New Civilian Armored Truck Job

r3v0Lt55

So I had this thought awhile back but never made a post about it. Here is what I'm thinking. A new civilian job where you would go to the security offices  and clock in as security you then would have access to the green and white armored truck (maybe even providing a clothing circle there to make sure people are dressed appropriately kinda like EMS and PD have). I think this is a job where you would want to do it as a group (idk how many people can fit in the armored vehicle also figuring out a group payout based on how many people are in the vehicle from dev side of things).  Once you get your vehicle you would get bank and store destinations in which you would have to go inside of the store and either drop off or pick up money. You would have a few of these before having to go either back to security office or  federal reserve for final drop off. Once returning back to the security office you would receive your pay check.

Above is the main part of the job that the security team will have to focus on to get their paychecks. You can make to where you need a security license or need to have a gun license for a certain amount of time to make sure that security personel is "trained".

You could also open up the possibility for these trucks to be robbed by other civilians.  Criminals would have to track the truck and decide on whether to ambush on the road or wait until the security team exits the vehicle for the delivery/pickup leading to a more diverse robbery RP. A panic button would also be available in the car that would contact home security office then after a set amount of time would notify the police last known location of the truck. I think this diversity in multiple robbery scenarios available with this system would add for a freshness from both the civilian and police side of things.

Would love to hear what the community aswell as the admins think about a system like this. Look forward to reading your thoughts.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, r3v0Lt55 said:

You could also open up the possibility for these trucks to be robbed by other civilians.  Criminals would have to track the truck and decide on whether to ambush on the road or wait until the security team exits the vehicle for the delivery/pickup leading to a more diverse robbery RP.

And then the security team willingly hands over the money because the people robbing them are actually their friends?

• Like 2

There are ways to deal with friends doing this. Make the robbery time based and not whether or not the driver presses the button to open the back (or combination of both). Also like many other jobs would do if you are the security team involved you would be place on administrative leave pending investigation into the robbery. How long that "administrative leave" would be could be tweaked (30 mins, 1 hour, whole storm).

2 hours ago, speed said:

And then the security team willingly hands over the money because the people robbing them are actually their friends?

At what point are we going to start developing and working towards RP though? I mean I know it's a public server but it is an RP server, it's not Second Life. Ive said a million times I am happy with Badlands being open for everybody, and all kinds of players having their space here, but what are the priorities? I've also said this a million times, why not start focusing in improving RP experience and whoever is not interested in that they can still do their thing. Restricting or disregarding cool features due to trolls/shitlords/failRPers seems to be always the premise for everything, why not focus on good fun RP as the point of start, and then we deal with those players that abuse or misuse systems or mechanics?

Sorry for going off-topic, I hope we can have that community meeting soon, we do have ideas and suggestions if you guys are willing to give this a chance :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Flori said:

At what point are we going to start developing and working towards RP though?

You mean like we have been for the last two years? We're happy to add new content to support RP, but that doesn't mean we can just discard concerns about abuse.

57 minutes ago, Flori said:

why not start focusing in improving RP experience and whoever is not interested in that they can still do their thing

RP comes from the players, not development. There's nothing stopping anyone from RPing out this exact scenario right now. The only thing adding a job would do is make it easier.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, speed said:

RP comes from the players, not development. There's nothing stopping anyone from RPing out this exact scenario right now. The only thing adding a job would do is make it easier.

Quick example related to this: you lockpick an armored truck (assuming you will be able to drive it since many vehicles have their engines disabled) and go do your RP.. the police stops you and there is nothing you can say to convince them it's YOUR vehicle or registered to the company you work for whatever... your whole scenario gets interrupted cause you are facing charges for GTA now. 

Yes, RP comes from players, but you said it yourself, you have been developing for 2 years, which in some level i hope you agree that mechanics and in-game additions help support RP, abuse and misuse should be a concern but not a limiter imo. And what I am personally asking for is the chance to discuss, and maybe question that Focus on RP doesn't only come from development but from Administration too and in general from the players of badlands.

• Like 1

I support adding in more things to RP around around, wether it be robbing armoured trucks, banks or houses are all things I quite like the idea of and hopefully will be developed one day. People can be shitlords about a lot of things but can easily be banned. 

I think the main issue is trying to combine two jobs into one function, Delivery driver, and Robbery. It's tough to design one job to fit two markets. Short of myself and a few others, I can't think of too many people who enjoy being robbed, And would "go along" with it. 

So I say make the bank trucks AI. (Or if you really want a legal delivery job, make the robbers AI, lol)

For example: Player's who own stores can't even play nice when their store is being robbed by a civ, Even though store robberies don't effect the store owners income cause the money the robber gets comes from the Gov. I can only imagine how bad it would be if the robbers actually got the owners money. 

If the truck is driven by a player, how do you stop it? Again IMO not many players will "play along" with getting robbed, if getting payed means making it to the destination in one piece. They will drive over a crowd of locals, or off a cliff to get to their destination.  

It's an Up armored truck with what I assume are run flat tires, so shooting the driver or tires out is not going to work. I see a lot of VDM happening to attempt to stop it, unless there is some sort of tool implemented to stop the truck.... maybe throw Jumping Jacks out the window from in front of it,,,, idk... then thermite to open the back of the truck.     

Making the truck AI would also make it so it could be displayed on the mini-map, You wouldn't want to broadcast a player's position on the mini map, they would get swarmed with players. But an AI truck...... who cares? 

You should have to have an "Illegal Item" known as a radio scanner, or stolen gps tracker, on your person, to locate the trucks position, or to make the truck show up on map. That way there is risk associated while attempting to do the job. 

Make the job (truck spawn) only available when there are ample cops on duty, and stores in operation needed money deposits.

Make it take 1-2 min to open the back of the truck, while cops get alerted just like a store robbery. 

In this sense, you can make the payout better then store robberies, the risk is higher cause your out in the open, not barricaded in a store with a hostage.

Also it would be more skill based, as soon as you start trying to stop the truck, police get alerted. So the better you are at stopping it and getting it open the better chance you have of making it out.  

Make the bank trucks have a 1 hr + cool down, so they can't just do them over and over or when no cops are on.   

I understand avoiding exploit gaps are a goal of the Dev. team, but at what point is it better for the community to do the harder job of banning exploiters Vs. the easier job of restricting everyone?    

Edited by Merr Khan
  • Like 2