Pilot's License Questions

AndyM

Hello,

I recently bought a pilot's license, and I read the rules listed in game. However, I have a few of questions:

1.) Since the aircraft can't be used to do anything illegal, what happens if you give a ride to someone and they have drugs or lockpicks on them? Or what happens if they have a warrant out for their arrest? How can I possibly filter out these possibilities?

2.) If I steal an aircraft, is that grounds for losing my license?

3.) I realize I can only land on heli pads in the lower half of the map, what are the restrictions for landing in the upper half?

4.) If I loan my aircraft to another player, and he does something against the rules, is it his license on the line or mine?

I'm sure I'll have more questions later, but that's all I can think of now.

Thanks for your time.

1 hour ago, AndyM said:

1.) Since the aircraft can't be used to do anything illegal, what happens if you give a ride to someone and they have drugs or lockpicks on them? Or what happens if they have a warrant out for their arrest? How can I possibly filter out these possibilities?

They can't be explicitly used for illegal activities, ie: making/selling drugs, evading police, etc. Your license isn't going to be revoked if it just so happens someone has some weed on them, or they're wanted (unless you then try to evade police with it)

1 hour ago, AndyM said:

2.) If I steal an aircraft, is that grounds for losing my license?

No, as long as you're not breaking other rules with it.

1 hour ago, AndyM said:

3.) I realize I can only land on heli pads in the lower half of the map, what are the restrictions for landing in the upper half?

Land somewhere that makes sense. Not in the middle of the road, not in the middle of a job site or anywhere else that's disruptive to players.

1 hour ago, AndyM said:

4.) If I loan my aircraft to another player, and he does something against the rules, is it his license on the line or mine?

It would be the other player's license on the line.

• Like 3

Hi, I also have some questions based upon this post.  You mentioned "Land somewhere that makes sense. Not in the middle of the road, not in the middle of a job site or anywhere else that's disruptive to players.", and my own thoughts are to land among the windmills and nearby the satellite dish areas(engineer job).  Two questions come from that: 1) Am I allowed to land in those areas? and 2) Are the paths between the windmills considered "roads"?  I appreciate the clarification on these specific areas.  Thanks!

6 hours ago, Trevor James said:

Hi, I also have some questions based upon this post.  You mentioned "Land somewhere that makes sense. Not in the middle of the road, not in the middle of a job site or anywhere else that's disruptive to players.", and my own thoughts are to land among the windmills and nearby the satellite dish areas(engineer job).  Two questions come from that: 1) Am I allowed to land in those areas? and 2) Are the paths between the windmills considered "roads"?  I appreciate the clarification on these specific areas.  Thanks!

i think because IRL it would be a NFZ that its not a good idea to land there however i can see what you are thinking about.. i do see the paths count as roads however since nobody goes there you should be fine.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@speed There was some confusion around landing in certain spots in the lower half of Los Santos, some examples following (please let me know which ones are and which are not allowed).

The Beach,
Open grass spots that do not bother other players or can be a danger to anyone,
Police station helipads,
The hill behind 2/6 garage, 
The aircraft carrier

I just wanna know these spots before i move on, cant risk a ban or license getting removed..

10 hours ago, Blueman_Gaming said:

@speed There was some confusion around landing in certain spots in the lower half of Los Santos, some examples following (please let me know which ones are and which are not allowed).

The Beach,
Open grass spots that do not bother other players or can be a danger to anyone,
Police station helipads,
The hill behind 2/6 garage, 
The aircraft carrier

I just wanna know these spots before i move on, cant risk a ban or license getting removed..

Landing in the lower half of the city ideally should be kept to helipads (police pads are fine). The beach is touchy but should be fine for the most part. I would say no to “open grass spots” without a better definition. The hill behind 2/6 is a definite no. The carrier is fine.

• Like 1