Do you think we could use a ladder climbing mechanic career?

AshesWhats

Do you think we could use a ladder climbing mechanic career?  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ok, so the devs have a roadmap, and mechanics are getting some changes soon (seperated from tow truck) it's just if we were to give mechanics all of these improvements it will be taking away from what there original job is.

I'm not sure if you know but mechanic was a job brought in strictly for repairing peoples cars due to our new system the devs put in place. I believe we don't nessercarily need all these big changes, just some small baby steps then within time it could be a future job?

That's just my view on it,

• Like 2

6 hours ago, George Cahill said:

Ok, so the devs have a roadmap, and mechanics are getting some changes soon (seperated from tow truck) it's just if we were to give mechanics all of these improvements it will be taking away from what there original job is.

I'm not sure if you know but mechanic was a job brought in strictly for repairing peoples cars due to our new system the devs put in place. I believe we don't nessercarily need all these big changes, just some small baby steps then within time it could be a future job?

I see where you're coming from. I was curious what other people thought so hence the poll. Also I saw a post about it, I thought this might get their attention, give people a chance to show if they are interested in it. You never know what future the devs could be thinking. Whatever they decide they've done this great so far, I'm sure it will continue to be.

Edited by AshesWhats
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, George Cahill said:

I just want to point out that some people actually do nothing but work as a mechanic full time. No extra curricular activities or anything. Its nice to see that happen, would be nice to see it at multiple garages too. The reason I say that and point it out is because it could keep the amount of "mechanics" logging in down if there was a better way to incentivize more people from just logging in to be able to fix their own cars. Stopping at a shop and having the price to fix yourself be like 5k because there are so many mechanics on kinda sucks when youre far from most of the population. I feel if there was something to work up to as a mechanic, or something different (maybe clocking in/out at a specific shop like you do for wine.) Then offering something to build up to as a mechanic could go a long way for the legal RP in the city. 

Just my 2 cents.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Victor Carter said:

The reason I say that and point it out is because it could keep the amount of "mechanics" logging in down if there was a better way to incentivize more people from just logging in to be able to fix their own cars

If you see this happening you can also report them... their on duty for a reason and for just rolling around to fix there own car is not the reason.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Victor Carter said:

I just want to point out that some people actually do nothing but work as a mechanic full time. No extra curricular activities or anything. Its nice to see that happen, would be nice to see it at multiple garages too

Here is my issue, people don't like to do it at other garages and I struggle to understand why. 2/6 is probably one of the worst mechanics, placement wise espiecially due to high activity in that area so how would you suggest a change to that? I don't see how we can force people and it just sucks that people don't do this more often. Forces us players to go to 2/6 if we don't wanna pay 3000+ dollars when multiple are clocked in all standing at 2/6.

I will say, on the OneSync server there have been a handful of guys that have been roving around working other shops. They're doing a fantastic job. Sandy, Mirror Park, Hayes... I would much rather head that way than go to 2/6. It's become worse and worse (even since I got here at the end of April) and it's nice to see other shops being manned.

20 hours ago, Thorgs said:

If you see this happening you can also report them... their on duty for a reason and for just rolling around to fix there own car is not the reason.

I do know that typically on OneSync there are 2-3 guys that hang out at Sandy and maybe the same at 2/6. That would explain the high prices.