State of the City

Tex Galante

I agree with this. I believe illegal jobs should have the highest payout.

A rework along these lines would be nice, and I know there are some changes coming to the robbery system in the future possibly.  High hopes!

• Like 2

I agree with a lot said about the drug balancing so it compares to the amount you can make scuba diving, but i don't think it should be nerfed more than it already has in the past. I think that instead gangs or individuals should start creating their own interactions with divers that could bring an illegal side to the job. At the moment the only thing scuba divers have to worry about is drowning and sharks, but i have tried 2-3 times to try robbing divers while they are still in the water basically like a pirate to try to create the idea of a new factor people will have to worry about while doing their anti social legal work out in the ocean. Its not like I have gone around all day just telling everyone to give me everything they got on their person or in their boat, but just little amounts like "give me some diamonds" or "i want the artifacts you've collected so far" just to create some type of criminal RP that goes with diving. Usually it just ends with the person putting everything on their boat and telling you to just shoot them or they try to swim away, but the idea of it can open up so much more for diving like people creating a security to get paid to look out for these so called "pirates" or just guard a diver and protect them while they do their diving. This also would create more water interactions with LSPD and EMS which you would help trainers/trainees get water calls without asking someone to go drown to help them out with their training's. IMO i just believe a lot more can be done with it before it is just nerfed to the point that no one scuba dives anymore, and everyone is back to wine or trucking around the city. 

• Like 1

+1. Scuba diving needs to be nerfed. And as far as legal jobs there should be a rebuff to wine. Never understood why wine was nerfed as much as it was, i used to get a lot of ems calls down there from ppl falling and its a group activity unlike scuba diving. Scuba diving encourages people to be anti social and grind, not RP. I'm saying this as a person who absolutely hates making wine, but it was atleast a group activity that requires some strategy.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Kota Taylor said:

Honestly, people just need to stop caring about money and just roleplay with each other. The economy as a whole hurts the roleplay more than anything when people are more worried about what car they drive than why their character should even be driving said car with their character in the first place. Roleplay begins and ends with us as a community and until we learn to care less about what we have and more about how we get there in our stories we will keep having the same issues. 

Except as a criminal you need money to pay fines, buy guns, etc. I spend well over 100k a week in fines due to my illegal RP. Anyone can tell you i really dont care that much about money. But i need it so i dont sit semi- afk in jail with nothing to do for 30 minutes. And as a criminal i'm going to make my money doing criminal ways. Criminals don't scuba dive lol

Edited by Coach
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, Coach said:

Except as a criminal you need money to pay fines, buy guns, etc. I spend well over 100k a week in fines due to my illegal RP. Anyone can tell you i really dont care that much about money. But i need it so i dont sit semi- afk in jail with nothing to do for 30 minutes.

To get into that point the cops need to stop being so fucking harsh with fines. This goes both ways with the roleplay. This server is cop server. And the cops are supposed to be taught to not rake us over the coals with their tickets or give the benefit of the doubt with RP but there are some out there that just get a hard-on for catching and punishing criminals. Fact is yes it happens and the cops job is to remove money from the economy in a sense with this. But I have issue with how high the tickets are personally or the fact that some of the cops can't be talked into just letting you go flat out for decent roleplay as they only care about sticking it to the criminals. Note this is not all cops but there are def some out there that do this. And tech it's not against the sop to do so you can't report them so I don't want a cop hitting a response with just report them as you can't report whats broken with the sops themselfs. 

Still at the end of the day if you just role with it and not care about the money, in the end, you will be better off. I mean if I get fined all the way to zero in my bank it will suck but it would open up more roleplay for me. Even if some of the cops are a bit harsh and I don't agree with everything the PD does their purpose is to balance the economy with fines. I think it needs to be tweaked a bit but it's really on you to role with the punches. The best advice I can give is to stop giving a shit about the money as a whole and start giving a shit about the story that lead up too and follows the lack of or abundance of money. 

Edited by Kota Taylor
  • Like 8

21 minutes ago, Kota Taylor said:

Honestly, people just need to stop caring about money and just roleplay with each other. The economy as a whole hurts the roleplay more than anything when people are more worried about what car they drive rather than why their character should even be driving said car within their characters story in the first place. Roleplay begins and ends with us as a community and until we learn to care less about what we have and more about how we get there in our stories we will keep having the same issues. 

