Gang Rules

I would like to see the gang attire change to no limit at all while not engaged in hostile situations. But limit it to maybe 6 for hostile situations and 6 for any player populated area. 

Reason for this is it limits RP to have to keep having people change out of clothes when people are just hanging out not being shitlords

Also would like gang registries. 

Edited by Kota Taylor
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Kota Taylor said:

I would like to see the gang attire change to no limit at all while not engaged in hostile situations. But limit it to maybe 6 for hostile situations and 6 for any player populated area. 

Reason for this is it limits RP to have to keep having people change out of clothes when people are just hanging out not being shitlords

Also would like gang registries. 

I agree gangs, families, mobs, etc should have to apply and be approved and make their own SOP to an extent to show intention and organization. That SOP should include a gang roster that has to remain up to date so the staff know who is involved and what not.

Along with this, currently when a group get together to do something they have to wear as similar clothing as possible when committing crime, however my proposition is some lee-way as I personally would have a ranking attire for crime so it may not necessarily be similar but known to be associated with my Family.

2 hours ago, Zee Bruh said:

I would like to see bigger caliber guns for gangs too.

Personally I think they way bigger guns should be brought in is by secrecy. What I mean by this is give your community something to look for.

Implement a heavy arms dealer that the location is moved every so often and weapons can only be purchased using dirty cash. This gives the community something to look for, gives another job in the community that’s strictly RP and intensifies things ??‍♂️ 

Edited by Ozzie Ozbourne
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, Ozzie Ozbourne said:

Personally I think they way bigger guns should be brought in is by secrecy. What I mean by this is give your community something to look for.

Implement a heavy arms dealer that the location is moved every so often and weapons can only be purchased using dirty cash. This gives the community something to look for, gives another job in the community that’s strictly RP and intensifies things ??‍♂️ 

Or potentially a new Gun running job where you could craft higher caliber weapons illegally. 

I think with white listing its much easier to implement stuff like gang wars and more 'organised' crime. By this I mean if you have say 2 gangs at war with each other, they could decide between themselves various things as part of the terms of the war, such as shoot on sight in a certain location deemed to be one gangs territory (extreme example). It would be nice to have some more openness for beef between gangs without just random people being shitlords to each other and RDMing.

I've literally just finished a night shift so if parts of this don't make sense I apologise, hopefully you get the general jist of what i'm saying. 

• 3 weeks later...

I would really like to see the current gang rules expanded, literally. I find a limit of 4 too small with no interaction with other groups whatsoever. Here's the current rule set for refresh:

Gangs
Any organized group of players that engage in hostile RP together is considered to be a gang.

Gang Sizes
        Gangs are limited to 4 active players at any given time.
        Gangs members in excess of the 4 player limit may not take part in hostile roleplay or illegal activity with the main group, and may not wear gang attire.
        Gangs may not ally with other players, gangs, or security groups to increase their effective size.
    Gang Violence
        Gang violence is not allowed in player-populated areas of the greater Los Santos area (Legion Square, legal job areas, the yacht, etc.)
        Initiating hostile roleplay on, or being initiated on by any active member of a gang constitutes initiation with all other active members in the immediate area.
        Gang violence must adhere to all server rules, including hostile initiation and NLR.
    Gang Behavior
        Active gang members must wear matching attire that makes them easily identifiable as a member of the gang.
        Gangs should not harass or otherwise disrupt the gameplay of other players.
        Conflicts between gangs should remain civil and within RP at all times.

Gang sizes, Its too broad and generic that it prohibits and limits RP. I feel it should be switched from a limit of 4 active players to 4 active gunman, 3 Active lookouts/Scouts, 2 to 3 active drivers, 1 gang leader and so on, In a combination with an attire set up for organized crime would be FAR better to enabling people bring more people into RP and planned operations than just 4 people to do anything. (Numbers per here are subjective/example)

Perhaps if un-organized crime does stay in 2.0, Keep the 4 person limit, But for those who are part of gangs, familys, organizations and so on, You inherently have a lot of people and would be appreciated to get more people in on it than just 3 other people.

How and why would expanding like this be good or bad for the city? The good:

More RP for numerous people in one situation. Many a time do we have to expunge a 5th or have someone willingly step out. It sucks. Cops would also have more scenario's than just dealing what is infront of them, There would be more non-static scenario's that could occur such as 4 people robbing a store and a get away truck shows up and picks everyone up and bolts while the scouts across the street are keeping tabs on the cops relaying info. Cops could if they identified the gang in question, Try and find the others involved in the situation in the surrounding area and attempt to arrest them too. This would let LSPD *actually* have a reason to be cautious of the people in the area around a situation than to just shoo everyone away. This would also open up more situations such as high-class kidnapping, A driver shows up with a 6 man vehicle with the 4 gunman, they disable and blindfold the hostage and force them on there knees, Get away van shows up and takes the hostage and now these 2 vehicles with 6 people total could drive to the boss who is in a secure location with lookouts. You kindof get the picture im painting here, hopefully. Just to add on, This would also let cops try and do a bit more investigative work and see how they can connect who to who even more so than they currently do. I don't know if LSPD enjoys this but i love investigative work myself and would get a kick out of it.

Now lets talk about the bad. Lets face it, Sometimes LSPD would be *outnumbered*. But honestly speaking, Civ's are commonly outnumbered in store robberies or bigger scenario's such as kidnapping. If a civilian or group of civilians can win a situation 2:1 without body armor and only pistols/pistol mk2, I feel confident to say 2 to 4 LSPD could wipe the floor with a couple shotguns and body armor against a full size gang. And if they don't, They put themselves in that position and can't blame the rules for causing it as the limit of guns in action wouldn't change, But the information and options would.

I could make a bigger paragraph on these but id like to move on.

So 4 active gunman, Some amount of scouts and drivers and a leader. How would it work in situations? Well gunman would by command of the leader, Be the ones with the guns. They would be the ones doing the orders as no leader actually does the dirty work themselves. Scouts would only ever scout and only ever behave in there own self interest of staying alive, If there being shot at they could run or surrender. Scouts wouldn't always be wearing group attire as you wouldn't want to be easily identified to any other gang or LSPD. Kindof defeats the purpose of a scout if your easily identified. Getaway drivers would act similarly to scouts except they would be wearing identifiable gang uniform equipment, Different than a gunman of-course but similar enough that you can tell this is their drivers.

My final thoughts is the amount of scouts and/or drivers could be interchangeable as one thing maybe, They scout and drive, And as to how many can be in action too would be up to how the admins would like. Just something to bring more people into scenario's is the final objective i have in mind.