For Lawyers To Read

AshesWhats

For Lawyers  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Here’s my idea, not sure if someone already has done it but... I want to create a group. A group where all lawyers join and we chat together and create a community like mechanics have already just by grouping at 2/6. Or police have by working together.

I suggest we could help another out with cases, talk about legal stand points and processes. Discuss angels and the law. We could share what we found out about the law with another Incase it may come of use in the future. ALSO it could help new, incoming lawyers to our practice. Police have rides alongs, what do we have? 

I want to see who supports this idea of bring people together in the lawyer track, before I make this a reality.

If you like RolePlay, this could add to it. For us lawyers. It’s something we’d naturally do. Discuss the laws and meet each other. I, for one, only know one lawyer that I’ve chatted to. To make this more realistic. I can ask you to join the community in game instead of through here.

but please vote so I can know if this is a good idea.

I find personally that a community would be a great idea. I've got knowledge that i would be happy to give to those who need it and are willing to listen, as well as it'd be funny to see several lawyers all showing up dressed professionally (at any given time) at a PD. It'd be funny. Not to mention the lack there of lawyers in general. (People don't like spending money on the BAR license....) I could see this being helpful to those who need it, promoting RP, and providing LSPD with a handful of lawyers at any given time to have RP with, despite there being possibly several criminals involved in a case. This is where i think the community/group effort would come to shine.

i like the idea, however i dont want it to be whitelisted for obvious reasons however. i would like to see it being treated like how some stuff of LSFD and LSPD are handled like dispatch. maybe we can get actual offices for lawyers too and an actual law system with court etc. we already have the interior for court just not the actual means to use it like an actual DA etc. il brainstorm a little on how i would like to see this become a thing.

Would love to see state prosecutor's added to the mix so that officers dont have to be grunt judge and executioner , having lawyers deal with lawyers makes more sense , then perhaps 2 group's of law firms can emerge  (only ACTIVE whitelisted off duty cops can be prosecutors)

Edited by Kilo
  • Like 2

The Law Room is made. Whether you join via in game talk (being asked for RP) or joining via government web to be officially stated by. 

On top of everything else, I'm not the only one I want running this. So I'm giving people permissions.

Edited by AshesWhats

Personally, as an attorney, I would rather run it solo. Going to cases, for me, is about making money. There are few enough calls as it is that if I'm clocked in as a lawyer, I don't want to be sharing calls. It's almost a guaranteed 15-30k payout.

That being said, I'm not like Mr. Foster who spends a great deal of time being clocked in. For me, lawyering is a tertiary pastime , so I may not have all that much of a say in things here.

On 7/9/2019 at 5:00 PM, Jeffrey Will said:

Not to mention the lack there of lawyers in general. (People don't like spending money on the BAR license....)

This is probably due to the fact that people don't realise that you make that back after 3-4 cases. TBH, I bought mine because I had the money laying around. I finally went on a call and realised that I had a knack for reducing the fines/time enough to make the client happy but not so much that the officer shut down to negotiations.

20 hours ago, Nate said:

Personally, as an attorney, I would rather run it solo. Going to cases, for me, is about making money. There are few enough calls as it is that if I'm clocked in as a lawyer, I don't want to be sharing calls. It's almost a guaranteed 15-30k payout.

That being said, I'm not like Mr. Foster who spends a great deal of time being clocked in. For me, lawyering is a tertiary pastime , so I may not have all that much of a say in things here.

This is probably due to the fact that people don't realise that you make that back after 3-4 cases. TBH, I bought mine because I had the money laying around. I finally went on a call and realised that I had a knack for reducing the fines/time enough to make the client happy but not so much that the officer shut down to negotiations.

its not about sharing cases. I agree, I like making money and more so, I like roleplaying as a lawyer. It's about being able to discuss and build on it. Whether if you discuss ur cases with someone or not doesn't mean you won't get a case. It's about if you accept it in time.