[Suggestion] - Mule Adjustment

Saja Kain

G5emJxe.jpg

I've recently purchased this beauty. I was quite disappointed, however, in it's performance capabilities while empty, let alone full of product. In this picture, my truck is empty, it's going up hill, and it's dramatically losing speed. 24 MPH on an incline. Getting to this point, I averaged 52 MPH, sometimes reaching 55 on a level road. At the time of the photograph, I also had the turbokit installed. It didn't seem to be helping any.

It's been my experience here that we like to make references and comparisons to real life. My personal experience is the fact that I drove a 26' U-haul truck across the state of TN (including highways, interstates, and backroads with hills) that was filled to capacity with my family's 4 bedroom, 2 bath house. In my move, I was able to easily hit and maintain 80MPH on the interstates and navigate the hills and windy backroads (and it didn't even have a turbo kit installed!)

Could we take a look at the handling config for this and perhaps make it a bit more realistic instead of what it is currently?

9 hours ago, Saja Kain said:

I drove a 26' U-haul truck across the state of TN (including highways, interstates, and backroads with hills) that was filled to capacity with my family's 4 bedroom, 2 bath house. In my move, I was able to easily hit and maintain 80MPH on the interstates

Let me start by saying that you're an absolute idiot, and I hope I never have to drive on the same road as you. If what you're saying is true, you're lucky you didn't kill yourself or someone else.

Back on topic.

Getting to this point, I averaged 52 MPH, sometimes reaching 55 on a level road.

I had no problem reaching 70+ in most places on a lap around the map

115431554482b47.png

In this picture, my truck is empty, it's going up hill, and it's dramatically losing speed. 24 MPH on an incline.

Not just any incline, one of the steepest paved inclines in the game. You're also driving in a state with 7 of the 10 steepest roads in the country. So yeah, that's going to happen.

I see no need to change anything.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, speed said:

Let me start by saying that you're an absolute idiot, and I hope I never have to drive on the same road as you.

It's called keeping up with the flow of traffic / not impeding the flow of traffic. I normally get passed while traveling 80MPH (in the right hand lane, mind you) regardless of what vehicle I'm in. And excuse me? I don't care who you think you are in this community, you have no right to blatantly insult another member simply because they're offering a suggestion that you obviously do not agree with in an attempt to make your server just slightly better. You are better off just explaining why said suggestion is not good and leaving it at that. I would expect such immature acts from everyday folks but you are an administrator here and should hold yourself to just slightly higher standards.

1 hour ago, speed said:

I had no problem reaching 70+ in most places on a lap around the map

In a situation that you were able to gather speed, maintain it, and have moments of going downhill to reach said speeds. Understood.

1 hour ago, speed said:

Not just any incline, one of the steepest paved inclines in the game.

As noted I was also losing speed when I took that hill. I don't care how realistic you want to make it, there should be no point that I reach below 20MPH, on a paved road, in a truck with a turbokit installed to it. If anything, the acceleration granted from the kit should have kept that vehicle climbing those hills at a minimum of 30MPH.

-----------

The first time I offered a suggestion there was some understanding from the point of view given. I accepted it as such. The second time I offered a suggestion, not only is it refused with questionable reasoning but I am also directly insulted by an administrator of the community. While I do, very much, enjoy my time here and have friends in the community, I question if it's a community worth investing my time, experience, and knowledge in to help grow and become a stable part of.

Edited by Saja Kain
Spelling

3 minutes ago, Saja Kain said:

And excuse me? I don't care who you think you are in this community, you have no right to blatantly insult another member simply because they're offering a suggestion that you obviously do not agree with

I'm not insulting another member of the community for their suggestion. I'm insulting a real world driver for driving like an idiot and putting other real people at risk. The first paragraph has nothing to do with your suggestion.

4 minutes ago, Saja Kain said:

In a situation that you were able to gather speed, maintain it, and have moments of going downhill to reach said speeds. Understood.

Not downhill, but yes, on a highway where one does typically gather and maintain their speed. I don't think doing 70mph up Vinewood hills would be reasonable?

6 minutes ago, Saja Kain said:

As noted I was also losing speed when I took that hill. I don't care how realistic you want to make it, there should be no point that I reach below 20MPH, on a paved road, in a truck with a turbokit installed to it. If anything, the acceleration granted from the kit should have kept that vehicle climbing those hills at a minimum of 30MPH.

At a 30% incline in a truck that size, you'd probably be lucky to make it up that hill at all, let alone maintain 30mph.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, speed said:

Not downhill, but yes, on a highway where one does typically gather and maintain their speed. I don't think doing 70mph up Vinewood hills would be reasonable?

Absolutely not. I wasn't trying to reach that speed, either, in Vinewood. I was speaking in reference of highway travel.

5 minutes ago, speed said:

At a 30% incline in a truck that size, you'd probably be lucky to make it up that hill at all, let alone maintain 30mph.

I'll accept it as such.

Thank you for your quick reply.

@Saja Kain, yeah I think a little pre-planning and not blindly following GPS routing (which is wrong, inefficient, and suggests illegal turns 98% of the time) would mean much smoother trips for you. When I drive a Mule to the mines or vineyard, I take the highways or Senora Road to either Route 68 or Baytree Canyon. It's a longer distance, but the travel time is probably comparable and at least you're moving greater than 25 MPH most of the way.

I avoid the steep inclines and sharp turns of the Hills as much as possible. It just doesn't make sense taking a truck through there. Trucking is a great way to learn to hate the GPS and start mapping your own routes.

Edited by Gasman

1 hour ago, Gasman said:

@Saja Kain, yeah I think a little pre-planning and not blindly following GPS routing (which is wrong, inefficient, and suggests illegal turns 98% of the time) would mean much smoother trips for you. When I drive a Mule to the mines or vineyard, I take the highways or Senora Road to either Route 68 or Baytree Canyon. It's a longer distance, but the travel time is probably comparable and at least you're moving greater than 25 MPH most of the way.

I avoid the steep inclines and sharp turns of the Hills as much as possible. It just doesn't make sense taking a truck through there. Trucking is a great way to learn to hate the GPS and start mapping your own routes.

Yeah, funny thing is that I've taken the route with the van and the first time I took the mule your idea crossed my mind: Perhaps I should just take a completely different route all together. lol