My Characters RP is driving like an asshole, If you are ever on PD and search my vehicle you will literally find nothing but repair kits. I have anywhere between 30-120 repairkits in all my vehicles at all times Reason being that I like getting the cops reactions to me driving like a complete idiot then seeing the repairkits reinforcing that I drive like that all the time. I constantly crash into signs and trees on purpose visiting the repair shop about 10-30 times in a given storm. What I drive also matters, I only drive Trucks as a "Red neck" Guardian, Contender and Kamacho are the vehicles I drive for the sole reason of RP. Its the way I RP and its an expensive RP especially since I do mostly Criminal stuff I am constantly loosing money and having to work hard to continue the RP

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Kota Taylor said:

To get into that point the cops need to stop being so fucking harsh with fines. This goes both ways with the roleplay. This server is cop server. And the cops are supposed to be taught to not rake us over the coals with their tickets or give the benefit of the doubt with RP but there are some out there that just get a hard-on for catching and punishing criminals. Fact is yes it happens and the cops job is to remove money from the economy in a sense with this. But I have issue with how high the tickets are personally or the fact that most the cops can't be talked into just letting you go flat out for decent roleplay as they only care about sticking it to the criminals. Note this is not all cops but there are def some out there that do this. And tech it's not against the sop to do so you can't report them so I don't want a cop hitting a response with just report them as you can't report whats broken with the sops themselfs. 

I completely agree with this, When I'm on PD I reserve giving full fine amounts to Shit lords and people that are completely out of line, I reduce what I can and always suggest to people that have felony's to get a lawyer. I do my best to reward good RP and not punish those that bring me good scenarios when I'm on duty

• Like 2

As someone who RP's doing EMS, police, illegal activities, and legal activities I couldn't agree more. I enjoy making drugs and all but right now it simply isn't worth it. Not saying that all o care about is the money, I'm just saying that it is impossible to play the game if you are only ever losing money.

• Like 1

Agreed Kota. I play both sides of the law and the only time i've ever hit someone with the book was when they were breaking server rules and just being a general asshat not wanting to RP. I really do try to give good stories, fun chases, and try to keep the cops entertained when i get caught but its disappointing when they hot you with the book anyways.

• Like 2

First time I ever used a gun in a crime my firearms license was seized by some salty cops, we provided RP as well. Literal first time ever using a gun in a crime & I'm out 20k + 12 hrs + 30k to rebuy + 40k to rebuy again if it gets seized again. The price of 10 firearms licenses went from 200k -> 650k. The 11th one will cost 120k. That's assuming it goes up by 10k everytime which I was told it does. Insane. So 30 mins jailtime + like 20k rest + 20k fine +30k to rebuy if I do I'm out 70k + 30 mins. If I paid the fines I'd still get hella jailtime because felonys and be out nearly 100k. I should add there was no debate. The cop came to me and said he's taking my license, that's that. Now here's my charges. I asked about a lawyer he said no. Apparently high ranking cops can fuck you over without the need of a lawyer because fuck it why not. 

I understand the cops perspective on things. I've seen cop streams, it can sometimes feel like they're running into bad rpers & griefers & powergamers nonstop. But something they need to understand is that they're specifically only interacting with people commiting crimes. That means they're more likely to run into those people right off the bat. Now combine that with some other factors I've noticed - As a cop you'll probably only remember the really good rpers & the really bad rpers. Everyone else you'll enjoy but not really remember. Ontop of that when theres only like 3 cops online during the mid-day / early morning hours, which is when I usually play, anytime a criminal is doing some ratchet shit like shooting cops or taking hostages the entire police force will probably be brought down to that call. Someone cooperating with police or just otherwise having a good time will likely not do so. Which means that cops are more prone to seeing every terrible shitshow, but very few of the wonderful performances. I really do think this taints their image of criminals. 

The same is true in reverse. I've had only one bad experience with cops (the licence revocation) and several good. That bad experience though was really annoying. So It's burned into my memory moreso than any of the good experiences. This can create a bad feedback loop where a cop mistreats a criminal or a criminal mistreats a cop, and so they don't get along the next time they interact, which causes them to mistreat eachother -- you see where this is going. Typically though cops can harm criminals more than criminals can harm cops. 

Also I've felony evaded like 3 times and on the second time they were ready to seize my driver's license but a lawyer got me out of that.

