Mike Scalleta

Mike

For me my journey starts off on the island of Anglesey North Wales, the island is suburban, not much around and just the odd jobs going I just grab what I could, worked on the farm sat on the beaches and look at the stars at night and milked the cows to make the barest of all pennies, I didn't earn much but it earned me enough to keep me going and me true I loved the island is where my home and will always wear my heart will be but to live to dreams that I want o live I much progress from this quiet and tranquil of this beautiful island, times had passed on kep on making the little money I did in hopes that one day I'll live the deams that I see in the skies at night 

Many years passed doing the same job for the same little money dream of the dream that I sleep to most nights before I was handed an opportunity by a local called "Lewis" he was a local , who was seeking the similar dream of a better life and had offered me to join him, I didn't have much money at the time and only the clothes on my back but if I wanted to live the dream I wanted to live, I decided to take up his offer and took the risk of the unknown, the journey took many hours but we landed in an unfamiliar place and distant territories

The place was populated bustling with people in the street, stall as far as I can see, this was a strange place to be very different from the quiet life that I had in wales, it was such an overwhelming experience filled with excitement and joy but at the same time I had a sense of apprehension t it all and felt rather lost to where to start, so for the first few months I struggled to fit in with this modern life, I felt like an outcast and inc ally greathearted the decision that I made with the question of would I be able to go back tot he life that I had once had, then I made this man Called "steve" he was a wide man seemed to be in later 20s just walking into the street, I had accidentally knock him to and of course expressed my apologies and saw the glum face that I had present to me in which he asked " what with he long face young boy?" so I kindly replied "just struggling to find my purpose in life, I feel I don fit in anywhere" he smiled, somewhat confused me at first until he told me these words "Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself" "stay true to who you are and you find your purpose in life" and he just walked away from the crowd never to be seen again,

A month went past, went from job to job again making what money I could, but all I could think of was the word of the old man kept on running into my head, then I saw an add to head to this distant land called " Los Santos" the post described the place as tranquil, endless coastlines and the opportunities for a better future, I thought I was dreaming the poster was too good to be true I was pinching myself but I was appreciative to think this was too good to be true, but never the less I took the risk and signed up for the journey that I had dreamed of, days went past with not a peep to be heard of until one late night whilst was asleep a loud knock shattered my ears as I approached the door, a man was standing there dressed for the occasion and asked " are you Mike? so I kindly replied with " yes and who are you", then quickly replied, " you don't need to know who I am, all you need to know is time to go to Los Santos"................. I was stunned, quickly gather what little possessions I had and followed the man to appear to be a boatyard with a boat and a handful of people, we quickly went on the boat and went into the unknown.
The journey seemed forever, it was probably me been seasick from all swaying that happened, but many weeks later at a sunrise, we arrived at this strange island , first impressions where like it said in that poster, endless coastlines with beaches as far as the eye can see, endless forest and a tranquil sky with not a cloud to see for miles, it felt like a dream had come true I was in tears that I had finally accomplish what I wanted to achieve, so I explored the island to see what I could do for a living, at first i did some smaller jobs, worked at the supermarket, did some fishing did some random jobs here and do anything to get my footing on this wonderful island and everywhere and here I stand today.
what life and this woman has taught me is live life to the full, and keep dreaming the seams that you have as if you put you mind to it anything is possible, make some tully wonderful friends on an island that I thought was once a dream,

Edited by Mike
  • Like 1