Badlands Test Server | Bank Heist Info/Feedback Thread

Osk

All,

We currently would appreciate if anyone has the time to join our test server and test out the bank heist that's been recently finished. This won't be implemented into badlands anytime soon as we are still working out all the other details concerning the bank heist but it would be beneficial for now if we could get some feedback on if it works, what doesn't work, what works well etc. If you need cash once inside the test server just DM @Ozadu or @Osk in discord and we can give out the cash needed. 

How it works:

1) Go to Pacific Standard Public Deposit bank at the crossroads of Alta Street/Vinewood blvd (NE part of the city)

latest?cb=20131025100644

2) Go downstairs to the vault through the bottom gate in the follow picture:

b0097f-GTA5_2017-04-14_09-56-00.jpg

3) Once you're at the vault there will be a yellow circle in front of it, once you step inside you'll be given the option to hit E to activate the bank robbery. If it's not on cooldown (1 min timer in test server) the event will start

4) Defend the bank and stay alive for 5 minutes by fighting off waves LSPD personnel (4 star wanted level). This can be done solo (albeit much harder) or with multiple people.  This may be difficult with pistols only at the moment and with crosshairs now disabled in badlands but that's the challenge! 

5) If you successfully stay alive and the 5 minutes is up, go back down to the vault and pick up the cash then you have to safely escape to the safe house (Franklin's house) while still wanted by the LSPD (so make sure you have a getaway vehicle!).

6) Once you make it to Franklin's safely you are rewarded with 30k cash and you'll no longer be wanted. 

If you die at any time during the heist you will no longer be a part of it regardless if you somehow get revived.
The heist will end under the current conditions:
   a) All involved robbers are killed
   b) The heist was successfully completed
   c) All robbers involved disconnect from the server

Please leave any feedback in this thread with what you like, what you don't like, what works, what doesn't work etc. Any feedback is good feedback!

BadlandsRP Test Server 
Test Server IP: 104.197.117.134

• Like 3

• Osk pinned this topic

This is a really good concept to add to the city. I tried it by myself so it didn't go very well. With 3-4 people (at least 1 getaway driver parked a block away) I can see it being pulled off. Is there anyway it can start as like a job (maybe the story heist spot). A nearby place were you can plan the heist and go through the steps with team? Also were you can sign in (same as EMS/PD stations) as a bank robber to change clothes to heist uniform maybe with duffel bag, get armor, and long guns? (pistols just don't cut it) Maybe on a 15-20 min timer so when its over you lose the extra weapons/armor (timer so you cant log in as robber to get armor, guns for anything else).

Anyway i will try to get a few people to help, that way i will have better feedback on how it works now. 

Attempt number 1: Got the message "vault have been cracked" right as i pushed the button E too rob it.
and when johan respawned from that attempt he still had 4 Wanted stars on him.

Attempt number 2: then we got the timer and everything seemed to be working just fine.  we had 20 second left before we shit the bed..

Edited by Bob Lee
  • Like 1

can you lose the wanted level after getting the money? since from my understanding of the post (no experience) you have to get from A to B as fast as possible when u get the money (A being the vault B being franklins house). Being able to loose the police would open up more escape routes and such (and prevent things such as a pickup truck with four guys shooting like lunatics straight through town).

59 minutes ago, XZiggsX said:

can you lose the wanted level after getting the money? since from my understanding of the post (no experience) you have to get from A to B as fast as possible when u get the money (A being the vault B being franklins house). Being able to loose the police would open up more escape routes and such (and prevent things such as a pickup truck with four guys shooting like lunatics straight through town).

When you get to Franklin's house to complete the mission (with the money on you and the police still chasing you) it ends and you lose the police. I'm going to assume you can outrun them or escape them just like in GTA without going to his house but you won't get any money from the mission until you turn it in there. Ozadu has mentioned ideas for multiple safe house locations other than just Franklin's house in the future to open up more escape route possibilities.

3 minutes ago, Osk said:

When you get to Franklin's house to complete the mission (with the money on you and the police still chasing you) it ends and you lose the police. I'm going to assume you can outrun them or escape them just like in GTA without going to his house but you won't get any money from the mission until you turn it in there. Ozadu has mentioned ideas for multiple safe house locations other than just Franklin's house in the future to open up more escape route possibilities.

Alright yeah, if you can lose the cops and then continue on your way to the safehouse that's great (that stimulates more escape routes before heading to Franklins house), when you go on a wild rush to the safe house it might be a small inconvenience for other players whom they encounter along the way. (most likely always the same way since there will be an optimal path from A to B.

