Trucks for trucking jobs are too OP

Clyde Rivers and I wanted to get into some RP of delivery drivers for Pißwasser acting as rednecks and not stoping even for police delivering beer.

We got into 3 cop chases and noticed how OP the Phantom Custom and I am assuming all the Job trucks are for running from the cops. Here is one very good example of how well Robust this truck is

https://clips.twitch.tv/MuddyObliqueCattleThisIsSparta

This clip shows a perfectly executed pitt-manuver with a Tahoe going 80 MPH and I was able to brush it off.

My suggestion is to make the truck easier to breakdown or be able to pit it much easier. 

• Like 1

+1 i think the trucking job trucks need to be worked on in some way. Really the only way cops can have a chance of taken out these trucks is either very well placed spike stripes, or driving far ahead to shoot out the tires of these trucks. Both of those can be easily avoided with just taking a different road or moving out the way of the spike stripes, and even with blown out tires the trucks are still able to keep going like its nothing. 

• Like 1

I think they're probably fine as is, I do have a bit of an issue with how well the Phantom Custom performs compared to everything else. But aside from that, pitting a truck isn't very realistic to begin with. I think cops just have to figure out a better way to stop them. Perhaps they could be made a bit "squishier," though. It should be difficult to stop a truck, but not impossible. The other option is we just chase them until they run out of gas.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, r3v0Lt55 said:

Couple shotgun shots to the engine block does the trick just fine :)

Actually that doesnt do shit to this truck ill update with proof

Edit: https://clips.twitch.tv/BoredToughPelicanBudBlast Here is a clip of Victor Lee shooting directly at the engine twice then shooting all the tires out and she still drives like nothing 

Edited by Cleetus McSkeeter
add clip

1 hour ago, Gasman said:

And all this time the scrubs been using super cars to get away, SMH

Joking aside, yeah, these things shouldn't be tanks...

I agree but to an extent I understand why it has so much health is because of the local cars constantly crashing into you but with the recent vehicle buff it has made it crazy OP I think if we keep the health but the ability to spin it out easier would be perfect

Edited by Cleetus McSkeeter
  • Like 1

The trucks are pretty tanky, which as you are showing here can be a problem in a police pursuit but I would argue that they shouldn't be changed for the following reasons.

1. Their max speed is like 120 MPH which is far too slow to escape a cop, their acceleration while seemingly good for a truck is overall very shit.

2. They can't turn very well. If I'm going 60mph and need to take a 90 degree turn which is like every road in the city, I pretty much have to bring my speed down to like <30. If I'm going above 60 the brakes are so trash I'll likely have to use both the normal brakes & the E-brake. While normally this causes a vehicle to spin out of control with the trucks it actually makes them more managable and slowdown a lot quicker.

With these two points I'd argue that while it might be difficult for a cop to pit you or disable your engine, you're not exactly going to lose them. You can't corner, your acceleration is bad, and your top speed is well below theirs. 

3. Trucks a big, their turning radius is bad and from my personal experience I often bump into shit accidently. Some things I bump into would completely wreck a normal cars engine (street lamps for instance) but the truck is able to take much more of a beating. This is really nice for the trucking job because if your engine starts taking damage you go *really* slow. I personally feel like the truck is a primarily job vehicle, any ability to escape from the cops due to the tankyness is, imo, irrelevant when you factor in points 1 and 2.

So I will have to disagree with you on this -- whenever I accidently run into a street light I really don't want my engine to be blown. Then again I never even fathomed running from the cops in a truck because it seemed futile.

Also trucking is how I make money so naturally I'd be opposed to this. 

Edited by ToddMurphy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think the trucks are fine as is. It is really hard to stop a fleeing semi IRL but it can be done. Spike strips do work on them and yes they can go up to 120 but all of the police cars can go faster than that. All you have to do is follow them until they crash out or run out of gas. Yes, the rucks are hard to stop but they should be. I also think that this is what drivers license seizing is for. I personally am far more likely to seize a drivers license if someone runs in a semi. It would make sense if there were a CDL license that could be permanently seized like with a towing license. If it really is a problem I think that this would be a better fix.

1 hour ago, Benjamin Wells said:

I think the trucks are fine as is. It is really hard to stop a fleeing semi IRL but it can be done. Spike strips do work on them and yes they can go up to 120 but all of the police cars can go faster than that. All you have to do is follow them until they crash out or run out of gas. Yes, the rucks are hard to stop but they should be. I also think that this is what drivers license seizing is for. I personally am far more likely to seize a drivers license if someone runs in a semi. It would make sense if there were a CDL license that could be permanently seized like with a towing license. If it really is a problem I think that this would be a better fix.

Trucks should have their own license. Makes no sense that tow trucks are different license, and normals trucks aren’t.

With trucks having their own license, that should cost more and have a longer seize cool down, it will most likely fix people going crazy with trucks in a police chase. Maybe a 6 hour cooldown by buying license again after it’s seized for excessive police chase?

but when it comes to how “OP” the truck is; it isn’t. Sure you can tank a little extra but who is actually going to escape the police in that thing? Usually it’s 0 cops on when I play or 4-6, and a truck can’t escape 4-6 no matter what you do.

• Like 1