Holding Breath Under Water

AndyM

I think that the amount of time a character can hold their breath underwater should be reconsidered.

I haven't put a stopwatch to it, but the time is super short! I recommend something like 30 seconds to 1 minute before starting to take damage.

There are three benefits to this:

1.) When scuba diving, you will have a more reasonable amount of time to change tanks or make it to the surface if you run out of air from a tank.

2.) When scuba diving and the server goes down (this happened to me yesterday), you will have time to equip a scuba tank before drowning when you log back in. I load the game pretty fast, and my character drown before I was able to equip another tank when logging back in. I submitted a support ticket, and was refunded the money I lost, but that also took time for an admin to handle.

3.) It would also allow people to dive underwater for short periods of time (like snorkeling).

I support this only based on the fact that I've drowned twice whilst attending a water call as an EMT.  I have swam before but in those cases for some reason I was unable to swim and bam, I died because I didn't have enough time to figure out what was wrong. I suppose it must have been because I crouched on accident? Why does crouching make swimming impossible. Perhaps change that? IDK, but it's mighty embarrassing.

There are adjustments in the next patch that will give you more time to get to the surface after spawning. Not to say you will be able to hold your breath longer, or that it’s guaranteed you won’t still drown, you just won’t start drowning before you even have a chance to move.

Other than that, we will not be making changes to breath duration.

• Thanks 1