Character Slots - What do you want out of it? [POLL]

Serpico

Character slots  

137 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

While working on character slots @speed and chat brought up a good point about character slots that I did not consider.

Do you want character slot to simply change names/id/inventory/customization or do we want character slots to be unique characters with their own bank, vehicles, apartment, business, etc?

Note: Option 1 is mostly done, Option 2 will take much longer

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Reckonity said:

Can I ask a question... Since this is happening, can we get it so people can't be both PD/EMS and a criminal in the same character? @speed @TiLLeR @Serpico (Sorry for the @'s I just want your guy's opinions on this)

define criminal. like drug related stuff? speeding is a crime too 

• Like 1

I been looking forward this for a long time. And I'm happy with any of the options as long as we finally can swap character and will fully change our looks, ID, phone number and plate.  I just been playing Tomas as all in one but makes no sense a character that does so many different things, and would to split him .... into tiny pieces :P

In my opinion we should go with option one and see if that is not enough before having to delay it just to get number two. Owning many cars or business doesn't mean all your chars should use them, so I see no downside to having them with the same perks, none forces you to use them. After all, money earned in a way is OOC. No way Tomas would make in his puny life as many millions of dollars as I made so far. So, don't mind having a wealthy account even if I play a homeless man, as long as it can't be used against my character. @Merr Khan made a point about it but I don't remember in which post.

TLDR: Give us different chars, one way or the other, but we want them! ❤️

11 minutes ago, Reckonity said:

Honestly, I don't know why this is a debate, are you really gonna RP that you stole your other characters car? It comes to the point where it would be quite stupid to keep assets from your other characters.

Not necessarily. I own vehicles that I only use when in the city as someone other than Jerome and when I'm on Jerome I have never and will never pull those vehicles out. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, r3v0Lt55 said:

Not necessarily. I own vehicles that I only use when in the city as someone other than Jerome and when I'm on Jerome I have never and will never pull those vehicles out. 

True, but I feel like it's a thing where when you make a new character you're starting from the bottom like you did when you first joined the server. I find the fact of starting again from the beginning intriguing and exciting.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Reckonity said:

I feel like it's a thing where when you make a new character you're starting from the bottom like you did when you first joined the server. I find the fact of starting again from the beginning intriguing and exciting.

I think the same way. New char, new life, new everything.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Johan said:

I think the same way. New char, new life, new everything.

So..... what for? People can simply transfer money over and get what they want. Just that if they want two characters with the same highend car they will have to buy 2 of them. So more money grinding. When if you are here for RP, you should only use the money you need for your character to fit within the role you want to play with it.
The only difference from one mode to the other is that they share access to business which you can ignore if you want and garage.  Having to go that way is more to stop those that will abuse the two chars than give freedom to start fresh.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Reckonity said:

Honestly, I don't know why this is a debate, are you really gonna RP that you stole your other characters car? It comes to the point where it would be quite stupid to keep assets from your other characters.

"RP that you stole your other character's car" ? Probably will work like maried couples; whatever the identity is, the plate follows the identity. So if you take out your car with character #1, its gonna be plate #1. If you take it out with character #2, its gonna be plate #2. 

13 minutes ago, Reckonity said:

Can I ask a question... Since this is happening, can we get it so people can't be both PD/EMS and a criminal in the same character? @speed @TiLLeR @Serpico (Sorry for the @'s I just want your guy's opinions on this)

Please no. What about characters that aren't criminals but do some illegals things sometimes because on drugs, drunk, or whatever the reason? Fired because can't be criminal and work for the government? What about people that don't want to have multiple characters?

-----------------------

I think people forget that you would have to start again, from scratch, zero, nada. Assets don't matter. If you don't want your new character to have a supercar but you own one, or you want your character to be poor and greedy, not spending $120 on a kebab? Then just act like it and don't take your supercar out. Its simple. What if you really like one of your car, that would also fit your other characters, forced to buy it again? Lot of money grinding here and some people - yeah, true - have a real life. Might have taken months to get a car with their schedule, but now have to buy it again? We are used to pretend and RP it out, why would we need assets that would complicate for those that aren't interested in having a whole new inventory/money/car but forced to do it? Just pretend, everyone's gotta be happy. ?

Edited by Alexia Kade

4 minutes ago, Alexia Kade said:

Please no. What about characters that aren't criminals but do some illegals things sometimes because on drugs, drunk, or whatever the reason? Fired because can't be criminal and work for the government? What about people that don't want to have multiple characters?

To this day, this doesn't make sense to me. I personally used to change my name and appearance (character) when RPd cop vs. when I did something illegal. It just seems silly to me. Why would anybody be a criminal and be in the law enforcement at the same time? Maybe it is just me, but that's my opinion.

• Like 1

My view is you either stick to gov job's or become a criminal or a citizen , my reason behind this is we all know that there's a click, where officers will group together and do a crime time off duty with close contact's within the government. So when they get caught hey it's no big deal(still same punishment) & we can all hold hands job done.A criminal who has no tie's or no close relationship's with gov & is not part of a dept is a criminal with this only character and keep's his/her distance away from knowledge or inside information on how they operate. Myself I'm a criminal always will be or when not doing naughty stuff will be a citizen and abide by the laws set down by badlands. 

On another note I can't do other character's that's how it is for me (wish I could be a female?) Anyhow whatever is changed will not effect me...

MAGS   

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Johan said:

To this day, this doesn't make sense to me. I personally used to change my name and appearance (character) when RPd cop vs. when I did something illegal. It just seems silly to me. Why would anybody be a criminal and be in the law enforcement at the same time? Maybe it is just me, but that's my opinion.

I know we want this to be as close as real life, but don't forget, its a light RP server. Not real life, its a game. No need to force something when you can just pretend it.

Edited by Alexia Kade

2 minutes ago, Alexia Kade said:

I know we want this to be as close as real life, but don't forget, its a light RP server. Not real life, its a game. No need to force something when you can just pretend it.

you could just pretend to have a different ID on you too ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Thanks 1

With the character slots coming out I want to suggest that you cannot be a criminal and cop/ems on the same character anymore.

I think it should be separate lives now.

EDIT; Totally ignored everyone else and didn't see it being debated already :]

Also to note; Shouldn't be allowed to transfer money using friends between characters.

Edited by errorlink
  • Like 7