You're not going to convince cops to not fuck you over with fines nor are you going to change the way the server operates. The change to firearms & driver's revocations was 3.11 so they're going in the opposite direction you want them to go. To me it seems they want to discourage gang RP and infact discourage crime altogether with changes like this. 

I don't really care about being max fined at this point I've just accepted it the cops rarely give you breaks except on speeding tickets & shit. You commit a felony they just read from their list of crimes & their fines verbatim. It doesn't really bother me, either, I make plenty of money to compensate. But man license revocations are just plain stupid. Every cop I talk to acts as if it's there to punish rule breakers & hardcore non-rpers & the like. But they're removing them left & right from what I can tell. And the punishment for it is severe as fuck. I'm not bothering with it anymore I'm just buying a knife. I hope I stab a cop and he says he's going to take away my firearms license only to realize he can't. From an RP standpoint it would make sense to take a criminals right to firearms if he misues the right, but from a gameplay standpoint it just feels extremely punishing and not fun. 

Also I'll say this - If "everyone" is doing scuba diving then clearly "everyone" enjoys grinding money. If a large majority of players on the server enjoy doing one thing I don't really see why it should be discouraged/punished. For me personally I RP when I want to and I farm money when I want to. I enjoy the economy & grinding aspect. I paid some guy 100k to become an "investor" in his bank and that was straight RP with a money loss, and it was fun but like damn I'm not going to do that everyday nor could I afford that shit. 

Edited by ToddMurphy
  • Like 1

Yeah, know I see a lot of cop this cop that but I don't see any of the criminals or gangs stepping up and admitting to the shit that they do? While I very rarely give a full fine or jail time but if you do some stupid ass stuff why shouldn't you get full fine? Yeah, I know cause it was fun and I get that but when you endanger lives of others with your craziness sometimes your deserving of it. Why is it on some of these posts its the cops fault its a cop server never anyone else problem just the cops fault? So you say drugs need more attention and they have given it more attention what it basically sounds like I want my cake and eat it too like I want to sell my drugs but I don't want the cops coming around to catch me. Last night we tried to catch a guy for over an hour we knew who it was but never saw him selling did it slow his progress down? I bet it did but I bet he got more out of it knowing he had been outsmarting the cops every time. Laundering money it started at X you all complained so they moved it to XX now it's complaining again cause not now I make 30k before cops come can you change it to 50k before cops come again as I said in prior post you had it good for so long when change happens we can't allow it to work and let them see for adjustment .... Nope, I want it now!

Now on to license seizing, I am all for how they have it now cause if you are reckless in what you do there should be some consequence to your actions. If your caught felony speeding say 3 or 4 times and have been warned or ticketed but you just don't seem to care why should you get to keep your license? You have just proven after multiple attempts your not deserving of it. On to gun license you just committed armed robbery held hostage while doing so fled in a car to get away you finally get stopped by police and hell why not let's shoot the cops dead or attempt too again consequence for your actions.... Oh, it cost me 20k for that ..... Well, 20k isn't hard to earn or I'm a gang member you just signed my death by taking it away well maybe you should have thought about that before you shot at cops. I know this is a game but if it were close to IRL license would be bye bye and never returned same could be said on drivers license after so many infractions it would be suspended anyway and would cost more in cost to get it back.

I know this isn't letting the cat out of the bag cause if you watched Serpico stream changes are coming to Lawyers soon and why is that you ask? because YOU did it to your self by all the crazy things you do in an attempt to free your friends or client. Lawyers were put in place for you to get fines and restitution reduced up to 100%. I welcomed the lawyers into the RP I think it was great and it was a shame when we had to start taking your weapons just for the sake of you not taking a cop hostage to free your client. You should be there in good faith to uphold the lawyer's oath and do service to getting them out the proper way. You will say well the cops still didn't lower the fine so that's why we do it again cops have their discretion on that and while I can't monitor all cops all the time it may happen we have said it in LSPD meetings, community meetings and as @r3v0Lt55 said humans are selfish by nature we can't change them all we do our best to train them in hopes that they are fair with everyone but once their on there own we can only monitor and help correct when we see it.

In closing, I can't speak for every officer as they all have different styles of policing and I get complaints and compliments all the time and I do my best to help nurture good behavior and I'm sure the Senior staff does as well but you gangs and criminals have to give as well some things on both side get waaaaaay to personal and it doesn't make it fun for either side when that happens. Just have fun and RP with one another. My door is always open if you have questions or concerns.

