Realistic Death.... and Stuff

Smojo

So ive been noticed around the server during gun fights, Civ vs Civ....Police Vs Civ....what ever the fight is who or against. When someone dies, the ems revives them. I dont see how someone can revive another person who literally died by gun shots in their body without the use of a hospital.

It would be more immersive if depending on how bad your wounds are.....will depend on if you go to the hospital and how long you spend in the hospital. 
you get shot 10 times.....it does not make since for ems to come and rub their hands on you and revive you to life like non thing happened.
Doesn't happen irl, even if you get shot once you go to the hospital, lol yah got shot.

Ive been told the reason ems revive on the spot(sometimes) is because some people dont feel like "Wasting time" going to the hospital. Waiting in the bed ect. ect. But thats all apart of RP. You get shot....you die...you go to the hospital...thats RP.

Its not immersive or realistic when a ems says "I put a band-aid on your 6 bullet holes :) your fine now." It also excludes the potential RP In the hospital with the doctors, police officers at the hospital trying to figure out how you got shot. ect. ect.

2 hours ago, Smojo said:

Its not immersive or realistic when a ems says "I put a band-aid on your 6 bullet holes :) your fine now." 

If that ever happens I would suggest either talking to them or let a higher ranked EMS member know about the situation. Because I would be emberassed if I got an EMS that tried to get me up with that excuse. I hope you exaggerated it, since that makes the EMS team look bad.

Me personally, I always try to fix the wound to the best of my abilities; like cleaning it with some sort of alcohol, taking the bullet out if it's stuck in them, stitching them up and putting a bandage on the wound. I am not a nurse or doctor IRL, but I try my best to make it realistic, and if they still tell me they're in pain and need a hospital after that, then sure, I'll bring them there and talk to a fake nurse on dispatch about the situation and that we're heading to Pillbox hospital now and they got to be ready.

Every situation is different but I personally dislike EMS members that don't at least try to put effort into the situation.

Other than that, I kinda agree with your original thread here, but if EMS had to bring you to a hospital every gunfight, we would just be taxi instead of roleplayers.

• Like 1

From an Paramedic within the EMS standpoint here is my take on it. Although I agree with you, I want to disagree until something in the EMS rules states so. EMS can take a patient to a hospital with their consent. We have full right to say they may need transport to a hospital but unless we get their consent once again we cannot. 

On top of that, we are not to force any of our patients into any RP that they do not want nor look for. So if said person who was shot by the cops multiple times, they have the right to stay there and make their character stand up on some miracle. 

As @Chan Wong it's poor RP for a EMT+ to just put 6 band aids on multiple GSW's and if I personally see this, I would have to say something. Thank you for the concern and I'm sure if this gets enough feedback on the future we may see some possible changes to how we do things, and what we can do. But right now thats our standpoint ?

• Like 1

yes i agree some people's injuries are unrealistic to send them on their way roadside, but following on from what george said, we can't force anyone's RP, all LSFD members are encouraged to immerse people in their RP for helping them up, but we are also supposed to gauge the level of RP the patient is looking for.

i've had people tell me "my torso just got sliced by a helicopter!!" and i follow on with that RP and make it a big deal, and then as soon as i recommend them hospital treatment, their tone will change because they do not want to go. now it's fine to not want to be transported to the hospital, but RP kinda requires two to tango, when i arrive onto a scene and someone tells me they've been shot in the head (and are able to talk somehow) or have a limb missing and also refuse hospital treatment, that will ruin any immersion LSFD members have.

IRL, EMT's rarely will help people roadside, but instead treat them in the back of the ambulance while driving to a hospital, but that's not a feature we have (to be able to perform animations while sat in the back with a patient or see eachother much really), so treatment will happen roadside where it's easy for everyone to see eachother and any bystanders to be able to witness LSFD rp also.

all in all, i agree that more serious injuries should be dealt with in the hospital, but that will take away any RP the LSFD member can experience on duty through helping the patient themselves, there is no "doctor" rank, and at the end of the day, this is not a whitelisted or serious RP server, both LSPD and LSFD are always looking for ways to improve their factions, so who knows what will change in the future, but currently, that is the way things are handled.

49 minutes ago, luna said:

yes i agree some people's injuries are unrealistic to send them on their way roadside, but following on from what george said, we can't force anyone's RP, all LSFD members are encouraged to immerse people in their RP for helping them up, but we are also supposed to gauge the level of RP the patient is looking for.

i've had people tell me "my torso just got sliced by a helicopter!!" and i follow on with that RP and make it a big deal, and then as soon as i recommend them hospital treatment, their tone will change because they do not want to go. now it's fine to not want to be transported to the hospital, but RP kinda requires two to tango, when i arrive onto a scene and someone tells me they've been shot in the head (and are able to talk somehow) or have a limb missing and also refuse hospital treatment, that will ruin any immersion LSFD members have.

IRL, EMT's rarely will help people roadside, but instead treat them in the back of the ambulance while driving to a hospital, but that's not a feature we have (to be able to perform animations while sat in the back with a patient or see eachother much really), so treatment will happen roadside where it's easy for everyone to see eachother and any bystanders to be able to witness LSFD rp also.

all in all, i agree that more serious injuries should be dealt with in the hospital, but that will take away any RP the LSFD member can experience on duty through helping the patient themselves, there is no "doctor" rank, and at the end of the day, this is not a whitelisted or serious RP server, both LSPD and LSFD are always looking for ways to improve their factions, so who knows what will change in the future, but currently, that is the way things are handled.

ive seen a thread a while ago about doctors and that they are working on implementing that. i feel like once we have actual doctors and an EMS cant help someone up but they are forced to go trough a doctor (if none is around they will be sent in as they are now) that people will value their  lives more and are kind of forced into actually RPing their injuries wich in my mind SHOULD NOT be concidered a bad thing however to each their own on this.

I agree with this, i was in a situation where my car blew up and i got stuck under it. When the EMS came he (after about 2 minutes of looking at me) pulled me out from under the car and got me revived. We talked a bit and i said ive got some serious burns and will need help. he proceeded to leave me with a limp. For some reason i was unable to get into a car and this EMS just left me there not able to get into a car and with no hospital nearby. Luckily there was a cop that was still on the scene who arrest me for "Attempted Murder and felony Evasion" that was by far the funniest thing i had to deal with. He cuffed me and brought me to a hospital, he got a call and said looks like you can go finish the kill while i take this other call and left me at the hospital with my friends. 

• Like 1