick to pull a gun and shoot.  I can't code a feature for that.

You won't see much in-depth criminal RP simply because it doesn't pay and if you're investing a lot of time, people want something to show for it(money).

Edited by Fat Stacks
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, TiLLeR said:

But that argument to the side for a minute... I'm all for just removing motorcycles.  I'm tired of seeing them used by criminals who want to avoid RP and those that feel that legion square is your personal motorcycle stunt show.  They were being abused and they were nerfed as a result.  I do not like to punish people who did not break rules, but they were not being used to promote RP the way they were so I have no problem with the nerf.

This was exactly my point. I will try to explain as good as i can:
Criminals who avoid RP: then just ignore them. They don't bring anything to the server, but you are taking "tools" away from them to avoid these meaningless RPless chases in which case if PD already knows this, then why even bother to chase?. These players will continue doing whatever they are doing or not doing  regardless.
Then, the people that have characters that use these vehicles as a support/complement to their personality are screwed. 

It's a public server, and it's light RP, this is the decision of the staff, and yet we are putting our time and effort on the people that don't RP, instead of just accepting this is how it is cause it's what the staff chose. 

I keep saying this, I think this is the BEST server there is out there for a player like me, I love the dedication of the staff, the on-going search for balance and improvement, overall we have a great community, so all I ask (very humbly and with a bit of guilt even lol) that you guys listen to your community, the core player base, the ones that ARE here to RP and keep up the good work for them, not for the ones that actually don't care about all these things mentioned above.

• Like 9

17 minutes ago, TiLLeR said:

I would follow this if it weren't for the fact that I've personally RP'd heavily in so many criminal scenarios that still result in getting max sentence. There is no reward or encouragement in doing that activity again when there is no leniency. And the risk isn't worth it when it comes to cost.

If you are saying that officers should be more than willing to work with someone on the fines/time in jail for good RP, then that discussion needs to happen again, imo. I have sent one great example of 1.5 hours worth of hilarious RP that still resulted in getting the maximum fines and time in prison. The PD I showed this video to after it was all said and done, agreed that they would have handled it differently.

Perhaps what you and some of the more senior staff in PD would do isn't being enforced enough in the lower ranks? Or maybe they can't make those calls without approval?

Anyway, my point was even though you, yourself, would maybe work with the criminals that are RPing things out well, it doesn't mean it is actually happening... Hence the "cops always have to win" mentality that civs have.

• Like 1

Personally, I RP a ton and I RP an MC club and you don't see me bitching about the nerf to bikes since I have seen first hand the cancer people have been doing with them lately and it's not a small group doing it... Fact is the core player base for the server are not actually RP folk the hardcore RP folk are outnumbered by the large waves of GTA:O folk just learning what RP is... Granted not always the case but sadly nerfs and stuff will have to cater to the numbers.

Also the fact you can't make money as a criminal... I haven't been to jail or fined in a long time I just got smarter about how I do my criminal stuff. I am able to have that criminal RP and still make a profit so I say to you maybe you're just doing it wrong if you can't keep it out of the Polices eyes.

But that being said if more people stopped focusing on the money and tried to focus on giving each other great RP experiences the server would be far better IMO

Edited by KotaJon91
  • Like 7

Post is going off topic for the intent of patch notes. Your feedback is captured. Reminder that ONLY BRAKING AND TURNING tuning was adjusted on motorcycles. Speed, accel, traction were not changed. It is a ongoing challenge to balance everything. 

Edited by Serpico
  • Like 4

Issue with passengers being ejected from vehicles for "no reason" is due to desync. This will be corrected.

Hotfix:
Passengers without a seat belt will only eject if the condition is true for the driver

Hotfix 2:
Eject on vehicle crash will only affect the driver. This is temporary until event sync is fixed.

Edited by Serpico
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1