[Feedback] Cop armour

Sam

I understand that cops should be stronger than a civilian but at time I feel like cops are almost impossible to kill in a shootout. In my expirence with cop shootouts I have noticed that even up to 8 bullet will not kill a cop. I hope that maybe there can be some changes to this in the future. Maybe offer armour to civilians also inorder to level the playing field. I decided to bring this up because me and a friend were discussing it.

Edited by Isaiah Rashad

If you want armor as a civ, try cocaine. Also, if you feel you're under-powered then try buying a more expensive weapon. You can't be mad that your SNS pea shooter isn't putting down an armored officer. If civillians could put down officers easy it wouldn't be as fun to try if the situation ended that way - they're government hired personell, they're supposed to have the upper hand. 

Also, 

44 minutes ago, Saja Kain said:

Shoot them in the head.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Isaiah Rashad said:

1. Just because someone works for the government doesn't mean their lives are worth more

He didn't say their lives were worth more. He just said they have the upper hand meaning that they're better equipped than most civilians.

4 minutes ago, Isaiah Rashad said:

2. Even if I am using an SNS it is still a pistol and should be able take down a cop realistically speaking (with 5-8 shots)

This is subjective to accuracy. Five to eight rounds (non AP) to the center of chest armor won't kill a cop. It'll hurt like no tomorrow but it won't kill them under most circumstances. Comparatively speaking, it only takes one round to the head as previously mentioned (regardless of weapon).

7 minutes ago, Isaiah Rashad said:

3. Why would I put cocaine in my body (Instead armour should be added fpr civs)

It provides a similar benefit to that of armor to civilians. This could, theoretically, even out the "armor balance" between a police officer and civilian.

Directly adding armor for civilians would give a more balanced playing field. This would go against the realistic situation presented in life: most civilians don't go around wearing body armor all day. In terms of Badlands, employees of the city are to have an upper hand (as stated), for the simplest of reason: increased difficulty / risk assessment. There would be no challenge if both civilians and police officers had armor. Civilians understand that if they choose to have a shootout with the police, the police will be expected to be better equipped. Most take this into consideration and opt not to have a shootout with the police.

14 minutes ago, Isaiah Rashad said:

If cops can put a civilian down easy it can make certain type of RP impossible.

I'm curious as to what these RP scenarios would be. Consider the fact that you can take on any aspect of the city with three other friends. With proper planning and communication, I don't see any situation that a police officer - or even two or three if they just happened to arrive at the same time - would have the upper hand. If you're choosing to take the risk on by yourself then that's a completely different challenge and should not be easy at all to take on a police officer expecting to win.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Isaiah Rashad said:

I am hoping that there can be a balance found. 

I think CIV x PD combat is more balanced than its ever been before. I've witnessed 2 guys slaughter the entire police force (consisting of 7 units) with pre-nerf deagles.

I feel like no matter what, cops are almost always going to have the advantage but like Juan said previously, they're government goons and have more toys to play with, it just forces people to be more innovative and come up with new strategies to either avoid and/or confront police.

With gun damage values being more balanced, I think the addition of drug effects such as meth or cocaine adds a more fun/balanced way to combat police, more than just shooting once and running.

Though i do believe FTS+ should be the only ones with access to heavy pistols, seems like every other officer nowadays has one and it sucks when you get charged by 3 of them at once..

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Juan McMillan said:

After recent patches you shouldn't be one shot anymore! Makes the fight interesting and fun for both sides. 

Truth.  The Deagle and Revolver both take 2-4 shots to drop me. Pretty sure head shots can still screw your day with a 1 shot from those guns though. A little luck.
I think the guy with a Deagle took me down in like 2-3 shots while the Revolver took 4-5.  Roughly.

I've been trying to pay attention to what guns I am being shot with now to see how 'bad' it is.  I hear a lot of complains on armor.

Edited by BlackMagic0
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Isaiah Rashad said:

@Oscar Wilde Yeah the more I think about it the more I agree with you. I guess it allows for more thought out RP and discourages civilians from just shooting cops there is at least some risk. 

Just remember.  You can still fuck the entire police force with some good shooting and a team.  I've seen the entire PD go down even after the changes. Though I've also seen a single officer take on 4 people and not drop.  So hard to say what that was.  They said he took 12-14 shots from them.

I feel the guns may need minor tweaks but seems far more balance than used to be.  With 1 shot everyone.

3 minutes ago, speed said:

People just don’t like losing. Even before the weapon balancing, people were still complaining that cops were OP... after one tapping five officers and finally being caught by the 6th.

Well to be fair I've seen something sketchy myself on video from someone.  And I don't know if it was de-sync or armor or tweaks to damage.

Though I feel the guns seem more balanced for sure.  I don't test or know all the inside code.. soo can't really make real judgements besides from what I see on PD/Civ life.

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Brendan Thomson said:

While I do suck, if you watch I only got hit once.

Cops do have armour, but we have to pay for it.

Headshot?

To be fair though what do you use money on anyway? ;)

On topic:

I personally think the gunfights are VERY WELL balanced. As someone who's played A1-3L and CC etc this server does it really well with the pistols. Makes for interesting situations. If only there was a better 1st person and 1p only. The only thing that annoys me is the ammount of times I've been RDM by randoms running into gunfights and shooting or hitting me. Melee combat is way OP, all you have to do is hit once and you won against an unaware victim.