Power Gaming? And Maybe a Suggestion?

explosivedave

Im just wondering, Power Gaming... I Hear this term a lot. 

Im going to give an example of what i think this might be.

Little joe over here gets him self 50 hits of coke, and runs down to the beach and runs from person to person selling drugs. He sells all 50, and goes back to his garage again and takes out 50 more, Runs back down to the beach and does the same thing, Runs from person to person selling drugs. To me there is 0 RP there, and just grinding to make extra cash.

To me, i think that is power gaming?

Another example....

Big joe over here is at the gold mine, he fills his van and inv, does the refinement and then sells it, little joe does the same then he heads off to make some weed. big joe then heads right back to the gold mine and does the same thing over again. 3 hours later little joe heads back to the gold mine and big joe is still there doing gold. Again, little to 0 RP, and just grinding

Power gaming? i would think so...

Ok so now with that being said, is that power gaming?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Small suggestion...

So with some of the things i just taking into consideration

To avoid this power gaming and people doing certain things depending if cops are online or not.

Ive noticed some citys make it so u cant make/sell drugs if there is not a cop logged on. Maybe thats something we can try to stop people from making 1 mil in a day running coke all night just grinding...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Question, What makes selling drugs better or worse? for example. 

One time i can sell weed at the beach and get 1000 for 4 joints, and sell all 50 i have on me for around those prices, But then next server restart i go to sell again and might get 600 for 4 joints. What makes these prices different? Is it the amount of cops online? or just the area at that time?

Thxs ahead of time :)

Let me know what you think about this, please dont arguing or be toxic. Its just a conversation everyone :)

Edited by explosivedave

Grinding is an acceptable form of power gaming on this server.

If you are doing something soley to further you characters position, (money in this case) diverge of any RP, story telling, or character development, then yes it's power gaming. 

(Powergaming (or power gaming) is a style of interacting with games or game-like systems, particularly video games, boardgames, and role-playing games, with the aim of maximising progress towards a specific goal.)

• Thanks 1