Just now, XZiggsX said:

Alright yeah, if you can lose the cops and then continue on your way to the safehouse that's great (that stimulates more escape routes before heading to Franklins house), when you go on a wild rush to the safe house it might be a small inconvenience for other players whom they encounter along the way. (most likely always the same way since there will be an optimal path from A to B.

Yeah we agreed that we should try and find ways to make the escape a little more unpredictable so we're still kicking around ideas on how to make it different every time. I mean it's not necessarily a mad rush to franklin's house but obviously the sooner you get there the quicker you can get rewarded and lose the cops. You can still lose them however you see fit though.

40 minutes ago, yNzx_ said:

Are on duty cops allowed to get involved in stopping the robbery btw?

That's also something that's being discussed, we don't have a definitive answer yet for that unfortunately. We want to see how the heist plays out in the test server before coming to a consensus. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, yNzx_ said:

Are on duty cops allowed to get involved in stopping the robbery btw?

6 hours ago, Osk said:

That's also something that's being discussed, we don't have a definitive answer yet for that unfortunately. We want to see how the heist plays out in the test server before coming to a consensus. 

You either need to have real police being a thing, or finding a way to prevent robberies like so.

Total Time 11:30, for Setup, Heist, and Escape. Video is 5x

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

Found this while searching for "bank robbery". Had an idea about how they could be done, and didn't realize one had been tested in the past. Since wine release I've been questioning how to do an illegal group activity in city and a bank robbery seemed a perfect fit. Make it slightly tedious and requiring a group effort, similar to wine. Maybe some special equipment only accessible through businesses or something, a cutting torch or explosive to get into the vault pops into mind. Similar to store robberies, you would stand in a specific place to activate the robbery, but let's have 2-4 spaces that people need to be on/around to start and continue the robbery, requiring a group and a plan.

• Like 1

Expanding on @Kiloriffic idea

I want to start off by saying I think the current robbery system is outdated and boring.
Devs already do a ton for the server, I in no way expect any of this to come any time soon but will throw the idea out there.

In my opinion, the best way to improve store robberies would be to add mandatory tasks and similar to single player heists, offer multiple approaches.

For convenient stores I believe there should be only 1 task: that being cracking the damn safe, now for approaches.
Either use a safe cracking kit (which would give prompts similar to growing weed or field treatment) just increase the cost OR single use and in return make the duration of the robbery shorter if done right and longer if done wrong.
For the alternate method, you could try prying the safe open with a crowbar (animation) and same as now, fixed time depending on how many cops are online but at least would make it a bit more immersive.

Now for banks.. I think think you should either be able to hack the safe open using a laptop or tablet, again bringing up some sort of prompt or mini game, same rule applying (risk vs. reward)

That or being able to either cut using a torch (same animation as flares?) blow it by using dynamite from YouTool (possibly requiring line and detonation device?) as he mentioned earlier.

Another possible role could be a disruptor, someone who buys time by delaying the alarm (make it inevitably go off after a certain amount of time or make the mini game so hard or fast paced that nobody can keep up, triggering the alarm)

Same system for payouts.. Garbage or fantastic depending on PD pop.

Hope this sparks even more ideas!

Edited by Oscar Wilde
  • Like 1

based on the video i think that we need to add more barricades around the doors so that police ai can enter without cars blocking them outside, there are 3 blue barricades that cars can not break at the south side of the main bank near the fire exit , those should be made to block around that exit and main entrance to allow for a fix to the car parking exploit and further allow ai police to enter the bank. 

i dont think that npc's are the way to go.
thats imo the dumbest thing ive heard of.
we're supposed to RP everything out NPC's take such interactions away.

There would have to be atleast 3 officers on duty for this to start off or the payout will be either shit or you cant start it at all.

use drills like the drilling minigame from the bank heists that already exist in gta.
have the option for more aggressive ways of blowing a gate open: dynamite.
a drill and drillbits should be legal just in conjunction when wearing masks  and having a hack Kit (wich should be illegal and imported via a buisness)
make it so we can picklock the fences if we so choose to (that being said i already thing that there should be a change for how picklocks work anyways. but this is for a diffrent post)

have multiple deposit boxes in the vault you have to rob.

have a system in place that either gives us money or something we have to melt down and trade for items, weed/cocaine/meth (make it random wich of the 2 you get. a joint is already worth like on average 200$ so for one of those items give a player 50 joints for instance. thats 10,000$ let the money you get from it be like 7500. so the item you get is higher risk for the reward, since you will have to get your ass to sell that dope.

