Helicopter / Plane Opportunities and Freedom

Freedoms / Rules

Personally, I feel like the air rules are too strict. I feel like having the freedom to use it as an escape or use it illegally in some way could work. Planes and Helicopters are really expensive in the run long so you wouldn't see it abused too often.  I also feel like instead of revoking the license and yoinking the helicopter or plane they could impound the vehicle with a heavy fee or temporarily revoke your license and give it back once it is over.

There could also be an air traffic radar or something that the Police could access that reads all air traffic. They could also make it more skill based and make it so that it only detects at a certain height. I feel like having more freedom with planes and helicopters with only heavy fines/impound fees could open a ton of RP opportunities. 

Opportunities

This is just a suggestion but it would be cool to see cargo or even illegal jobs for planes/helicopters that aren't 12 million dollars. It could really open the lock on air based RP which I personally love and other enjoy. I know scripting and developing is long and hard work but it would be cool to see it in the future.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, theGreatPanda said:

I feel like having the freedom to use it as an escape or use it illegally in some way could work

I don't see this happening as it will be abused ALL the time and be the new Meta on escapes and or doing illegal activities just gives waaaaay to far advantage for criminal stuff.

A price bump would not help as much as you think it would. There is nothing that needs to be changed in regards to aviation-related crime. Nothing on Badlands is high-risk enough to warrant a helicopter escape IRL. You would never see a chopper coming in to lift people away from a store robbery or some growing of weed.

I agree, but bigger crimes such as bank heist or the stealing of a transportation crate would (Ik their currently not on the server) but figuratively speaking. But yes currently, no one would use a helicopter to  run from the cops. And lets say they did, and they got caught. They would risk loosing their helicopter license and the helicopter itself....so would it really be worth it?

soo? chase a helicopter with a pd helicopter wait and see who runs out of fuel first (thats only if pd have a some kind of info that a heli ganna be used and that theres a appropriate rank on duty to do so) and thats not saying that the suspect chopper will land surrounded by friends with guns?? this city has been around a long time , alot of ppl have alot of money. I pers dont see any rp value in helicopter chases "lspd , land now!" - "no fu pig" -no thx 

• Like 1

I Own and operate a chopper all the time. I have also learned the hard way that if you misuse it in the BL cities an admin will take it away without warning, and getting the ability to get that license back is very hard. I understand why they have made these rules.

1. not every one is capable of flying one. such as not having a full keyboard (flight controls are on the num pad)

2. They are expensive, and if you are transporting a large amount of illegal items i.e (Coke or Meth) you chopper can get seized, For me that is a loss of $2mill. 

3. It is very over powered, if it were allowed in criminal activities. The PD would almost have to have a chopper out 24/7 in all 3 cities. taking away from ground forces needed to handle other calls.

4. There is only a few locations that you can pull out a chopper, making it so that the criminals that already have one out have a massive upper hand.

As much as in real life this would not be a problem, In a city with only 32 people in it at a time. it is just over to powered and not easily over come.

And also to mention, how often to street gangs have a chopper to use at their disposal to go and make Cocaine or rob a local 24/7 store. (because that is going to be the most common use for it, if it were allowed) 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, Storrent said:

How would police counter a helicopter escape?

Maybe helicopters could only take 10 shots to disable, or as someone else suggested, use another helicopter.

Other suggetions could be giving new tools to the police, like a helicopter radar or something, that would give them information who exactly is in the helicopter and who owns the helicopter. That way they can put in a wanted record for the initial crimes + maybe a hefty fine / jail time for "Felony Escape in Air vehicle"

That way, even if a helicopter owner decides to fly away, he will still be punished in the end unless he is smart.

16 hours ago, Thorgs said:

I don't see this happening as it will be abused ALL the time and be the new Meta on escapes and or doing illegal activities just gives waaaaay to far advantage for criminal stuff.

