LSPD ability to "Cover" a Dead body (with a blanket)

So I had this idea, It revolves around LSPD and the inability to save lives. 

I find it incredible difficult, almost impossible to stay in character and explain to a person who is down on the ground, that they are dead and I can not help them.

I have RP'd every way around this dilemma, and i have seen everything from... Anger, depression, salt, and acceptance. Even have had a player try to "pull a gun" to force it. 

Thought it would be a nice touch if officers could move a dead body out of the road, or away from a blown up gas station, and cover them up with a blanket, the way all cops do IRL. 

This to me seems like a proper approach to

1: remain in character.

2: let the person know they are dead.

3: mute them so they stop talking till they re-spawn....

Thoughts?.....

Edited by Merr Khan
  • Like 7

I like the idea and I wouldn't mind seeing something like this implemented, but the only issue I see is that an EMS clocks on AFTER the police puts them in blankets and mutes them. Then even if he had 10 minutes left to live, the police basically kills them off with no chance of respawn, unless they can still request medic after it.

I would like the cops to be able to drive a dead person to the hospital so the nurses can help them though... (Only if no EMS is on)

1 hour ago, Chan Wong said:

I would like the cops to be able to drive a dead person to the hospital so the nurses can help them though... (Only if no EMS is on)

Yeah, unfortunately, that's a topic that's already out there and no plans to change that in the near future 

Edited by Thorgs

I just explain that the FD is either on a union break or resources are too taxed to help everyone, and that they may have to wait for the next airlift. Most people seem to accept that explanation within RP. If someone asks why I can't do anything, it's simple, I have no medical training and I'm prohibited by department policy (without actually explaining the policy).

Edited by Gasman

I think this would be an awesome idea to help roleplay the scenario out. Ive had multiple instances where ill come across someone whos down on a scene while no ems is on and when i dont do anything everyone bombards me trying to get me to help them. I understand the reason PD is not supposed to treat people, i would just like to treat people who were incapacitated by me. Whether it be them running in the middle of the road and not having time to react so i hit them, or if they are evading on foot and were to be struck by a vehicle. both instances would be due to me pursuing the suspect and it just makes it hard when i have to tell them sorry but your going to be airlifted.

10 hours ago, Merr Khan said:

Just remember everyone, this is not a topic about whether cops should or shouldn't revive.

it is a topic on what to do while they are down. 

What Merr said, I personally love the idea Merr, if possible I would love this. The RP between cops and civ's who are down with no EMS wouldn't just be... "Sorry can't help you, bye." We can genuiely give them something to atleast have some closure. +1

• Like 2

I really like the idea, i think it will be really good for RP in those scenes, the big issue i have with this is death. Since we technically don't die, it seems too permanent in terms of character development... come out of the hospital after re spawning saying "I died" makes no sense to me. (but since the animations and props proposed kinda said you did, you have to go along with it) or maybe im being too technical.  

Just a thought: Would it be possible that PD calls AI EMS, so an ambulance arrives, PD puts the patient in the ambulance, they get automatically transported to the hospital, and when they come out of the ambulance they are healed? Only PD could do this when EMS is not online, not civs. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Flori said:

Just a thought: Would it be possible that PD calls AI EMS, so an ambulance arrives, PD puts the patient in the ambulance, they get automatically transported to the hospital, and when they come out of the ambulance they are healed? Only PD could do this when EMS is not online, not civs. 

I love this idea except even local ambulances drive like madmen lol

As EMS I kinda like it...I'd want the player to still be able to dispatch EMS. Then we can RP that PD doesnt know how to properly check for a pulse if one does sign in. Maybe only being able to cover the person with 5 minutes left would also help with less of these awkward PD cant do something right RP scenarios. 

9 hours ago, Flori said:

Like this idea, if it's possible but does that get in the way of how we have it now per SOP not able to transport when no EMS is on? 

2 hours ago, Thorgs said:

Like this idea, if it's possible but does that get in the way of how we have it now per SOP not able to transport when no EMS is on? 

I guess this is more of a decision from staff? I dont know PD SOPs, i basically thought of that (even though AI sucks) to help with the RP on police scenes with innocent casualties. Maybe they dont even get to get healed? they could just get literally transported to the hospital to re spawn.

I dont know police SOPs but I would like to see police moving injured to safer place even if there is no EMS on duty. People on Badlands dont really "die". So once they bleed out they just get lifted to hospital by local EMS. Otherwise how else they know all their past life. It kinda does not make sense to cover "living" person with blanket.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Victor said:

I dont know police SOPs but I would like to see police moving injured to safer place even if there is no EMS on duty

Officers are encouraged to move them out of roadways or harms way but we can't like transport them down the street

• Thanks 1

I've started to  RP it as their injuries as too severe for me to help.  That the local EMS is overwhelmed but we have called for a life flight to bring them to the hospital.  In order to get them ready for the flight their pockets need to be emptied of all contents (EMS removes clothing for major trauma IRL anyhow)... that way when the life flight picks them up and they are healed at the hospital it answers the empty pocket syndrome.