Patch 3.0

speed

Hotfix (more of a mini-patch)

- Due to stress on the supplier, businesses will only be able to make one legal and one illegal purchase per hour
- OSHA is cracking down on safety regulations. Workers will no longer be able to drive vehicles around the winery while clocked in
- The winery will no longer allow you to store wine in... unknown... places on your body. You will only receive wine if it can fit in your backpack
- The state of the factory has deteriorated due to heavy usage
    - An old transformer will need to be repaired occasionally
    - Components in general will break slightly more frequently
- The balance fairy sprinkled some dust on all of the new items and they now magically weigh roughly the same as equivalent items (they were way too light before)
- The Peach merchant has rebranded his business to become the Fruit Merchant, and no longer buys his fruit in the sketchy parking lot across the street
- Less business savvy players can now sell grapes to the Fruit Merchant

- The price of wine has been decreased. Honestly there's nothing fun to say about this one, we just need to make sure it's not going to break the economy. This change is likely unnecessary, but is being done for safety. We'll continue monitoring and adjust the price as necessary. 
Wine is particularly stressful to balance due to the extremely high price compared to other items (due to the assumption you're splitting the profits with your coworkers). So bare with us while we find the sweet spot, and please give your feedback.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

First off: AMAZING UPDATE! I love it so far and it's so much more fun to have others involved in making money.

Some ideas/feedback from my POV so far on Wine-

Brewery location takes a long time to process the products, and people are getting hostile over wanting their group/business/employees to have some time. I've begun trying to work with other businesses by sharing the time together, but only can do this with so many groups before it's just a waiting simulator game to make a decent chunk of money that we could do faster by not joining forces.

My suggestions:

• Add another brewery location or put a cap of some kind on how many units of grapes and yeast can be held within the containers. (Someone suggested having a paid timer allotted like with gym membership, so that only xyz people can access the brewery when they buy time to be there. And only people within a business can access the brewery at that time [which means only business owners/employees can purchase time?])

• Decrease the timer on how quickly the wine is prepared.

• My favorite idea: Have the brewery not take the most time in the procedures/steps taken to create wine.

- This last suggestion is based off the knowledge that people are going to grind money no matter what job. If there was more flexibility in allowing groups to do this while not having to fight over time at brewery, there'd still be healthy competition to stake a claim at brewery, while not necessarily getting so hostile over a legal job. 

How to do this? Perhaps make it even harder to get pure wine, really requires coordination and proactive care with a number of people (maybe HAVE to have one person dedicated to each, rather than being able to have someone jumping between two - while including a decreased timer on production). Also, maybe if wine has been sitting too long as a finished product, it could go bad? = Product loss if unattended.

Or perhaps require multiple people to collect grapes in order to get enough that makes it worth our while to go to the brewery. This also allows a potential market in selling grapes to the public rather than saving it always ourselves.

Just some ideas and thoughts :) Again, love it and thank you for the hard work!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Serena said:

Brewery location takes a long time to process the products, and people are getting hostile over wanting their group/business/employees to have some time. I've begun trying to work with other businesses by sharing the time together, but only can do this with so many groups before it's just a waiting simulator game to make a decent chunk of money that we could do faster by not joining forces.

This is intended! The brewery was designed as a choking point that could potentially create conflicts between businesses, making a legal job a little less so if you so choose to go down that route.

It'll make more sense in the next iteration of businesses, but as I said in the main post, be careful which bridges you choose to burn ?

• speed locked this topic