Thank you for listening to my rant. 

Edited by Thorgs
  • Like 7

well said @r3v0Lt55. You hit the point right on the head. Until the community as a whole start respecting each others RP more and caring less about the "outcome" then we will be stuck in a stalemate. I strive to be fair when dealing with all criminals, as long as they are putting in effort, looking for new ways to expand scenario's, hell making me laugh. For example many times I could have used my shotgun I avoid it, as I want to keep gunfights lasting, rather than 1 shot and done, using 3rd person only to shoot, etc. Once we all begin to appreciate another's character and begin to see what they want from their RP experience, then and only then, Can we all adapt and make the overall community's outlook more dynamic.

I agree that the current economy also doesn't help with people grinding scuba diving all day to get that super car. As Kota said, focus on what your character needs, not what you want. I have been a member of the PD for over a year now. Married to the job and have earned a fair amount of cash over my time. However the most expensive car I drive is a sports classic for 400k. As this is something I have "worked a long career" to achieve. I wouldn't be able to own an  x-80 on an officers wage, I have bills to pay, food, rent, utilities. Expand your story, don't be the stereotype of robbing a 24/7 in a super car, in what world does that make sense? Yes, it's a game, but there needs to be a level of realism to give that immersion.

• Like 9

I will touch on one more thing. From personal experience when I was a cop and I was on PD for quite some time. If you act like a jerk when you are caught don't expect the cops to always extend that olive branch and be nice with fines. I may have posted earlier that I feel the fines might be a bit too much but if you're going around getting caught every two mins shooting cops and doing illegals it might mean you need a change in how you roleplay a criminal as you shouldn't be getting caught that much if you're doing stuff right. 

I personally don't grind for money as I would rather be doing productive things with my roleplay and hanging around my friends within the LOST MC I am not rich by any means maybe 50-70k in my bank at any time and still am able to have RP with cops take fines and by the end of the night just for the time spent hanging around collecting the poor mans check I am back to 50k you really don't need to grind to survive at all... I need to clear up a bit of my previous post... I have run-ins with the cops all the time and not every time do I get hit with fines. Most the time actually I get a slap on the wrist for doing stupid shit like getting into a bar brawl. There are times where some cops are dicks and want to hit you with the book but that's not most cops its actually pretty rare it does, however, leave a bad taste in my mouth as a former LT and trainer for the PD as I would never think that behavior is okay... But then again you don't know the type of day they had... Maybe they were just shot at for no reason and are stressed out due to shitlords all shift and it just so happens it rubs off onto you who isn't doing shitlordy stuff per se bare with them and role with the punches. 

Criminal doesn't always mean go buy a gun and start shooting cops for the hell of it. In reality that sorta lifestyle would have you winding up dead or in prison for life... So my suggestion is to think about the roleplay and how it could be entertaining for the cops too. This is a social game roleplaying is a form of acting and socializing treat it as such. You don't have to be MR. QuickTrigger all the time. Honestly, the best thing I can suggest for folks that want to be hardcore criminals is to actually sign up for PD so you can see how it is on the other side of the coin. I personally with my MC stuff would never want to put a cop through something I personally would have hated myself on PD. 

Edited by Serena
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I like the give and take and different viewpoints being brought up, but I personally would appreciate it if it was done in a more conductive way rather than calling a generalized group of people as "cocksuckers" or directly trying to accuse a faction of being salty, powergaming, metagaming, w.e There's a respectful way to get your point across without being a dick.

• Like 2

On 5/13/2019 at 3:01 PM, Kota Taylor said:

Honestly, people just need to stop caring about money and just roleplay with each other. The economy as a whole hurts the roleplay more than anything when people are more worried about what car they drive rather than why their character should even be driving said car within their characters story in the first place. Roleplay begins and ends with us as a community and until we learn to care less about what we have and more about how we get there in our stories we will keep having the same issues. 

^^^ THIS.  SO MUCH THIS!

• Like 3

On 5/13/2019 at 1:01 PM, Kota Taylor said:

Honestly, people just need to stop caring about money and just roleplay with each other. The economy as a whole hurts the role-play more than anything when people are more worried about what car they drive rather than why their character should even be driving said car within their characters story in the first place. Roleplay begins and ends with us as a community and until we learn to care less about what we have and more about how we get there in our stories we will keep having the same issues. 

