Populated Zone Rule

I'm actually here at the recommendation of one of the Admins.

I'm a regular mechanic at 2/6 and we got in some trouble for responding to multiple hostile initiations with gunfire (within the rights listed under RDM). I'm not complaining, the explanation given makes perfect sense. We shouldn't have been responding with hostile intent of our own in accordance with the Populated Zone Rule. The confusing part was that said rule is only listed under Gang Violence.

Now, I suppose a group of pissed-off mechanics shooting back at someone could technically qualify as a gang, but that aside, I feel that this confusion would be easily resolved for future potential offenders by copy/pasting the "...is not allowed in player-populated areas of the greater Los Santos area (Legion Square, legal job areas, the yacht, etc.)" stipulation to also be included under RDM, if this is how the staff feels about shooting in populated areas altogether.

Maybe it's this way for a reason, but I feel like as it currently stands, criminal action in areas like 2/6 is practically unavoidable. Even the instances that are properly RP'ed (rare as they may be) are at risk of a ban for a rule that isn't really there.

Thanks for reading. Yee yee partners.

• Confused 1

The only rule with violence at player populated areas is for gangs to limit gang violence as it was out of control at one point. I myself am not in favor on putting hard restrictions or safe zones in the city it would open up meta and people stirring shit only to hide from their actions in said safe zones. This reason along with many others would in the end in my honest opinion would hinder roleplay and move the server backwards from its medium roleplay direction and the small steps its taking from not putting training wheels on everything to counter the shitlords which is typically what light roleplay servers have to do. 

My advice if you're sick of seeing the drama and random bullshit going on at 2/6 while clocked on mechanic maybe move to any of the 5 other mechanic shops and open up business. 

1 hour ago, Kota Taylor said:

The only rule with violence at player populated areas is for gangs to limit gang violence as it was out of control at one point. I myself am not in favor on putting hard restrictions or safe zones in the city it would open up meta and people stirring shit only to hide from their actions in said safe zones. This reason along with many others would in the end in my honest opinion would hinder roleplay and move the server backwards from its medium roleplay direction and the small steps its taking from not putting training wheels on everything to counter the shitlords which is typically what light roleplay servers have to do. 

My advice if you're sick of seeing the drama and random bullshit going on at 2/6 while clocked on mechanic maybe move to any of the 5 other mechanic shops and open up business. 

I can speak from experience.. Safe Zones are by far the worst thing to exist... A server I used to play on had it and people would just sit in those zones until you got sick of waiting or until you snapped did what you had too then got banned.

I feel an elaboration is needed on my opinion about this.

I agree with y'all, safe zones do suck. I also think that we as mechanics should retain the right to fight back at the slightest hostile initiation with full force. I have no problem with shit going down at 2/6, it keeps things fun and exciting. What had me twisted was that we got reprimanded  by the higher-ups for appropriate retaliation, even though the Populated Zone stipulation is currently stated to only apply to gang violence.

To me, it should be one way or the other. Either let civilians take matters into their own hands within the stated rights and rules (especially when there's clearly no police on duty), or adjust the rules according to the response we received. Like I mentioned, I'm mostly concerned about potential bans for a rule that isn't there.

Edited by WinzzWorld

• WinzzWorld changed the title to Populated Zone Rule

If you had downed those individuals, it would have been RDM.

You were not reprimanded, you were reminded. To clarify, the admins understand when someone is defending their life to a member who is clearly breaking rules. But that isn't what happened. That is why reminders of both RDM and gang hostility rules were brought up, so everyone understood within the area to keep it in mind, and make sure they didn't fall under either of those rule breaks. You inferred these reminders in a way that was not intended, I believe. 

• Thanks 1