How to create more RP based interaction with the LSPD

Str84it

I'm glad you brought this up!  I feel like I'm often short changing your group (which is giving me amazing and unique non-violent roleplay experiences and a long-term case to work on, exactly what I've been looking for). I'm always excited to respond to your calls but usually end  up having to leave for violent emergency calls. I brought it up with with members of senior pd who have let us know that we do not need to take every call or rush through the call we have to get to others. However, we still need to be available to assist in pursuits, armed robberies or anything where another officer is requesting backup. Additionally, I've been wanting to bring you down for a voluntary interrogation at MRPD but again, other crims end up getting priority because they have a right to a lawyer and there is minimal space for conversation.

One possible helpful tool would be a separate and longer lasting police file where other officers can see information that has been collected on active cases; if I log off and there is no one else on duty, there's no way to pass on the information, or receive information from cops who had taken previous 911 calls from your group.

Another point would be that in a lot of ways, our Sops are designed for catching people who usually don't want to be caught, and that evidence from the more creative rp crimes can be difficult to collect without certain tools.

I'm not sure what the solution is but I just wanted to put out there that I'm appreciating what you, Flori, Victor, and Mr. Joe Hall are doing, thanks for giving me my favourite pd experiences so far, and I hope other groups get inspired to try something like it, or that I run into more groups who already are bringing that story-based long-term rp without shooting at every scene.

• Like 4

You are absolutely right @Mia. 
With right I am not talking about the compliments.  ;)

I have always enjoyed your interaction and fully understand how things are. 
Do hope you will run into more stuff around the city, outside of looking into a gun barrel.
The idea of having longer lasting consequences on a file/crime is great.

The chance for officers, who feel inclined to, to pursue a certain case, catering to RP based criminality that isn't within a pre-set frame..
Allowing all parties involved to take it as far as they see fit, of course without interference on regular police duties.
This will probably be done by higher ranks as they earned a certain freedom to do so. 

Like you said you do not have a database. and unfortunately the high speed chases seem to be rampant.
Regarding tools to collect evidence etc, when it comes to RP, it's mostly a 'battle' of wits, creativity and connecting on the same level.
If all parties involved, agree, understand and create together. There is no limit nor a need.

I do have to say tools can help.. a lot!! 

A solution might also be if the conditions are right. Like enough officers on duty etc.
You may conduct actions and dedicate some time towards an RP driven story. 
If 8 people are involved in fun RP story, active with the LSPD. Maybe not everyone needs to go after that one guy that decides to joyride.
But safety first!

Thanks for your reply! 

• Like 2

The LOST MC pretty much make up our own crimes and content as well this is why we have the reputation of standing around the MC not doing anything... And it's not that we are actually not doing anything it's that we just aren't doing drugs and the mechanical crimes in the city. I hate we have that image but I totally agree I wish there was more of a way we could bring cops into roleplay that's not the typical robbery call or what have you.  Like we have domestic abuse calls we do bar brawls we do Raids on the FIB building we chop up bodys and hide them in the lake up north... We do massive group to group drug trades which (would be fantastic for cops to bust by the way) Where we have two groups meeting up like a movie in a run down location and trade off huge amounts of drugs...  Fact is cops due to SOP's don't care too much as there is nothing they can do about such things within their SOPS and it's not really their fault at all. 

• Like 3

I mean it's not really the cops fault like I said I am not trying to blame PD as they're not really trained to help with those sorta calls and interactions. But maybe some awareness can get a conversation started as to how this could improve. 

• Like 2

Just now, Kota Taylor said:

I mean it's not really the cops fault like I said I am not trying to blame PD as they're not really trained to help with those sorta calls and interactions. But maybe some awareness can get a conversation started as to how this could improve. 

This post is not to bash on PD, I personally wanted to have an idea if we were the only ones doing it lol and then if there is enough players that are looking for the same kind of interactions to warrant a debate about it, that's all :) 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Kota Taylor said:

Fact is cops due to SOP's don't care too much as there is nothing they can do about such things within their SOPS and it's not really their fault at all. 

I wouldn't say the SOP's are to blame for this they are basic rules to abide by but every officer views things differently. We really have tried to KTS but sometimes you have to go beyond that cause some cant use what should be common sense has to be put in black and white.

3 hours ago, Mia said:

I brought it up with with members of senior pd who have let us know that we do not need to take every call or rush through the call we have to get to others. However, we still need to be available to assist in pursuits, armed robberies or anything where another officer is requesting backup.

And yes this is correct more so with fewer officers on as we still need to police the city but you shouldn't rush any RP once engaged with some exceptions as you stated the other part to this is were on a public server rather than a whitelisted one where there would probably fewer crime calls cause more would be engaged in RP more. I'm always open for more in-depth RP or allowing other officers to do so as well just keep me apprised to the scenario your engaged in so we know what's going on and inform who we need to.

• Like 3

Thanks a lot  @Thorgs! For your input. 
Of course it goes without saying that SOP's carry weight and are guidelines to ensure, that a structure works coherently.
It's impossible to put everything in black and white.
Regarding common sense I agree too.  Not always a guarantee. And everyone takes input differently.

I consider a long term RP engagement a consensus between all parties involved.
In which case what is considered common sense, can be determined by the participating players and should always be set within the boundaries of what senior PD deems sensible.
Maybe  set a general frame that states more clearly why and how an exception for RP benefits can be made.

As a Civ I am not up to date in general practices and SOP's. So I appreciate the view on your side.
I hope we can find a way to reward all players with the excitement of LSPD interaction.
Possibly offering officers the time to weigh and balance their response to calls.
Inciting others to interact with our proud force in blue in different ways. 

Just happy to hear we weren't on an island ;P If sentiment is shared, things can evolve, like the city always does.
So thanks for response mate! That's why I opened this for discussion.

and lol @Cleetus McSkeeter was only interrupted very briefly mate. I do apologize, brought us some trouble, 
youre not the only one loving Rebel Radio.

I think what it comes down to is timing. I've had many times where i try to initiate an "unofficial" crime. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt, just depends how many cops are around and how active the city is at the moment. One of my favorite scenarios was when we took a hostage down to LifeInvader and made him hack into their system so we could download everyone's creditcard info that used the service. We sent in a 911 call in the form of an automatic security alarm that detected a breach. We used the NPC employees as hostages since they dont run when you aim guns at them. All in all it was a great police interaction and was much more fun than the standard store robbery. I understand this isnt exactly the type of thing OP is talking about, but i think the best way to go about it is to do something small that is "on the books" illegal and make the strictly rp illegal activities tie into it.

• Like 1

Can imagine that must have been fun! Thanks for the feedback. You can take a SOP regulated crime and expand on that. Making sure you get the interaction you look for. Good tip. 

And yes, timing, the officers on duty, crime activity.. etc.. are important factors. 

Great to hear they responded in this case. PD got an silent alarm notice from LifeInvader. Maybe one day that will be enough for a full follow up.

Sound!

Thanks for the story! @Coach 

Edited by Str84it