How in the world will it be the new Meta if only wealthy people can afford it? Sure, it gives a huge advantage, but we can always implement stuff to counter that. Maybe all helicopters are automatically tracked by police, so the location of the helicopter is always known? Or even make the helicopter drain fuel like no tomorrow, so it can only fly for 15 minutes max before it has to land to refuel somewhere.

I would love change up the helicopter rules, but it should still be semi strict. Like, don't let people land in 2/6 and pick someone up, that would be abuse and unsafe. Maybe make a helicopter cost 10k or more to pull out, so it's an investment when you decide to run cocaine with it, or even make the fuel cost $400 per liter or something, so it's a money sink but also worth it.

I probably will never buy a helicopter to just use for skydiving once in a lifetime, it's too expensive and I don't shit millions (as of right now.)

TL:DR; Make helicopter allowed to be used in illegal operations, but make the penalty very high if caught or just using the vehicle in general.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Chan Wong said:

only wealthy people can afford it

Lol, your funny 1mil is not wealthy it can be gotten in no time. The only real reason most don't have one now is there is not a lot of use for them otherwise if illegal for what is proposed there will be more in the sky. 

48 minutes ago, Chan Wong said:

but make the penalty very high if caught or just using the vehicle in general.

Yeah like your heli gets seized and you lose your license that's a stiff penalty.

15 hours ago, keebler_mfn_elf said:

I Own and operate a chopper all the time. I have also learned the hard way that if you misuse it in the BL cities an admin will take it away without warning, and getting the ability to get that license back is very hard. I understand why they have made these rules.

1. not every one is capable of flying one. such as not having a full keyboard (flight controls are on the num pad)

2. They are expensive, and if you are transporting a large amount of illegal items i.e (Coke or Meth) you chopper can get seized, For me that is a loss of $2mill. 

3. It is very over powered, if it were allowed in criminal activities. The PD would almost have to have a chopper out 24/7 in all 3 cities. taking away from ground forces needed to handle other calls.

4. There is only a few locations that you can pull out a chopper, making it so that the criminals that already have one out have a massive upper hand.

As much as in real life this would not be a problem, In a city with only 32 people in it at a time. it is just over to powered and not easily over come.

And also to mention, how often to street gangs have a chopper to use at their disposal to go and make Cocaine or rob a local 24/7 store. (because that is going to be the most common use for it, if it were allowed) 

Keebler has the right idea here ^^^^^

• Like 1

I would love to see people be able to use planes to transport drugs and only get the license taken if they evade. I think it would be cool for people to be able to have that large scale feeling of drug transportation. I agree that people evading in helicopters would be ridiculous and unfair, but I also think it would be cool for people to be able to use aircraft for at least some illegal stuff and not have their license taken away for it. I love to fly and I love jobs that support that in game so I think something along those lines would be really cool. At the same time I do see how people being able to use aircraft in that way could create a lot of problems. And if people did try to evade in a plane, well there are only so many places someone can safely land one. I understand the same is not true for helicopters but maybe there could be something that just involves planes for transporting drugs.

I know that I have heard developers/administrators have said that they don't want a ton of people being in the air and causing less player interaction. I agree that it would be a problem if there were a bunch of people in the air and not doing RP, however, I think it could be possible for some aircraft based RP to work with some job. Even if it's not illegal, just some way that maybe you could hire someone with a plane or helicopter to transport certain large items or something. Maybe you could only get an item at an airport and it would then need to be transported in an aircraft with a large cargo capacity to some place where it could be unpacked or something... Not really sure if this is something that could work but I feel like some sort of aircraft based jobs would be really fun and could create some fun RP. This definitely isn't something I would expect to be a priority for the developers and I understand if they don't think it would be a good idea. This is just my take on it and what I would like to see.

5 minutes ago, Benjamin Wells said:

I know that I have heard developers/administrators have said that they don't want a ton of people being in the air and causing less player interaction.

"causing less player interaction" ??

e4vKxBd.png

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1