The past couple of days I have notice Server one's lack of people around public areas and even evolved in RP. Sad really. I as a lover of RP along with the Lost MC are trying to bring events to the city to gather more people together and expand the RP a bit more. It saddens me to see just about everyone just focused on diving and making money for hours because of the economy.

I wish there was other ways to reward RP in the city. I'd love to see more stories from people and see what others can come up with. The doors of the MC are always open for people that want to RP, doesn't matter if you are new or old member of this community. Sometimes people can be intimidated or shy to involved themselves in RP. Money can be an issue sometimes but i think there is many of us Role-players that help each-other in RP to make sure our stories continue. Its all about getting out there and making an effort and speaking up. This is a RP server after all, let's keep it that way. 

12 hours ago, Kota Taylor said:

Criminal doesn't always mean go buy a gun and start shooting cops for the hell of it. In reality that sorta lifestyle would have you winding up dead or in prison for life... So my suggestion is to think about the roleplay and how it could be entertaining for the cops too. This is a social game roleplaying is a form of acting and socializing treat it as such. You don't have to be MR. QuickTrigger all the time. Honestly, the best thing I can suggest for folks that want to be hardcore criminals is to actually sign up for PD so you can see how it is on the other side of the coin. I personally with my MC stuff would never want to put a cop through something I personally would have hated myself on PD. 

I Have to agree with this allot, I don't see the fun or much RP at all in taking someone down in one shot, like make an effort. Use more fists and none fire weapons for a change. 

I have been doing criminal stuff here and there and never have I been in prison once or gone broke from it. When it comes down to it I really believe its about how you interact and the RP you bring to the cops. I have had some run-ins that led to shitty situations with cops, maybe they had a bad day? I like to think, but I can also say I've had some pretty amazing ones as well and seen good RP rewarded by cops. Having also been part of the LSPD, I can sympathies in many occasions and can see things from both sides as well being a civilian. 

If you are going to be a criminal be a criminal and pay the price when you get caught, or get better at plotting and your heists. Look at it in a realistic sense, if this was IRL would it make much sense? and plan ahead, play your role and have fun with it. Its a game and thankfully you get extra lifes so make them count, make the most of it. I'd love to see this community keep growing in their RP. 

This is just my two cents on this matter. ❤️

Edited by Missladee
  • Like 7

On 5/13/2019 at 11:04 AM, Matthew Evans said:

If gangs were to disappear from the city, cops would be bored writing speeding tickets and conducting welfare checks and dealing with occasional drug calls

I could not agree with this more by giving them full fines and not being lenient with gangs you're just discouraging them from making your job exciting. At least that's my mindset some officers prefer drug calls, speed tickets, etc.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Isaiah Rashad said:

I could not agree with this more by giving them full fines and not being lenient with gangs you're just discouraging them from making your job exciting. At least that's my mindset some officers prefer drug calls, speed tickets, etc.

Again, what he said is true, while I don't care about money I also can't deny that a little bit of money for fines is something that goes a long way. I wish they would've separated characters with money and other things but this isn't what this is about. My gang character is my favourite character to play, I can barely ever play it since i'm always trying to RP against Ballers and other gangs. Fines get too much and I can barely pay for them, bare in mind I always stay in RP and RP to my fullest and i'm still getting booked half the time. Not even a Felony to Misdemeanor to help me out. 

Edited by Reuben ~ Reckonity
  • Like 1

imo we need more heists with higher payouts, more jobs to keep the grind fresh, a job rebalance to match scuba diving rates, and an illegal job re-balance with increased income rates to reflect "High risk, high reward" of crime for the sake of realism. Currently the rewards are nowhere near the risks, and the fun of RP is overshadowed by that high risk of losing what you spent so much time working for.

(i think the time spent vs money gained is at a good level for scuba diving, which should be reflected in every job to keep the grind fresh and keep options open without feeling like you're losing money & creating more RP opportunities within other jobs)

economy is important. rewarding activities are important to have.

everything nice is expensive in blrp.

crime doesn't pay. police are clearly biased by the current status of balance.

me, and probably a lot of potential RPers, want to make money and buy things (cars, homes, business)

the grind currently is pretty stale and long to make millions, without a lot of RP scenarios. <- because of the lack of diverse jobs with decent payouts.

RPing will come naturally with a balanced economy and creating more valuable points of interest will create more potential RP situations to arise

Edited by Antonio Wright
  • Like 1