now comming to guns.  ive said it before and ive said it again you dont rob a bank with a bloody sns pistol. give us access to a sawed offshotgun. yes it can be used everywhere by everyone, but its also classified as a class 2 thus illegal it can be shown on the back of a player so a cop will have to notice it and yes i know that with the recent addition to weapon teardown kits people will just immediately stash them but that isnt the problem. for making it even. for cops and even harder for robbers give the cops their bloody AR you have to be atleast a certain rank to carry it at any given time. in case a bankrobbery happens a green light for ANY officer to use a AR is granted untill 30 to 40 minutes after the heist is over i know for a fact that robberies can take a long ass time. this balances the weapons out again. if for any reason a cop who isnt at the appropriate rank to use a AR is needing one because a regular store is being robbed ny someone with a shotgun. they can request to use one and a high enough ranking officer then gets a F1 F2 yes or no pop up saying something like "{ID} requests permission to use AR [F1] [F2]", this ensures that newer officers dont abuse this mechanic.

in all honesty just the guns part alone is something that should happen. regardless.
however it cannot be done just like that. we need a whitelisted job:

Gunsmith.

using any and all of the metals you can get from the blast mine ( there have to be some metals that should be added) make it super expensive: to even make a shotgun in terms of valuable metals used and import something with your buisness that can only be gotten twice every IRL week (idk what make some shitty item up like a barrel stabilizer lol) This way lets say that the item costs 75,000$ alone to finish a weapon so its usable. it also takes a massive ton of time to gather the items. make it have a timer for crafting like 7 minutes and then everything concidered you have 1 gun.

Now ammo. basically all o fthe above. you have to make shells but import gunpowder with a buisness (KEEP IN MIND: gunpowder is also expensive like 80$ per bullet to make and like you will have to sell it for like 150$ per atleast to make some decent money since you are hand making each shell and each shell takes for instance a minute to make.)

for all the other guns a simmilar process is there but much faster and the bullets are also faster to make.

all of this would make bankrobberies possible and add way more RP to the server,

9 hours ago, PeterMcKay said:

this would make bankrobberies possible and add way more RP to the server

TBH if it is added it will just make store robberies happen much less and the Bank heist the same as it is now " I got 3 Hostages in here let me have FREE passage and they will live " 100% guarantee it will just be like that with just a bigger payout. When it first came out it gave dirty money then it moved to cash. I'm not discounting your idea here but just saying Police perspective it will just be the same ol friend hostage and give me free passage

41 minutes ago, Thorgs said:

TBH if it is added it will just make store robberies happen much less and the Bank heist the same as it is now " I got 3 Hostages in here let me have FREE passage and they will live " 100% guarantee it will just be like that with just a bigger payout. When it first came out it gave dirty money then it moved to cash. I'm not discounting your idea here but just saying Police perspective it will just be the same ol friend hostage and give me free passage

change store robberies to how they are in GTAO i feel like that is the best we can do... but make it in stages the longer you stay the more you get from holding up the clerk. with a random limit of getting money from somewhere between 1 and 5 times but make it so you can rob any convenience store. but keep the red stores as they are for all purposes they are right now aswell. this would increase random robberies make it payout like a really shitty amount like a max of 2k now yes people will take this as an oppertunity to start robbing every store alot and it will keep the cops running but when you know what store is being robbed you should be able to get there relatively fast enough...

7 hours ago, Thorgs said:

Maybe the "Free Passage" Shouldn't be a thing? idk maybe could be replaced with somthing better. Just a idea. Idk though but i agree with what your saying.

6 hours ago, Smojo said:

Maybe the "Free Passage" Shouldn't be a thing? idk maybe could be replaced with somthing better. Just a idea. Idk though but i agree with what your saying.

free passage is what all criminals want and they get ofcourse the cops get into a chase but IMO thats what a robbery should end into: a chase, anything done as a criminal should be skill based. and you should be awarded for that.

if you out manouvre the cops because of your driving skill then you do something right. and you can get away.

if the cops keep sticking to you pit manouvre you and they cuff you then your driving wasnt good enough.

or your driving was good but its not your lucky day. nobody knows what will happen in a chase its unpredictable and thats whats good about it. you might fly nose first into a car at 150 mph or you flip your car because a local tbones you, or you get pit manouvered.

its not about winning or losing or stuff being OP its RP.